Your Christmas Food Day

chillumpuffer

Amen to that! :yesnod: 

The dip and dessert table.

image.thumb.jpeg.65262938e1faffe590da4a4

Made Sath's cranberry sauce. My first time, and I had as much fun making it as eating it.  Will definitely become a tradition, along with oyster dressing, which was also a first for me.

image.thumb.jpeg.1362fb750150f602a20dbfb

image.thumb.jpeg.56051da7cbf122b26fe31e4

Hey, glad you liked it Debbie! First time I've popped into this thread.

We didn't cook much, too hot to have the oven running all day and eat all that rich food! We had Vidalia Onion Pie and a tray of Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets. :D

That is such a pretty Christmas table set-up, Debbie! :thumbsup: You should include this, as the photo for your Christmas cards!! So beautiful! :wub: 

That looks really yummy, Kiwi! I'd love to try it all!!  And thanks for the kind words!  My mom hosted Christmas Day until she passed last year, and now it's my turn.  I have very large shoes to fill but luckily, I learned from the best! Her spreads were always as beautiful as they were tasty! :) 

ps-Please excuse the quote issues, they are tricky!

Hey, glad you liked it Debbie! First time I've popped into this thread.

We didn't cook much, too hot to have the oven running all day and eat all that rich food! We had Vidalia Onion Pie and a tray of Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets. :D

Thank you for sharing your recipe, Sath!  And I can't wait to try Strider's as well!  Don't think I can wait for Thanksgiving, though. ;) 

You are so right about the heat, good grief!!  I was stubborn about wanting to be in the Christmas spirit, so we just cranked up the A/C and went with it. 

Thank you for sharing your recipe, Sath!  And I can't wait to try Strider's as well!  Don't think I can wait for Thanksgiving, though. ;) 

You are so right about the heat, good grief!!  I was stubborn about wanting to be in the Christmas spirit, so we just cranked up the A/C and went with it. 

I know, right? Our AC actually froze up, we had to use fans.:veryhot: :fan:

That looks really yummy, Kiwi! I'd love to try it all!!  And thanks for the kind words!  My mom hosted Christmas Day until she passed last year, and now it's my turn.  I have very large shoes to fill but luckily, I learned from the best! Her spreads were always as beautiful as they were tasty! :) 

ps-Please excuse the quote issues, they are tricky!

Thanks Debbie! :D It is all my lovely mom's hard work and creativity! I learnt a lot from her these holidays, when it came to cooking. You are welcome at my home, at anytime, to try out these dishes! :friends: I can also share the recipes, if you like! :) Your mom must have been such a wiz in the kitchen with a lovely artistic touch! She has taught you well, Debbie and I bet my last dollar that she will be proud of you! 

Thanks Debbie! :D It is all my lovely mom's hard work and creativity! I learnt a lot from her these holidays, when it came to cooking. You are welcome at my home, at anytime, to try out these dishes! :friends: I can also share the recipes, if you like! :) Your mom must have been such a wiz in the kitchen with a lovely artistic touch! She has taught you well, Debbie and I bet my last dollar that she will be proud of you! 

Thank you, Kiwi!  As a mother, it warms your heart to see your kids in the kitchen, learning the traditions and coming up with a few of their own.  Good for you to work alongside your mom, I suspect that was her happiest time of the holiday.  And I would love for you to share some of your recipes! :yesnod: 

• 3 years later...

Right. Christmas Eve 2019 is here (at least in my neck of the woods). I propose that we put aside all the grim tidings of the past year and indulge at least for two days.

I am reviving this thread, as it is always exciting to see Christmas Food from around the world! :D 

Yep! My obsession is the epitome of gluttony! :shifty: 

I am beginning the proceedings in the dessert department. There is this lovely cake shop that has been in the city since 2003 and has established outlets in other parts of the city and country. Here is the website: http://www.ammaspastries.in

Visited the place and bought a bunch of cakes to indulge in with the family. 

The photo below is a piece of the first type of cake that I bought yesterday from this shop. This creation is called Chocolate Mars. It comprises of two layers of chocolate, 2 layers of caramel, some dark chocolate shavings on top and a dash of vanilla icing.

Will be posting more in the coming hours, as the festivities continue :santa:

IMG_1776.JPG

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

I am making the Thanksgiving Day dinner again.  Turkey, Squash, Cranberry relish made with honey and walnuts and the usual.  I would rather have a Turkey than a steak or roast.  If I make a roast it will likely be on New Years Day.  Merry Christmas to all.,  I have a party tonight.,  Think Ill stick to Guinness though I picked up some good California Red and a bottle of Johnny Walker Black

Crikey did I start this thread in 2015 !!

This evening: Ballotine of Chicken. Cream Tarragon Sauce. Small Roast potatoes, Braised Leeks. A New Zealand Pinot Noir.

Christmas Day:

Ham and Fried Eggs for Breakkie. Our usual walk in the Peaks

Lunch: King Prawn Cocktail,  Pan Fried Turbot Filet, Sweet Potato Mash, Heritage Carrots. A New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. Peach and Passion Fruit Trifle

Supper: Pork Pie Salad

Cheese both to eat and to smoke.;)

Tonight it will be prime rib with twice baked potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, green bean casserole (my mother in law is making the casserole, which is never a good thing) and French rolls. 

Tomorrow I’m making a couple of turkey breasts, a honey ham, vegetable stuffing casserole, Mac and cheese,  fresh steamed green beans and Mrs W’s corn bread.

Homemade Christmas cookies, pound cake with berries, apple pie and ice cream for the desserts.

Lots of booze will be on hand, with the occasional step out.... ;) 

Edited by Walter

27 minutes ago, Walter said:

Lots of booze will be on hand, with the occasional step out.... ;) 

:D Really?? The occasional step out !! All the best to you and yours Chuck. In fact I am going to get my fingers nimble as we speak. It's evening here and I am ready for a relaxer.;)

27 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

:D Really?? The occasional step out !! All the best to you and yours Chuck. In fact I am going to get my fingers nimble as we speak. It's evening here and I am ready for a relaxer.;)

I just disappear for a few while they eat  and eat the feast. Then I can relax.

All the best to you and Mrs CP as well. Your menu, once again, sounds scrumptious! Take care my brotha. 

We spend Heiligabend, the 24th, traditionally with the in-laws. We had duck breast with date sauce, red cabbage and Klöße (dumplings)

My mother-in-law is the queen of desserts, cookies and cakes. We had (everything homemade!)

- Vanilla ice cream (outstanding) with raspberry sauce (devine)
- Tiramisu (outstanding)
- Lemon cream (very well)
+ christmas cookies (simply the best)

I really needed a digestive bitter afterwards

Today: leftovers

Merry christmas to all the fellow zepheads all over the world :drinks: