2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

9 hours ago, Strider said:

I agree. What the fuck was Bochy doing? The Giants bullpen has been a disaster down the stretch. Better to stick with Moore. What a nightmare of a ninth inning. The Giants bullpen was in tatters. I feel for you, redrum. Those kind of games are painful...worse than getting blown out.

The Cubs get to rest a little and set up their pitching rotation for the NLCS.

In the other series, even though the Dodgers won tonight, they have used up Kershaw while the Nats have Scherzer ready for game 5. The only games the Dodgers have won in this series are the games Kershaw pitched. He's done now and the Dodgers have nobody to counter Scherzer. He is a beast in these situations. You gotta like the Nats chances.

Whatever happened to the American League?

Dont underestimate Rich Hill.  The Dodgers bullpen is still the best, but for the cubs having Chapman as a closer.  Great job he did last night putting the finishing tough's on SF.  These Cubs are tough.  As much as I would like the Dodgers to beat the Nats, I am for the Cubs to end this long 100 year drought.  It is good for baseball for them to win and win they shall.  Nobody in my opinion is going to stop them.  But Cleveland might put up a fight.  I will be shocked if Cleveland does not beat Toronto.  The Red Sox and Orioles were better than Toronto in my opinion.  I was shocked that the Red Sox were swept.  Cleveland has Kluber and he is the one guy that might give the Cubs trouble.  But these Cubs are on a mission.   I just do not see them getting beat and last night was proof of the fight they have in them.  As for Pence, leave the poor guy alone.  I have two of his bobbleheads from my trip to SF.  When I saw the Orioles win on that field.  

Oh, right - bobbleheads :)

I'm not sure I have an extra Chris Davis, but I'll look.  I know I have a few duplicate Os heads around though.  I'll let you know which ones, Rick.  Thanks for the offer!

1 hour ago, ebk said:

Oh, right - bobbleheads :)

I'm not sure I have an extra Chris Davis, but I'll look.  I know I have a few duplicate Os heads around though.  I'll let you know which ones, Rick.  Thanks for the offer!

Thanks ESther.  My wife would sure love to have Chris Davis bobblehead and a real Chris Davis to replace my sorry ass!!!  LOL.  :lol: So I have 2 Pence Bumbleheads on ice.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

I'm sorry...when I saw the name Pence, I first thought "Pence? The guy running for Vice President?". :blink::lol:

Then I remembered...hahaha. As Emily Litella would say: "Oh...nevermind."

One more for king...

eooWT7Kt.jpeg

Good one Sean!  And I did no think I could give his damn Bumblehead away.  Likely not.  How the fucker has even kept a spot on the roster is beyond me?  Come on now Esther!  I know you must have about a hundred of those hanging around?  Are you going to make me beg and throw in some wine?  I will be patient and wait until you respond.  My Bumbleheads are still in the box and in mint condition.   

21 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Good one Sean!  And I did no think I could give his damn Bumblehead away.  Likely not.  How the fucker has even kept a spot on the roster is beyond me?  Come on now Esther!  I know you must have about a hundred of those hanging around?  Are you going to make me beg and throw in some wine?  I will be patient and wait until you respond.  My Bumbleheads are still in the box and in mint condition.   

I see them on EBAY for $30 to $50.

48 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I have hundreds.  But my extras are scattered around the house.  It would entail me getting up off my fat ass and looking for them.  Be patient - I'll get to it :D 

5 hours ago, Strider said:

I'm sorry...when I saw the name Pence, I first thought "Pence? The guy running for Vice President?". :blink::lol:

Then I remembered...hahaha. As Emily Litella would say: "Oh...nevermind."

One more for king...

eooWT7Kt.jpeg

I thought the same thing.  I was wondering, "Why the Hell would someone have a bobblehead of him?". :lol: 

1 hour ago, ebk said:

I have hundreds.  But my extras are scattered around the house.  It would entail me getting up off my fat ass and looking for them.  Be patient - I'll get to it :D 

On the double Esther!!!!!  No, whenever and if you find one I will send you Pence!  (Ha)  i know  you juts cant wait for that mug!:dont:

Tonight another game 5, but in effect, one game for all the marbles to move on and face a Cubs team that has an entire pitching staff rested.  In fact their number 4 and 5 pitchers did not even get to pitch vs SF.  I would send their best pitcher that did not get to throw in game one rather than over use Arrieta or Lester.  No doubt.  The Dodgers and Nats do not have the firepower to stay with them.  The Dodgers, who I like and the Nationals who I do not like, are likely both toast vs the Cubs.   The Dodgers present a bigger problem IMO because of their very deep and good bullpen.  But that is about it.  And of course they have Kershaw but the Nats have Sherzer.   If the Nats win, and they have an edge on the mound tonight, not that Hill is not very good, but Sherzer is a monster,  they will be at a fast disadvntage as Sherzer cant go until game 3.  If the Dodgers win Kershaw can go by game two.   I think? Don't know the schedule yet.  The Cubs have the bats.  No doubt.  And the confidence that nobody is going to beat them.  It would be great for MLB for a Cubs win.  Kluber takes the mound for the Indians tonight and they may be the biggest obstacle for the Cubs.  The AL having home field now looks like a rip off.  The Cubs won over 100 games and no matter what you think of them, they deserve home field.  If it does come down to Cubs and Indians, two long starving fan bases, the Indians I do not think have won since the 1950's?  I know they lost in an upset to Florida and that was a rare appearance by them in recent history.  The pitchers ability to hit really is big for the Cubs.   I do want to see the Cubs get it done and for that reason I will hold back on my cheering for the Dodgers who I also like alot.  Maybe tonight I cheer for the Dodgers. 

7 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Over rated my ass.  This is one historic moment no matter.  The Cubs watching

I was wrong but I still think that he is overrated.  Believe it or not, now I want the Dodgers to win the National League Championship Series. 

I am still rooting for the Cleveland Indians to win it all. 

Archived