2016 NFL PLAYOFF CONTEST

Strider

I wouldn't call what happened in the Seattle game as pure luck.  Sherman had just about blocked the last kick coming from the right side of the line of scrimmage and he had to kick towards the right due to the placement of the ball after the last play.  The kicker had to have that in mind when standing over that kick - plus with it being so cold and the end of a long duration in that cold, it's easy to snap hook it given all of those circumstances.  Tough pill to swallow, yes, but I wouldn't call it pure luck at all.  Humans are playing the game, not computers like on Madden.  Sets up for the match-up that everyone wants:  Seattle vs. Carolina.  Arizona/Green Bay is not going to be that tough for the home team, IMO.  On the AFC side, the KC/NE game should be a good one.  Can NE's o-line give Brady enough time to find his now much healthier and productive offensive weapons?  Plus Smith lost his top weapon with Maclin going down with a high ankle sprain.  Very interesting match up.  Pitt/Denver, if Denver can't win that one with an injured Big Ben (sprained shoulder), injured Williams at rb (injured foot), and an injured Brown (concussion) at wr - then I don't know what to say.  We shall see....

4 hours ago, Walter said:

I wouldn't call what happened in the Seattle game as pure luck.  Sherman had just about blocked the last kick coming from the right side of the line of scrimmage and he had to kick towards the right due to the placement of the ball after the last play.  The kicker had to have that in mind when standing over that kick - plus with it being so cold and the end of a long duration in that cold, it's easy to snap hook it given all of those circumstances.  Tough pill to swallow, yes, but I wouldn't call it pure luck at all.  Humans are playing the game, not computers like on Madden.  Sets up for the match-up that everyone wants:  Seattle vs. Carolina.  Arizona/Green Bay is not going to be that tough for the home team, IMO.  On the AFC side, the KC/NE game should be a good one.  Can NE's o-line give Brady enough time to find his now much healthier and productive offensive weapons?  Plus Smith lost his top weapon with Maclin going down with a high ankle sprain.  Very interesting match up.  Pitt/Denver, if Denver can't win that one with an injured Big Ben (sprained shoulder), injured Williams at rb (injured foot), and an injured Brown (concussion) at wr - then I don't know what to say.  We shall see....

Believe me, Seattle is one lucky ass team. Just one example was the bad snap that almost turned into a TD. Lucky bastards. :lol:

Walter is in the lead after Round #1 of the playoffs...the only one to go undefeated. A few are bunched behind with one loss, and Reggie29 is the only one starting out without a victory.

Walter: 4-0

jb126: 3-1

paul carruthers: 3-1

Stocksontherocks: 3-1

Walter Jr.: 3-1

ebk: 2-2

in_the_evening: 2-2

jabe: 2-2

Mrs. Walter: 2-2

redrum: 2-2

S.A.N.B.R.: 2-2

Strider: 2-2

LedZeppfan77: 1-3

zepscoda: 1-3

Reggie29: 0-4

DIVISIONAL ROUND

Saturday January 16

Kansas City @ New England

Green Bay @ Arizona  

Sunday January 17

Seattle @ Carolina (another early start cross-country for Seattle)

Pittsburgh @ Denver

DIVISIONAL ROUND

Saturday January 16

Kansas City @ New England  I see KC winning this even though I am a NE guy.

Green Bay @ Arizona  Sometimes you just gotta root for the team that has had such a long drought.

Sunday January 17

Seattle @ Carolina  I cannot fathom how CAR could lose this.  Which means they probably WILL lose, haha!

Pittsburgh @ Denver  I just don't like PIT and would love to see Payton ride a little further!

15 hours ago, LedZeppfan77 said:

I thought we were supposed to pick the score?  Oh well

Forget about scores this round.

I have always hated the Chiefs. I have always hated Andy Reid and his overrated choking Eagles teams. So I can't believe what I am about to write...I am picking Kansas City to upset the Patriots. Thor strike me down with thunderbolts.

Elsewhere in the NFL...

Arizona 

Seattle 

Denver 

The only chance Pittsburgh has, IMO, is if the defense goes out and completely shuts down Peyton and holds Denver to 10 points or less.  Which could happen.  But I'm not betting on it.  Denver's defense alone should contribute enough to cover the points needed.  If Deangelo, Antonio, and Ben were all playing - I'd pick 'em.  Throw in a healthy Bell and I'd pick them for the Super Bowl.

^^^Wish I could say I was watching the game but I'm at work, so I'll catch the action later. I actually hope New England wins. I want a Patriots-Seahawks or Patriots-Packers Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Why not Denver--Pitt's top running back and receiver are out, who knows if Big Ben will be able to go. That game might turn into a major Denver "ass-whoopin"  tomorrow....

Which is why Denver should send a playoff share to Burfict (or whatever his name is) for knocking out Antonio Brown with that cheapshot. Remember when Pittsburgh was the 'team nobody wanted to face in the playoffs"?

11 minutes ago, Strider said:

^^^Wish I could say I was watching the game but I'm at work, so I'll catch the action later. I actually hope New England wins. I want a Patriots-Seahawks or Patriots-Packers Super Bowl.

Which is why Denver should send a playoff share to Burfict (or whatever his name is) for knocking out Antonio Brown with that cheapshot. Remember when Pittsburgh was the 'team nobody wanted to face in the playoffs"?

Me, I've been "adopting" Arizona as my team to pull for once the Thanksgiving Day massacre happened.  Im fine with Denver making it from the AFC, since DWare hasn't ever been to a SB.

Archived