2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

11 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I don't know if you read my posts regarding me meeting and talking to Jake Arrieta's mother.  I have talked to her on two separate occasions.  She is a very nice lady.  She knows that I am a Saint Louis Cardinals fan and she told me she grew up in a town south of Saint Louis.  The last time I talked to her was in the last week of the regular season, so I told her that there still was a chance that the Cardinals and the Cubs could still meet in the Post-Season.  I still wish that that would have happened.  I know that the next time I see her, she will "jokingly" "rub it in my face" that the Cubs made it and the Cardinals did not. 

As much as I like her and have "respect" for the Chicago Cubs, I will be rooting for the Cleveland Indians to win the 2016 World Series (whoever the Indians play). 

Well YES I have read your post and I think its great you got to meet her.  I have always liked Arrieta and i have no clue how the Orioles let him get away.  He was our ACE.  Do you read anything I or anyone else happens to post?  NO>  You post and run.  You have one agenda.  And its never going to happen.  To make everyone be a St Louis fan  And to bow down to the Cardinals.  One of my favorite birds, I have one I feed daily named George.  They come to my feeders as I am an avid bird feeder and watcher.  As for your Cardinals, I really never liked them or hated them.  You are making it tough for me not to hate them.  Meeting Arrieta's mother is an honor.  Meeting him , well, if you do, get a pic and a ball signed!!!!  And one for me!  Ha.  Yeah right.  I want to ask EBK if she would trade me a Chris Davis Bobblehead for a Pence bobblehead I got in San Fran at AT&T park.  What a ball park  I cant believe Chapman stunk out the joint.  He really let the Cubs down that sack of shit.  He better make ammends.  I expect the Cubs to wallop them tonight.  The Dodgers are a diaspppointment but its far from over.  Baseball plays 162 games and my Orioles should not have popped champagne corks over a WC birth.  Look at what happens.  Its a travesty for a team to be eliminated in one game.  Toronto is lucky.   I hate them so I will cheer for Cleveland to get to the series and then assuming the Cubs dont fuck this up, one base of long suffering fans will be happy.  Cleveland is no joike.  They have pitching.  Ask Boston.  I think Francona had the inside skinny on them.  So back to Arrieta, I  think its great you met his mother.  Have some damn class and cheer for the Cubs.  I mean, they have not won since before the Titanic set sale and Hitler came into  power to put in into perspective.  

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well YES I have read your post and I think its great you got to meet her.  I have always liked Arrieta and i have no clue how the Orioles let him get away.  He was our ACE.  Do you read anything I or anyone else happens to post?  NO>  You post and run.  You have one agenda.  And its never going to happen.  To make everyone be a St Louis fan  And to bow down to the Cardinals.  One of my favorite birds, I have one I feed daily named George.  They come to my feeders as I am an avid bird feeder and watcher.  As for your Cardinals, I really never liked them or hated them.  You are making it tough for me not to hate them.  Meeting Arrieta's mother is an honor.  Meeting him , well, if you do, get a pic and a ball signed!!!!  And one for me!  Ha.  Yeah right.  I want to ask EBK if she would trade me a Chris Davis Bobblehead for a Pence bobblehead I got in San Fran at AT&T park.  What a ball park  I cant believe Chapman stunk out the joint.  He really let the Cubs down that sack of shit.  He better make ammends.  I expect the Cubs to wallop them tonight.  The Dodgers are a diaspppointment but its far from over.  Baseball plays 162 games and my Orioles should not have popped champagne corks over a WC birth.  Look at what happens.  Its a travesty for a team to be eliminated in one game.  Toronto is lucky.   I hate them so I will cheer for Cleveland to get to the series and then assuming the Cubs dont fuck this up, one base of long suffering fans will be happy.  Cleveland is no joike.  They have pitching.  Ask Boston.  I think Francona had the inside skinny on them.  So back to Arrieta, I  think its great you met his mother.  Have some damn class and cheer for the Cubs.  I mean, they have not won since before the Titanic set sale and Hitler came into  power to put in into perspective.  

I read yours and everyone else's post on this baseball thread.  I agree about having to win a one game Playoff game.  If the Dodgers would have beaten the Giants on the last day of the regular season, the Cardinals would had to have played the Giants in the same scenario as your Orioles did with Toronto. 

I will post on here the next time I see and talk to Mrs. Arrieta. 

My AL picks are trashed...had Boston and Texas meeting in the ALCS and they both got swept. My National League teams are doing a little better. That Giants-Cubs game last night was epic.

Last night the Choking Dogs said they weren't starting Clayton Kershaw for Game 4 on short rest. Today they obviously had a change of heart, as now Kershaw will pitch against the Nats' Ross in Game 4. Guess they figured there can be no game 5 if they don't win game 4.

43 minutes ago, Strider said:

My AL picks are trashed...had Boston and Texas meeting in the ALCS and they both got swept. My National League teams are doing a little better. That Giants-Cubs game last night was epic.

Last night the Choking Dogs said they weren't starting Clayton Kershaw for Game 4 on short rest. Today they obviously had a change of heart, as now Kershaw will pitch against the Nats' Ross in Game 4. Guess they figured there can be no game 5 if they don't win game 4.

I see a lot of empty yellow seats (or are they benches) at Dodgers Stadium.  I would think that this NLDS game would be completely sold-out.  Am I missing something?  Are the Dodgers fans that disillusioned that they do not even bother to go to a Playoff game? 

4 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I see a lot of empty yellow seats (or are they benches) at Dodgers Stadium.  I would think that this NLDS game would be completely sold-out.  Am I missing something?  Are the Dodgers fans that disillusioned that they do not even bother to go to a Playoff game? 

Most people who watch a lot of baseball already know the Dodger Stadium drill. I guess you don't so allow me to explain.

The Dodger game started at 2 in the afternoon...on a work/school day. Many people who would have liked to go to the game probably couldn't get the day off.

Those who are going to the game will inevitably get stuck in traffic. Therefore, it takes a few innings before the fans get in to their seats.

When I went out to my truck today one of these was on the ground, an orange and black wooly bear caterpillar. I see it as an omen that the Giants will beat the Cubs and this same thing happened when SF won their last world series. B)

WOOLY BEAR.jpg

If the Chicago Cubs lose tonight (as they are) the Cubs deserve to lose this NLDS series.  Whoever says that the Chicago Cubs are a "team of destiny", are pretty much deluding themselves.  Even if the Cubs lose and then win on Thursday, I will say that they are not a team of destiny but a team that always chokes and loses when it really matters.  I could be wrong, however, History is NOT on their side. 

The Cubs did not lose and I am very happy for them as I do HATE THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS WITH A PASSION especially that ugly and cocky Mofo Hunter Pence.  I can't stand that dude.  I am glad that he will not be able to play another game in this 2016 Post-Season. 

I will be hoping that the Washington Nationals defeat the Los Angeles Dodgers on Thursday.  I will then still be rooting for the Nationals to defeat the Chicago Cubs.  Regardless of which teams wins the NLCS game, I hope to see the Cleveland Indians win the whole Thing. 

38 minutes ago, redrum said:

My wooly bear didn't help. All I can say is that that was a fuckin' boneheaded move to take Moore out. Typical of their whole second half of the season.

I agree. What the fuck was Bochy doing? The Giants bullpen has been a disaster down the stretch. Better to stick with Moore. What a nightmare of a ninth inning. The Giants bullpen was in tatters. I feel for you, redrum. Those kind of games are painful...worse than getting blown out.

The Cubs get to rest a little and set up their pitching rotation for the NLCS.

In the other series, even though the Dodgers won tonight, they have used up Kershaw while the Nats have Scherzer ready for game 5. The only games the Dodgers have won in this series are the games Kershaw pitched. He's done now and the Dodgers have nobody to counter Scherzer. He is a beast in these situations. You gotta like the Nats chances.

Whatever happened to the American League?

3 hours ago, kingzoso said:

The Cubs did not lose and I am very happy for them as I do HATE THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS WITH A PASSION especially that ugly and cocky Mofo Hunter Pence.  I can't stand that dude.  I am glad that he will not be able to play another game in this 2016 Post-Season. 

Just to annoy you.

HUNTER PENCE.jpg

2 hours ago, Strider said:

I agree. What the fuck was Bochy doing? The Giants bullpen has been a disaster down the stretch. Better to stick with Moore. What a nightmare of a ninth inning. The Giants bullpen was in tatters. I feel for you, redrum. Those kind of games are painful...worse than getting blown out.

Moore was hot with only 2 hits going into the ninth, then the wheels fell off.

L&H CAR.gif

Archived