2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

10 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I am kinda confused by your post but from what I gather, watching the World Series is free to watch.  It should be on your local Fox chanel.  Here in Dallas it is on chanel 4.  

We have Dish and they don't show it. Ya' gotta pay.

6 hours ago, redrum said:

We have Dish and they don't show it. Ya' gotta pay.

Really?  You don't get any regular networks?  I understand that the actual "local" channels aren't always carried on satellite systems, but I thought there was always a representative channel with each broadcast network on it.  

I guess cable ain't so bad...

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Easy.  Switch your provider.  You get what you pay for with Dish.  There are many other options.

I agree with you completely.  I don't have Dish, I have ATT Direct TV and a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active phone.  I can watch the World Series on my phone.  I just find it hard to believe that redrum has a tv service provider but can not even watch the World Series, especially for whatever amount he pays for this service on a monthly and yearly basis. 

I am not disparaging you redrum (at all), it just seems like a weird concept that you (or anyone) has to "pay" to watch the World Series, even if is the Cleveland Indians and the Chicago Cubs. 

19 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I agree with you completely.  I don't have Dish, I have ATT Direct TV and a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active phone.  I can watch the World Series on my phone.  I just find it hard to believe that redrum has a tv service provider but can not even watch the World Series, especially for whatever amount he pays for this service on a monthly and yearly basis. 

I am not disparaging you redrum (at all), it just seems like a weird concept that you (or anyone) has to "pay" to watch the World Series, even if is the Cleveland Indians and the Chicago Cubs. 

I have Direct TV also.  I can watch Direct TV on my I Phone and my provider for that is Verizon.  I have Time Warner for Internet.  So I have 3 providers now.  I get the MLB station through Direct TV so I an get the feed on cell phone through either MLB channel or Direct TV.  I do not watch on the cell phone very often. Only if I have to be out.  My wife has the Samsung Galaxy.  I just downloaded this Siri on my Laptop which is Apple and I have the Cloud configured.  Crazy shit as everything is linked.  

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Great game, that old adage about pitching and defense in October comes through again--this time the Indians get the edge. Kluber going tomorrow--it might be the Tribe's year...

I think and hope so too.  I just hope that Rick will not read this because of the long diatribe (get it, tribe) that will follow saying that this Chicago Cubs team is/are a "team of destiny".  (I mean this in good faith and nature, Rick). 

Edited to add:  When you do respond to mine and Paul's thinking that the Cleveland Indians may win the 2016 World Series, please try and keep your rant "civil".  After all, it is just a game. 

36 minutes ago, Amstel said:

Go Indians go...

go Indians go...

hey Cleveland what do you say the Indians are gonna win today...

*white sox fan here!!!

Very nice. 

This statement is for Rick.  As you can see, even people who live in or are from Chicago do not want to see the Cubs win.  Amstel just gave you proof. 

57 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

Very nice. 

This statement is for Rick.  As you can see, even people who live in or are from Chicago do not want to see the Cubs win.  Amstel just gave you proof. 

Lol, and I really hate that damn song that is sung after every Cub home game! 

Try rationalizing with a Cub fan and it is as bad as trying to do the same with a Bear fan.  Yes, I was born, raised and live in Chicago, but there is two things i loathe outside of Illinois politics - the Cubs and the McCaskey owned Bears!

Cleveland rocks, Cleveland rocks, Cleveland rocks, Cle-ev-land rocks!!!

Pitching and clutch timely hitting wins most of the time.  I'm a White Sox fan and I'd take Bryant, Schwarber, Rizzo, Baez, Contreras, Zobrist, Fowler and Russell any day!

7 hours ago, redrum said:

GO CUBS!!

I'm thinking it will go 7 games.

Well this now ensures the Cubs cannot win at home.  I am very surprised the Indians are going back with Kluber so soon?  Is this not short rest?  It game 4.  I think Francona is going for the knockout punch very early.  I am not sure this will work.  If he wins, Francona looks smart as usual.  If the Cubs win tonight, I think it puts Cleveland in a "I wish i had saved him" mode

14 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well this now ensures the Cubs cannot win at home.  I am very surprised the Indians are going back with Kluber so soon?  Is this not short rest?  It game 4.  I think Francona is going for the knockout punch very early.  I am not sure this will work.  If he wins, Francona looks smart as usual.  If the Cubs win tonight, I think it puts Cleveland in a "I wish i had saved him" mode

He said from the start of the series Kluber was going to pitch games 1,4,7.  Cubs are in a must win situation tonight. 

26 minutes ago, Walter said:

He said from the start of the series Kluber was going to pitch games 1,4,7.  Cubs are in a must win situation tonight. 

I understand the rules were well established, but the All Star game rule is not proven to be flawed.  The Cubs deserved home field if ever a team did.  You look at the other major sports.  NBA I believe Golden St had home court, even though they did not win last year.  I am pretty sure it was done in hockey also?  The Cubs won over a hundred games.  I am not saying that is why they are down 2-1.  But it could certainly be the other way if they had home field as they deserved to.  And before I have to hear another word about the damn Cardinals, lets not forget about Mar McGuire and that certainly puts a Black Sox type spin on their success when he was hitting all those HRs.  No such disgrace has been the headline on my team's playoff.  Only one that was stolen from us because they let some punk kid interfere with a ball in play.  He hurt us like the Cubs were hurt in that famous San Diego series.  So if you want to keep talking Cardinals, lets talk about Mark McGuire!!!

8 minutes ago, ebk said:

Forget it - he's on a roll...

Like butter! :D 

Nice to see you around!  Hope things are going well with you and yours!  Planning a spring training trip again this spring?  Hope so!

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Like butter! :D 

Nice to see you around!  Hope things are going well with you and yours!  Planning a spring training trip again this spring?  Hope so!

Things are fine, thanks.  Definitely planning on a trip south in March.  We'll let you know!  Hope the house, and everything else, is going well.

And on topic - go Cubs! :) 

Archived