Best version of 6/30/1980 Frankfurt

godzilla777

Liriodendron's remix is hands-down the best version available and fit for official release.

I agree wholeheartedly. I've heard this show dozens of times but when I heard Lirio's remaster it was like hearing it for the first time all over again. 10/10 highly recommended.

I agree wholeheartedly. I've heard this show dozens of times but when I heard Lirio's remaster it was like hearing it for the first time all over again. 10/10 highly recommended.

I have searched Liriodendron - nothing much comes up. There are maybe a dozen releases for 30/06. Which one is this "Lirio" one?

Yeah, I don't know if he's shared it outside the hotel. It is the best by far. He did it earlier this year, maybe even within the last 3-4 months, so if you come across a fan remaster that claims to have bene done very recently, it's likely that's the one.

If you're a member of the hotel you'll find it there friends

Yeah, I don't know if he's shared it outside the hotel. It is the best by far. He did it earlier this year, maybe even within the last 3-4 months, so if you come across a fan remaster that claims to have bene done very recently, it's likely that's the one.

One of the many problems with "The hotel"...only those folks who willingly drink Peterson's kool-aid are lucky enough to hear some of this stuff, fuck the great unwashed (I'm almost ashamed to admit that I used to frequent that place quite a bit...I've probably been banned now after my last visit there when I publicly called the out the guy who's supposedly hoarding the Indianapolis '77 audience recording :lol: ) I mean, if they can upload shit onto their own tracker, how fucking hard is it to upload it onto the different live music torrent sites as well?

If you're a member of the hotel you'll find it there friends

A very kind member of this most grand place PM'd me and all was revealed. 

*edit: this place - meaning this forum. I have no idea what the hotel reference is.

One of the many problems with "The hotel"...only those folks who willingly drink Peterson's kool-aid are lucky enough to hear some of this stuff, fuck the great unwashed (I'm almost ashamed to admit that I used to frequent that place quite a bit...I've probably been banned now after my last visit there when I publicly called the out the guy who's supposedly hoarding the Indianapolis '77 audience recording :lol: ) I mean, if they can upload shit onto their own tracker, how fucking hard is it to upload it onto the different live music torrent sites as well?

Yea that place seems pretty elitist. 

well thankfully Lirio's remaster isn't on the tracker, its available from a mediafire link that I'm more than happy to supply to anyone who asks. Honestly R-O ain't so bad anymore. Most arguments now are over silly shit and nothing Zep related.

• 1 month later...
On 30 December 2015 at 4:07 AM, Sue Dounim said:

well thankfully Lirio's remaster isn't on the tracker, its available from a mediafire link that I'm more than happy to supply to anyone who asks. Honestly R-O ain't so bad anymore. Most arguments now are over silly shit and nothing Zep related.

Yes please Sue. I've heard the show but wasn't that impressed - but the version I have is pretty ordinary. But I've heard a few people say it's a storming performance 

I know this is off-topic, but as long as people are talking about providing links to hard-to-find stuff, I've been looking for the "Heywood Edition" of The Song Remains the Same for months now. Any insight into where one might find this little nugget would be much appreciated.

It is. Like Winston or the usual suspects. I don't know how you feel about MP3 but on Youtube I believe this Matrix can be found. I ripped it a few years ago despite the format IMHO it's the best net version.

The guy has quality shows not too many but a handful for every year. I sent you as message . I would imagine naming names is frowned upon.

The 80 Tour certainly had it's moments.  A couple of GREAT shows in Frankfurt and Zurich add Rotterdam for the Heartbreaker finale. Heaviest version for this blimp head it wouldn't be out of place on a Germany 73 show.

I had The Mannheim Steamroller playing earlier and plan on going through every 80 show three time. Im hoping for 4 discs worth of GREAT HEAVY material culled from the Berlin ,Bremen , Brussels, Cologne, Dortmund Hannover, Mannheim, Munich(s) , and Vienna. No remasters included. My Cologne TDOLZ runs fast so it's going to take some  time to procure one for inclusion in this project.

It will be an eye opener. These shows are loaded with inspired performances and a ton of clunkers. The set lists are basically the same but they did play a blistering Communication Breakdown in Bremen (?), not sure. Some very heavy versions of All Of My Love and Rain Song can be found. Heavy insomuch as Plant sings from the depths of his heart. I also plan to add or include some of the nastier Plantations, his anger cynicism and bitterness are palpable.

Ultimately, I would like get this collection to Mr. Wnston to enhance the power. First, First

By then I wait for trumpets.

Hopefully, then four discs that document  Stairway from the acoustic fumblings to the rise and wane ending with the Studio Reissues. Considering including ARMS and the orchestral version played with Jimmy on guitar.

• 4 months later...

So any links for the Liriondendron version?

I have Hotter Than the Hindenburgh. And must say, Trampled Underfoot - amongst the most powerful and intense ever. Just unreal. I wonder if the 'Hotter than..' release FLACs I have are near to the best quality. Sounds good, but is there a lot better out there?

Archived