Christmas Day Bushfires

Reggie29

That is horrible to hear. My sympathies to those who lost their homes on Christmas but my attention and worry has been focused mainly on the deadly tornadoes sweeping the Southern U.S. Deborah J., jabe, Ddladner, justawoman, Walter, and some others were in the storm's path, according to news reports. Fortunately they are okay so far, judging from their last messages to me. Keeping all in my thoughts.

That is horrible to hear. My sympathies to those who lost their homes on Christmas but my attention and worry has been focused mainly on the deadly tornadoes sweeping the South. Deborah J., jabe, Ddladner, justawoman, Walter, and some others were in the storm's path, according to news reports. Fortunately they are okay so far, judging from their last messages to me. Keeping all in my thoughts.

People from the South are tough and hearty folks, my thoughts with y'all.

We had a tornado about 10 days ago here in Sydney near the airport at Kurnell, lots of damage and chaos with the planes, not to mention the oil refineries and fuel depots.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/sydney-tornado-shards-of-glass-become-flying-missiles--the-scariest-of-tornadoes-20151216-glpk6c.html

Kurnell is the landing place of Captain James Cook in 1770.

It was named after crows nest sighted land and a great white shark at the same time when the screamed out Fucking Hell! To which (as legend has it), the captain responded, "Far Kurnell it is!? ". It was eventually shortened to Kurnell.

Such awful news! :( My thoughts are with all the folks that are affected! I'm worried about Sean and all the other forum members from California. I've emailed him and I hope he's safe! 

Edited to add : I hope CP and all other members from across the UK are safe. I hope the flooding situation is under control! :wacko: 

Thoughts also with the people affected by the fires in California. Stay safe, Sean.

Such awful news! :( My thoughts are with all the folks that are affected! I'm worried about Sean and all the other forum members from California. I've emailed him and I hope he's safe! 

Edited to add : I hope CP and all other members from across the UK are safe. I hope the flooding situation is under control! :wacko: 

Thanks, mates. Appreciate the thoughts but it's all good where I am. The fires weren't near me.

Archived