2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

4 hours ago, Walter said:

Really?  I thought the World Series runs up through April anymore... ;) 

Hehehehe..... 

I always say, you can discount the games in April (and overall, I do), but when your team misses the playoffs by 1 game, you can look back on those games in April and wish you'd one a couple more.  Or something like that...

On 4/20/2016 at 0:58 AM, kingzoso said:

Okay.  So the Cardinals lost again to the Cubs.  Does it matter at this early point in the season?  No.  A lot of good teams lost yesterday.  Does that mean these teams are already "doomed"? 

Effin Giants. A little early to June Swoon, ey? <_<

Congratulations to Jake Arietta of the Chicago Cubs for pitching his second No-Hitter of his career.  I now realize that the Chicago Cubs are a serious team to consider. 

However, I am a Saint Louis Cardinals loyalist for life and the one thing that Cardinals fans have come to expect is that no one should ever discount or count out the Saint Louis Cardinals, ever.

To those that think or say that this is Saint Louis Cardinals propaganda, on My part, is missing the overall point, and that point is that the Cardinals will always be a Team to Fear and Respect. 

There are hundreds of  current baseball players who will say the same thing.

On April 20, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Walter said:

You probably will, but I wouldn't bet on it!  

I know its April but go see the current standings and your pathetic Sabathia is going today.  He sucks.   But the Yankees I do not hate this year like usual.  That means they do not really worry me as much as Toronto and I can't stand their manager or Anderson.  At least i like and respect Girardi

6 hours ago, redrum said:

Can you imagine an all Chicago World Series? I think it'd be refreshing. ^_^

Refreshing?  I know what the word and definition is, but what do you mean by that?  Refreshing for who and why?  How would it be refreshing for all the other fans of baseball that live in dozens of other cities besides Chicago? 

I am a Saint Louis Cardinals fan and I don't even live in Saint Louis.  There are many other baseball fans who post on this topic who are fans of teams in cities that they do not live in. 

I don't know what team you like and root for, but would it be "refreshing" for you to want an all Chicago World Series?  Unless, I suppose you are a Chicago native and are a fan of duality. 

On April 22, 2016 at 4:34 AM, kingzoso said:

Congratulations to Jake Arietta of the Chicago Cubs for pitching his second No-Hitter of his career.  I now realize that the Chicago Cubs are a serious team to consider. 

However, I am a Saint Louis Cardinals loyalist for life and the one thing that Cardinals fans have come to expect is that no one should ever discount or count out the Saint Louis Cardinals, ever.

To those that think or say that this is Saint Louis Cardinals propaganda, on My part, is missing the overall point, and that point is that the Cardinals will always be a Team to Fear and Respect. 

There are hundreds of  current baseball players who will say the same thing.

Not sure if St Louis is your city but I am totally cheering for the Blues in hockey.  My second favorite team.  Go Blues

The Cubs are as good as advertised.  As for my O's though they are in first, they continue to experiment with their starting pitching.  Wright was a four if not a five starter in the lineup.  Now its on to Tampa to face a pretty hot Tampa team that beat up the Yankees.  Gaussian will make his first start and he simply must come through for us.  Worley has been a pleasant surprise but for some reason missed a start?  Maybe an injury?  We  are still in first but to stay there our big bats must keep hitting and our pitching must come through.  We have it on paper IMO.  The East is not as scary as it once was.

7 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Refreshing?  I know what the word and definition is, but what do you mean by that?  Refreshing for who and why?  How would it be refreshing for all the other fans of baseball that live in dozens of other cities besides Chicago? 

I am a Saint Louis Cardinals fan and I don't even live in Saint Louis.  There are many other baseball fans who post on this topic who are fans of teams in cities that they do not live in. 

I don't know what team you like and root for, but would it be "refreshing" for you to want an all Chicago World Series?  Unless, I suppose you are a Chicago native and are a fan of duality. 

Good grief. Lighten up, man. I think everyone with a working vocabulary understood what redrum meant by "refreshing"...and he is right. It would be refreshing.

Plus, anyone who has been following this thread and still doesn't know what team redrum roots for has not been paying attention. redrum is a Giants fan thru and thru.

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Not sure if St Louis is your city but I am totally cheering for the Blues in hockey.  My second favorite team.  Go Blues

Hahaha! "Not sure" Rick? Surely you jest? Every morning it's the St. Louis Cardinals report from kingzoso. As he has said many times, he is a Cardinals fan who now lives in Plano, Texas.

How is this for Saint Louis Cardinals propaganda:  the Cardinals got hammered in the bottom of the 6th inning with 9 runs scored by the Arizona Diamondbacks.  A true propagandist would not admit such things, instead would do their best to spin the bad into some sort of positive.  I am not doing that right now.  Maybe in the future I might. 

(I am no Joseph Goebbels, I am not a Minister of Propaganda of Anything). 

At least I do not so scrutinize Saint Louis Cardinals games pitch by pitch.  There are some here on this baseball topic that argue balls and strikes.  I have and never will do such.  If a Cardinal player strikes out, I will not go so far as say the pitch he got struck out on was a ball but the umpire called it a strike.  I am not that petty and low to make such inane comments. 

Or maybe I have.  I don't know or remember.  Since I know that I am not well liked on this topic, because of my Love for the Saint Louis Cardinals and Their winning ways, I know that someone will probably dredge up something I have posted in the past to try their best to prove me wrong.  I hope so because I welcome the task of someone on here to actually take the time to do so.  A real waste of whoevers time it will be to do so.  That should say something to whoever is the first to dispel me.  I look forward to reading who that person is. 

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Good grief. Lighten up, man. I think everyone with a working vocabulary understood what redrum meant by "refreshing"...and he is right. It would be refreshing.

Plus, anyone who has been following this thread and still doesn't know what team redrum roots for has not been paying attention. redrum is a Giants fan thru and thru.

Thanks, Strider. You know what I meant. Some different teams in the World Series would be great and an all Chicago series would really be wild.

GO GIANTS!! :)

Mets offensive woes continuing tonight--I saw a stat flashed during the broadcast that the Metsie's are dead last in the NL as far as batting average w/ runners in scoring position. As good as our rotation is, you still have to have some production out of the lineup. 

And the Nats don't appear to be cooling down anytime soon, although I see they are tied with the Phillies right now--two teams I don't like, but tonight I'm a Philly fan...

If I am correct, the Baltimore Orioles started out this season winning 7 games in a row.  7-0.

If I am correct, the Saint Louis Cardinals started out this season losing 3 games in a row.  0-3.

If I am correct, the Baltimore Orioles current record stands at 11-8.  (.579%).

If I am correct, the Saint Louis Cardinals current record stands at 11-9.  (550%).

If I am correct, that means the Orioles have won 4 games and lost 8.

If I am correct, that means the Cardinals have won 11 and lost 6.

If I am correct, that means I could also be wrong. 

If I am correct, funny, this game called baseball is. 

Edited to add:  If I am correct, Rick, the Baltimore Orioles Propagandist, will not reply to this post.  Just because of the reasons the Orioles have been relegated to the just "mediocre" Baseball status of a team.  Just because a team wins 7 straight games, that does not make a team guaranteed to win the Division or the World Series.  The same can be said of the Cardinals, but the Cardinals have been a team to actually win and win Divisions and World Series Contests. 

On April 27, 2016 at 1:12 AM, kingzoso said:

If I am correct, the Baltimore Orioles started out this season winning 7 games in a row.  7-0.

If I am correct, the Saint Louis Cardinals started out this season losing 3 games in a row.  0-3.

If I am correct, the Baltimore Orioles current record stands at 11-8.  (.579%).

If I am correct, the Saint Louis Cardinals current record stands at 11-9.  (550%).

If I am correct, that means the Orioles have won 4 games and lost 8.

If I am correct, that means the Cardinals have won 11 and lost 6.

If I am correct, that means I could also be wrong. 

If I am correct, funny, this game called baseball is. 

Edited to add:  If I am correct, Rick, the Baltimore Orioles Propagandist, will not reply to this post.  Just because of the reasons the Orioles have been relegated to the just "mediocre" Baseball status of a team.  Just because a team wins 7 straight games, that does not make a team guaranteed to win the Division or the World Series.  The same can be said of the Cardinals, but the Cardinals have been a team to actually win and win Divisions and World Series Contests. 

No they are 12-8.  Coming home to play the surprising White Sox who along with their cross town Cubbies have the best two records in baseball.  Not sure if the White Sox can keep this up.  I am pretty sure the Cubs can.  Baltimore had a stretch of being cold at the plate.  Now they come home where  they have only lost once.  I expect them to make a move starting tonight. 

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, I would like to thank the Phillies for taking a little chunk out of the Nats--tomorrow, the G-Men come to Citi Field. Got to take care of business....

SF needs a hot streak. :)

5 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, I would like to thank the Phillies for taking a little chunk out of the Nats--tomorrow, the G-Men come to Citi Field. Got to take care of business....

...and the Nationals come to Busch Stadium in Saint Louis.  I hope that the Cardinals can help alleviate some of your discomfort by beating the Nationals and taking at least 2 out of 3 games in the series. 

Archived