BBC to broadcast 1969 concert

For My Life

They played a couple gigs in Paris during 69 on 10-10 at  Olympia Theater and Chatenay-Malabry  on 12-06 .

The BBC aired  2 shows from 69, One from London BBC Playhouse Theater that took place on June  27th  and the 10-10 show from The Olympia Theater in Paris.   The 1971 BBC broadcast was from the March 25th show at Paris studios in London

I wonder whether we'll get an unedited version of the following (info sourced from http://www.thegardentapes.co.uk )?

27th June 1969
Live performance at the Playhouse Theatre, London
Just four tracks from the six played at this first live BBC gig have been included on "BBC Sessions".

• "Communication Breakdown" is cut by 10 seconds at 2:33 where Robert sang some lines from the Isley Brothers' "It's Your Thing". It's a great shame that this had to be taken out but apparently agreement could not be reached on copyright and royalties.
  • "I Can't Quit You Baby" is included in full.
  • Next to be played were "Dazed and Confused" and "White Summer" but neither of these tracks were chosen for "BBC Sessions". This version of "White Summer" was, however, released on the 1990 "Led Zeppelin" box set and on the extended edition of "Coda" included within the 1993 "Complete Studio Recordings" box set, but with a 15 second cut at 5:06 in both cases!
  • "You Shook Me" is included in full.
  • The first few runs through the bass riff of "How Many More Times", over which presenter Alan Black was speaking, have been omitted, then at 0:24 a further 53 seconds consisting of the band member introductions have been cut. The remainder of the track is uncut.
  • The most complete bootlegs of this concert also include Black's interviews with Jimmy and Robert and a comedy interlude from members of the Liverpool Scene.

Archived