2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

Well no trash from the King this AM.  The Orioles are now 7-0 and maybe some are starting to believe?  CBS is believing.  After the 6th win they went form projecting us last to 2nd and  a 52% chance the playoffs.  I think now that has risen after we demolished the favorites up there in Bean town.  Turbo did the damage this time.  A sweet swing and we now have like 14 HRs and there is talk that the O's could break the home run records for a season.  Understand that the Cubs are going to give your Cardinals pure hell King.  And Pittsburgh is no joke either.  Here is to 8-0!!!  I hope.  

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

9 runs in in the 7th for my Orioles!!!  Two HRs in same inning for Trumbo who has 5 now.   Beast mode.   God Birds

The Orioles are on a good beginning run.  The Cardinals started off losing their first three games but seemed to have bounced back.  In last nights game the Cardinals hit a total of six home runs in that game.  In the last 6 or so games the Saint Louis Cardinals have scored a combined 66 runs.  That equates to 11 runs a game.  If you want to talk about "beast mode" the Cardinals (as a whole team) are currently in that mode. 

Edited to add:  I don't care how good or how bad the Chicago Cubs are this year or in years past.  I am a fan of American history and that includes the fact that the favored Cubbies have not won a World Series in 108 years and the Saint Louis Cardinals won a World Series against the Texas Rangers a mere 5 years ago. 

When, and what year did the Baltimore Orioles last win a World Series championship and who did they defeat?  When was the last time Orioles won a Championship in the new "millennium" (meaning since the year 2000?)

Please comment and affirm your answer.  I know the answer, I am waiting to see if you know the answer and are Man enough to give the correct answer since the answer is more than 33 years ago.

7 hours ago, kingzoso said:

The Orioles are on a good beginning run.  The Cardinals started off losing their first three games but seemed to have bounced back.  In last nights game the Cardinals hit a total of six home runs in that game.  In the last 6 or so games the Saint Louis Cardinals have scored a combined 66 runs.  That equates to 11 runs a game.  If you want to talk about "beast mode" the Cardinals (as a whole team) are currently in that mode. 

Edited to add:  I don't care how good or how bad the Chicago Cubs are this year or in years past.  I am a fan of American history and that includes the fact that the favored Cubbies have not won a World Series in 108 years and the Saint Louis Cardinals won a World Series against the Texas Rangers a mere 5 years ago. 

When, and what year did the Baltimore Orioles last win a World Series championship and who did they defeat?  When was the last time Orioles won a Championship in the new "millennium" (meaning since the year 2000?)

Please comment and affirm your answer.  I know the answer, I am waiting to see if you know the answer and are Man enough to give the correct answer since the answer is more than 33 years ago.

You know it was Cal Ripken's rookie season in 83.  So what?   Lets talk about right now for once.  If you want to keep talking history the Yankees are going to beat you and your glory boys every time.  So look at the now and that is all that most people care about.  I am almost hoping the Orioles and Cards play in the Series. But i am sticking with my pick.  Orioles and Cubs.  Yes we have  pitching issues but Buck will sort that out.  Our bullpen is solid so we can get 5 good innings from most of the staff and go to our bullpen.  Its a formula that works in this day and age.  Sure I wish we had Palmer and McNally.  Ever heard of those guys?  Mr History?

9 hours ago, ebk said:

Ugh.  O's totally collapse late in the game.  I hope this isn't a regular occurrence.  They're supposed to collapse earlier in the games...

Buck is showing too much faith in McFarland.  So better he learns now and not later.  O'Day is solid as hell.  But McFarland makes me hold my breath.  I am interested to see how Bundy does as time goes on.  Our power is just crazy.  We will lead the bigs in HRs.   Bank on that.  Worry not Esther.  We will be fine.

If there is one game I would love to go to live it would be the Oriole at SF on Aug 11-14.   A rare visit.  I cannot remember them playing there and I am sure when they did we sucked.  Now we have  a team.   Davis could put a few in McCovey Cove.  I would love to see the Dodger too     Cubs and Dodgers are my favorite NL teams

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Cubs and Dodgers are my favorite NL teams

Later today, the Chicago Cubs come to Busch Stadium to play the Saint Louis Cardinals.  The Cubs are currently in first place in the NL Central, while the Cardinals are in second place and 2.5 games behind the Cubs.  Since it too early in the baseball season to predict anything, I will say that if the Cardinals win or sweep the Cubs or vice versa, it does not and will not make any difference. 

50 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

Later today, the Chicago Cubs come to Busch Stadium to play the Saint Louis Cardinals.  The Cubs are currently in first place in the NL Central, while the Cardinals are in second place and 2.5 games behind the Cubs.  Since it too early in the baseball season to predict anything, I will say that if the Cardinals win or sweep the Cubs or vice versa, it does not and will not make any difference. 

Sounds like the NL West.

12 hours ago, kingzoso said:

You are going to spin it your way regardless!!!  I am so sick of reading your propaganda.  If the Cubs win its going to be no big deal.  If the Cardinals win we are supposed to all bow down and trembles in fear.  Well that is not the case.   I say the Cubs will give you holy hell this year.  And the Dodgers and Nats and maybe even the Mets too.  Do not overlook the pesky Pirates either King.

15 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Maybe, but the Saint Louis Cardinal have dominated the NL Central for the past 5 years in a row. 

Really?  I hadn't heard...

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Score alert!!!    Chicago Cubs 5      St Louis Cardinals  0   

Yeah, I know.  I was keeping track of the game on my phone.  Like I said before, I am not concerned if the Cardinals lose all three games of this first series.  There is still 149 games left to play. 

8 hours ago, ebk said:

Really?  I hadn't heard...

That's cool.  But before you mock me, please answer this:  when was the last time the Baltimore Orioles dominated the AL East or the Washington Nationals dominated the NL East for 5 consecutive years in a row, this century?  Remember I am stating pure facts and not just my opinion.  Facts don't lie. 

I am just an honest and loyal fan of the Saint Louis Cardinals.  Just as you are to the teams that you like.  It just happens to be that my team has been consistently better than your two teams combined and now I am going back 16 years and not just the past 5.  You can hate me for that and I really don't care because you don't know me in the least.  You (and the others) can post what you want.  In real actuality, I am one of the nicest persons that you (and them) could ever meet, and good-looking too. 

King!  Keep your posts shorter!  I am not going to read these long winded propaganda filled rants!   How the hell can we be underdogs at home where we are 5-0 vs Toronto?  I know the kid is pitching but they should look at the power we have at the plate,. Kick ass O's!

Archived