2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

I know that this NLCS is not over yet, but those who think that the Chicago Cubs are infallible or invincible may be in for a very rude awakening.  Even though I have talked to Jake Ariettas mother, I still want the Cubs to lose and lose big-time.  Of course I would never say that to her because she is a very nice lady. 

I am not a Sadist, but it gives Me extreme pleasure to know that the Chicago Cubs have not won a World Series in over 108 years.  I hope that this year will make it 109 years. 

Regardless, I will be rooting for the Cleveland Indians once they defeat the Toronto Blue Jays. 

I still like the Cubs to beat this Dodgers team that does not have much offense.  Their best power hitter had I think 24 HRs.  A joke compared to my own Orioles who had a much tougher road.   Its time for the Cubs to wake up and I am sure Madden will get that done.  I am not sure if the Blue Jays can make a real fight out of this?  Once back in Cleveland they will be out to finish them off but I do not like the pitching matchup in this coming game for Cleveland.  So good chance that the Jays extend it.  I hate the SOBs.  I hope Toronto loses for sure.  But i am for the Cubs to win it all.  Its good for baseball regardless of what King nutsy says

54 minutes ago, Strider said:

Indians move thru to the World Series. One way or another, one city this year is going to end their World Series drought.

Chicago, Chicago that toddling town
Chicago, Chicago I will show you around - I love it
Bet your bottom dollar you lose the blues in Chicago, Chicago
The town that Billy Sunday couldn't shut down

Cleveland is that, Cleveland is the, Cleveland is the reason I'm cool.
Cleveland is that, Cleveland is the, Cleveland is the reason I'm leanin'.
Cleveland is that, Cleveland is the, Cleveland is the reason I'm cool.
Cleveland is that, Cleveland is the, Cleveland is my my city."

Sorry, L.A. Randy Newman is off line. :D

4 hours ago, icantquityoubabe said:

No posts from that bitch ass Cards fan tonight? 

Really?  I was at work till 1am.  This shows how much (or better still) how little "class" you have.  I am one of the most easy going and nicest persons you would ever know, but I think that I will report you to the "higher ups" that moderate the Mighty and Awesome Forum for your inane and unprovoked name-calling.  How about that for a rebuttal?  Maybe that may make you a little less tempted to call someone you don't know or have never met such rude and ugly names. 

And yes, I hope that the Los Angeles Dodgers win and win in Chicago at Wrigley Field, directly and in front of all the Chicago Cubs fans.  You got a problem with my statement?  A statement that I might add, did not call you a "bitch ass" like you did me. 

Edited to add:  I know that you will read this but I don't know if you will have the "balls" to respond.  I hope you do because I would really like to read how you will try and justify yourself, and if you do not respond, just remember, a "no comment is more incriminating than a comment". 

PEACE!!!  (I still am going to report you to the Admins, however). 

Well, the rest vs. rust argument will probably come up again, as the Indians have to sit and wait for the Cubs and Dodgers to finish.

We've seen this before--the 2 times Detroit went and everyone remembers the 2007 Rockies having to sit around 8 or 9 days before meeting the Red Sox; so who knows if Cleveland can keep their momentum going...

22 hours ago, kingzoso said:

And yes, I hope that the Los Angeles Dodgers win and win in Chicago at Wrigley Field, directly and in front of all the Chicago Cubs fans.

Kind of doubt it, but it ain't over til it's over.

On 10/20/2016 at 5:56 AM, paul carruthers said:

Well, the rest vs. rust argument will probably come up again, as the Indians have to sit and wait for the Cubs and Dodgers to finish.

We've seen this before--the 2 times Detroit went and everyone remembers the 2007 Rockies having to sit around 8 or 9 days before meeting the Red Sox; so who knows if Cleveland can keep their momentum going...

Kluber will go in game one no doubt.  I think that the Cubs can get to Kershaw having seen him now the 3rd time in short interval

I know that this will piss off some but I really don't care and I really hope that the Los Angeles Dodgers defeat the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field in front of the very, very desperate Cubs fans.  If that does not happen, I have every confidence that the Cleveland Indians will do the job and make a mockery of the 2016 "team of destiny" that will not be the Chicago Cubs. 

Also, I said correctly that whoever icantquityoubabe is, that he never did reply to my post, 4 posts above. I was correct in my saying that he was inconsiderate and unprovoked for calling me a "bitch ass Cards fan".  I may be a "bitch ass" (although I am not), at least I say what I mean and I mean what I say.  I think that I really scared him by saying that I was going to report him to the Admins.  That was a ruse.  I am not that type of person to do such a thing, regardless of what rude, ignorant, inappropriate, etc... names I am called.  Those are just words, words that will never hurt Me (never hurt but there is so much abuse a person can withstand).  How about it icantquityoubabe?  Wanna test My threshold?  Again, I do not think that you have the "balls" to respond.  Prove Me wrong and say what you want to say and I will shut you down again (and again). I am very good in these situations. 

7 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I know that this will piss off some but I really don't care and I really hope that the Los Angeles Dodgers defeat the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field in front of the very, very desperate Cubs fans.  If that does not happen, I have every confidence that the Cleveland Indians will do the job and make a mockery of the 2016 "team of destiny" that will not be the Chicago Cubs. 

Also, I said correctly that whoever icantquityoubabe is, that he never did reply to my post, 4 posts above. I was correct in my saying that he was inconsiderate and unprovoked for calling me a "bitch ass Cards fan".  I may be a "bitch ass" (although I am not), at least I say what I mean and I mean what I say.  I think that I really scared him by saying that I was going to report him to the Admins.  That was a ruse.  I am not that type of person to do such a thing, regardless of what rude, ignorant, inappropriate, etc... names I am called.  Those are just words, words that will never hurt Me (never hurt but there is so much abuse a person can withstand).  How about it icantquityoubabe?  Wanna test My threshold?  Again, I do not think that you have the "balls" to respond.  Prove Me wrong and say what you want to say and I will shut you down again (and again). I am very good in these situations. 

THAT GUY, ICANTQUITYOUBABE,  is one stand up guy!  I know him very well.  Love the guy.  So his word is gold.  You are full of cow manure.  Your dumb ass crap about the Cubs not winning. They will have some trouble with the Indians good pithing, but they will prevail as Jake Arrieta, made in Baltimore, will not only be touogh, but he can swing the lumber.  They certainly came through after being down 2-1.  I do not think Kershaw can stop this machine again.  Cubs win.  Cubs win.  Cubs win.  Ahhhhhhhhhh   CUBS WIN!!!

11 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Nostradamus is among us.

35 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, the curse hasn't been lifted yet--at any rate, this should be a great World Series. Two fanbases starving for a championship--not sure who to root for, or if it would be considered a faliure by the Cubs fanbase if they don't win the title....

...it would be.  That was one of the things that I talked to with Jake Arrieta's mom.  She said something along the lines of "even if the Cubs make it to the World Series but end up losing, the Chicago Cubs fans are gonna feel disappointment all over again" (again not a direct quote but very similar). 

Edited to add:  My congratulations to the Chicago Cubs. 

Terry Francona vs. Theo Epstein.

The two men at the helm of breaking the Boston Red Sox World Series drought now find themselves on opposing sides with the chance to break another city's long championship drought...Terry Francona in Cleveland and Theo Epstein in Chicago.

No matter what happens, one team is going to end their fan base's suffering. 

Of course, the stench of Bud Selig lingers...Chicago, winner of over 100 games doesn't get home field advantage because of the stupid All-Star game nonsense.

Being a National Leaguer, I will cheer for Chicago in this World Series. But as a fan of "Major League" (and my godson's favourite baseball movie), a Cleveland win would make me happy, too.

Play ball!

I think the fact that the Cubs are in the Series for the first time since 1945 will mitigate devastation if they lose.  The fans will be disappointed, but I don't think they'll feel like the season was a failure. 

As for the whole Selig-AllStar Game thing... I hate Bud Selig as much as the next right-minded person.  But before the winner got home field in the WS, home field alternated every year, no matter what the teams records were.  So the Cubs still might not have had home field.

26 minutes ago, ebk said:

I think the fact that the Cubs are in the Series for the first time since 1945 will mitigate devastation if they lose.  The fans will be disappointed, but I don't think they'll feel like the season was a failure. 

As for the whole Selig-AllStar Game thing... I hate Bud Selig as much as the next right-minded person.  But before the winner got home field in the WS, home field alternated every year, no matter what the teams records were.  So the Cubs still might not have had home field.

Damn ebk, why you gotta be all rational and shit? :P

Archived