2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Who's excited for Game 7?

Tonight we find out if Kluber really is this year's Bumgarner. Either way, one long-suffering fan-base is going to end their World Series drought. Play ball!

Me!  

Let's go Cubs!  Although I won't be too upset the other way...

32 minutes ago, ebk said:

:thumbdown:

;) 

:P

12 minutes ago, Walter said:

You can just feel Cleveland is going to win this

I don't know...I have a feeling Schwarber is due to jack one out of the park.

And now with this rain delay, who knows how this will play with each team's psyche and momentum?

1 hour ago, Walter said:

That rain delay changed all of the momentum.  Just finished watching it on tape.  Wonderful win for the Cubs!

Congrats Cubs Nation!  ?????

Agree.  That rain delay was a blessing for the Cubs.  The time out they needed to regroup.  So happy for the Cubs!  Wow, what a series.  What a game!  What an epic 10th inning!!  I woke up this morning feeling totally drained, haha.

Go Cubs, World Series Champions!!!!

:thumbsup:

11 hours ago, porgie66 said:

What a fucking game! I need a main line of Xanax and three days of sleep after that. 108 years in coming!

Agree!  Chapman is feeling better than anyone  He has dodged a bullet.  Weeks of media pounding and second guessing.  Actually, perhaps Madden is the true lucky one.   That tynig HR was a single at Fenway as we know.  Unreal.  Great night for baseball and Chicago!!! Oh, and even a couple of famous Cubs fans.  Bill Murray and Hillary

Morning-after thoughts...

1. The rain delay was a blessing for the Cubs. Chicago was having a team-wide panic attack. Javier Baez was turning into Chuck Knoblauch. Even the zen-like Joe Maddon looked like he was going to have a heart attack. The delay allowed the Cubs to take a deep breath, gather their thoughts and emotions and regroup. Cleveland's shitty weather shit on the Indians.

2. The Cubs won despite or in spite of their super-genius manager Joe Maddon. Seriously, his pitching changes nearly cost him the series.

Which brings me to this...MLB needs to change how the winning pitcher is determined. How the hell does Aroldis Chapman deserve to be the WP of Game 7?!? How? HE was the one responsible for the lead evaporating and the game going into extra innings. He was one more timely hit by the Indians away from being the loser and the goat of the series. If anyone deserved the WP tag it was Lester.

3. Cubs GM Theo Epstein has now ended the two longest World Series droughts in baseball this century...the Boston Red Sox (87 years) and Chicago Cubs (108 years). For the rest of his life, he will never have to pay for a drink or a meal in Boston and Chicago ever again. Hey Theo, PLEASE come to the Angels!

4. The 21st Century has now seen at least 5 teams end decades-long World Series droughts...Anaheim Angels in 2002, Boston Red Sox in 2004, Chicago White Sox in 2005, San Francisco Giants in 2010, Kansas City Royals in 2015, and now the longest drought of all, Chicago Cubs in 2016. Which long-suffering team will be next? Cleveland Indians? Texas Rangers? Seattle Mariners? Pittsburgh Pirates? Los Angeles Dodgers? Baltimore Orioles?

42 minutes ago, Charles J. White said:

Congrats Cubs fans, maybe now we can watch a Cubs game without the camera ALWAYS zooming in on Vince Vaughn, Bill Murray, John Cusack and Eddie Vedder

Didn't that only happen during the World Series?  

That's kind of a common occurrence, btw, for a rare appearance of a high profile team.  What until my Yanks are back in it next year.

Maybe not the "greatest World Series"--I think anyone saying that may be getting a little carried away, but it is the greatest story; the Cubs finally beating the so-called curse.

Maddon may have been roasted for some of his moves had the Cubs lost--but as they say--all's well that ends well.

I'm not sure if I'm right about this, but apparently this was one of the highest rated Series ever--if not the highest. I think the Cubs would have been a huge draw no matter who they played, but the Indians were a great story as well...

Archived