2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

I'm for the Cubs, but all this hoo-hah about them 'deserving to finally win' is just that, a buncha hooey. Do you think the Dodgers are thinking this? This is Major League Baseball, not welfare. Earn it, muthafuckas.

13 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I was wrong but I still think that he is overrated.  Believe it or not, now I want the Dodgers to win the National League Championship Series. 

I am still rooting for the Cleveland Indians to win it all. 

I just do not understand how you can not want the Cubs to win?  I mean, for Gods sake.  I want them to win.  My second choice would be the Dodgers.  I have nothing against the Indians and I hope they kill Toronto, the only team left that I hate.  And boy do I hate them.  And not because they won against my Orioles so much.  I hate Bautista, Anderson and Encarcion.  All three.  All assholes.  The bat thing with Machado Andersonmade such a big deal over.  Encarcion is a trouble maker and Bautista is the worst of the worst.  I loved it when the Texas Ranger player gave him a knuckle sandwich.  Joe Frazier could not have done it better. Go Injuns.  In the ALCS.  I think it will be a rip off if lets say its the Cubs and Jay Birds and the Wild Card team gets home field over a team that won over 100 games.  Even you have to see the travesty in this?  Don't you King?

OH>  In Vegas the Indians are heavy favorites in game one with Kluber on the mound.  BUT,  Toronto is favored to win the series!!!!!!  Figure that one out?  Are you kidding me?  Vs the team that swept the mighty Red Sox?  WOW.  No surprise on the other side.  Cubbies are favored and should be

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 11:45 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I just do not understand how you can not want the Cubs to win?  I mean, for Gods sake.  I want them to win.  

You have to know that, as a Saint Louis Cardinals fan, why I do not want them to win.  Same division and all.  I know that the Chicago Cubs dominated the National League Central this year, a division that has been previously dominated by the Cardinals for (basically) the past 15 years. 

Just like you do not want the Toronto Blue Jays to win the World Series. 

I do not "hate" the Chicago Cubs, I just do not want them to win this years World Series.  Not to be a dick, but for some odd reason, I actually find it very amusing that the Chicago Cubs have not won a World Series in over 108 years. 

For the first time in my life I am rooting for the Cleveland Indians to win the World Series. 

18 hours ago, kingzoso said:

You have to know that, as a Saint Louis Cardinals fan, why I do not want them to win.  Same division and all.  I know that the Chicago Cubs dominated the National League Central this year, a division that has been previously dominated by the Cardinals for (basically) the past 15 years. 

Just like you do not want the Toronto Blue Jays to win the World Series. 

I do not "hate" the Chicago Cubs, I just do not want them to win this years World Series.  Not to be a dick, but for some odd reason, I actually find it very amusing that the Chicago Cubs have not won a World Series in over 108 years. 

For the first time in my life I am rooting for the Cleveland Indians to win the World Series. 

The Indians are a huge surprise to me.  Their pitching, especially Kluber  has been great.  But I do not think they have enough to beat the Cubs.  To give them trouble, yes.

Is a Cubs/Indians World Series a foregone conclusion, or am I getting ahead of myself? Kershaw hasn't been stellar this postseason, and I don't know if he's at full rest coming off of that Nat series, so this may be a bullpen game for the Dodgers and I'm not sure if they can win that....

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Is a Cubs/Indians World Series a foregone conclusion, or am I getting ahead of myself? Kershaw hasn't been stellar this postseason, and I don't know if he's at full rest coming off of that Nat series, so this may be a bullpen game for the Dodgers and I'm not sure if they can win that....

I would call tonight Stellar Paul.  Another classic!  Come on Cubs!  One run!  9th inning as I type this!

10 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I've said this before, but after Clayton, who is in the Dodgers starting rotation that I trust. But with the series going back to Los Angeles, if the Cubs fall back 2 to 1, I will be able to hear the city of Chicago having a collective heart attack...

:D

I do not think the Cubs are in any trouble.  I did not expect a sweep with the likes of Kershaw.   But if you look at the lineups, the Cubs have too much IMO and will get it done

Well Rich Hill, the guy I wanted my Orioles to go after and we likely might have still been playing if we had, is no joke but he is not Arrieta.  I think Arrieta can dominate them.  I also know they do not lose a  bat in the line up with Arrieta as the Nationals found out the hard way.  It makes no difference that they are playing in LA.  None.  The depth of the Cubs will come out and when they get on top of the Dodgers, they will try to pour it on.  The one huge thing the Dodgers have is the best bullpen in baseball.  I believe my Orioles have the second best, but with the best closer.  WE however do not have a Kershaw.  Or a Hill.  Best of 7  now so that is to the Cubs advantage.  Of course it does mean they will see Kershaw again.  Likely in game 5.   They should be more used to what Kershaw is doing the next time they see him. Kershaw will not shut out this lineup again.  in the AL its do or die for Toronto tonight.  In Vegas the Jays are big favorites tonight.  Being at home the reason.  Not sure of the numbers between Stroman and Bauer?  Cleveland has not tasted defeat yet!!!  Incredible.

Bauer 12-9 4.26

Stroman  9-10   4.37

Did a little research.  So that is pretty much even.  IMO the AL East was a bit tougher than the Central this year.  KC layed down like dogs for a long stretch and Detroit was  on and off.   The Yankees and Tampa never quit.  Even though the 3 teams above them all made it to the post season.  It was a fight.  And my own team only finished 4 games back of Boston as did Toronto.  The big difference was buying a high priced starter like Price.  Over a 162 game stretch 4 games is not shit.  Next year I expect the East to be a war again, and the Central should be also.  I think the most improved team could be Oakland or the White Sox based on the way they both played down the stretch.   

If we do get a Cleveland and Chicago series by chance, it will be two of the coldest cities that could make it.  Toronto does not count as they are indoors.  So I hope it snows to prove that its just too late for baseball to be played in November when football is in full swing and hockey has started.

The Cleveland juggernaut continues. First the Cavs and now the Indians? At least the Browns still suck...maintaining order in the universe.

Rick, you say the Os had the second best bullpen with the best closer? You mean the closer that Buck left sitting in the bullpen when the chips were down? How did that work out for you?

I have said it before and I will say it again. Buck Showalter is a boob. He is the Marty Schottenheimer of baseball. He will get your team to the playoffs but lacks the know-how and guts to win in the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, Strider said:

The Cleveland juggernaut continues. First the Cavs and now the Indians? At least the Browns still suck...maintaining order in the universe.

Rick, you say the Os had the second best bullpen with the best closer? You mean the closer that Buck left sitting in the bullpen when the chips were down? How did that work out for you?

I have said it before and I will say it again. Buck Showalter is a boob. He is the Marty Schottenheimer of baseball. He will get your team to the playoffs but lacks the know-how and guts to win in the playoffs. 

I am not ready to put that label on him because I blame Angelos the owner for not getting us a pitcher.  The GM has done wonders with what he has to deal with  Getting Trumbo got us in.  We are very close  But we need an arm, dump that bumb Jiminez and make sure we sign Wieters.   We are very close.  The Indians magic will run out when they eventually face the mighty Cubs

These final four are all great and worthy teams.  I don't count any of them out, but I think a Cubs-Indians series is most likely.  I'm fairly neutral when it comes to these two teams, but I also empathize with Cubs fans who have waited so long.  I'm not very good at Sports predictions, but my gut tells me Cubs fans are going to continue to face the waiting game.

Archived