A Lousy Sunday

redrum

And not just for 49er football. My computer was stolen from McDonald's. He was one, fast sneaky bastard, but they got him on camera and someone who works there knows who it is. So we'll see if they can nail the punk. He was quick like a fox. I'm using my old Vista with minimal memory in the meantime. If worse comes to worse I'll just have to buy a new one. A police report was filed and they said this guy also ripped off the supermarket a few days ago and got away then too. The cop I filed the report with says they will get him. I hope so because I want to prosecute. Keepin' my fingers crossed. 

Thanks, Kiwi. I had the original box still and photocopied all the numbers off it, plus I had one payment receipt and gave all that to the police. I also told them that when the computer comes on there's a pic of a beach scene taken from a cave. We'll see what happens.

Red, I hope they nail this guy's balls to the wall...and let you wield the hammer! In the meantime, maybe Santa Claus will hear your plea and surprise you with a gift.

My sentiments exactly.

Dear Santa...........:)

Ditto.  What a piece of sh!t!  Did you leave your table just long enough for him to grab and run?  Sorry this happened to you redrum!

That's exactly what happened. I went to the bathroom and when I came out he was about 10 feet ahead of me. If I had glanced down at the table and saw it was gone I would have had him, but coulda, shoulda, woulda. <_<

^ This. Sometimes things happen so fast that it freezes people. Or if they can do something, they hesitate for fear of being hurt in the process. But I hope they catch this bastard thief and you get your computer back. It's such a violation, and so close to Christmas, too. Rotten luck, but may karma get you both back :D 

Great news, redrum!  We had a local burglary that was captured on the homeowner's surveillance camera.  The video was posted all over Facebook and was helpful in catching the thieves.  One good use of social media.  Hope they catch him soon and return your laptop unharmed.

Great news, redrum!  We had a local burglary that was captured on the homeowner's surveillance camera.  The video was posted all over Facebook and was helpful in catching the thieves.  One good use of social media.  Hope they catch him soon and return your laptop unharmed.

Thanks Ddladner. That gives me hope. Also, the fact that they know his name.

We had one of these for a small police dept I work with...and it was also at a McDonald's, same situation someone got up for a minute, turned around and laptop was gone!!  We were pretty amazed how much video McD's had...several camera angles inside, and images of the car as it went through the parking lot (gave us the plate number we needed).  We knew him as well, a piece of caca and we did get him.  Hang in there, sometimes it takes a little while, even this guy had left town and it took us a couple weeks to find him and have the neighboring state pick him up and send him to us!

Let us know how it turns out.  Did you have it insured maybe, like renter's or homeowners sometimes covers these things.

We had one of these for a small police dept I work with...and it was also at a McDonald's, same situation someone got up for a minute, turned around and laptop was gone!!  We were pretty amazed how much video McD's had...several camera angles inside, and images of the car as it went through the parking lot (gave us the plate number we needed).  We knew him as well, a piece of caca and we did get him.  Hang in there, sometimes it takes a little while, even this guy had left town and it took us a couple weeks to find him and have the neighboring state pick him up and send him to us!

Let us know how it turns out.  Did you have it insured maybe, like renter's or homeowners sometimes covers these things.

Thanks for that. It wasn't insured, but I've already ordered a new one. I've been trying a couple of old ones we have and man, what clunkers with freeze ups and pop-ups galore. Time to send them to the great recycler in the sky. ^_^

Got my new computer today, so it's just a matter of getting all my bookmarks listed and the usual routine of getting back on the road.

Still no word on the thief, but I'm pretty sure they will nail him. As Mr. Potter told George Bailey in 'It's A Wonderful Life'........'Happy New Year to you too.......In JAIL!!!'

^_^

Good news guys. A Great Tuesday. :)

They caught the guy today and got my computer back. I was out of town and get to pick it up tomorrow.

I just wanted to thank you all for the support and I'm still amazed that they even got it back. ^_^

They caught the guy today and got my computer back. I was out of town and get to pick it up tomorrow.

I just wanted to thank you all for the support and I'm still amazed that they even got it back. ^_^

AWESOME NEWS!  Glad for you, Red!  

Allright!

Archived