Jump to content

I would LOVE to hear a SBD of these shows


Recommended Posts

I really love these shows, along with many others. i am a HUGE 1975 fan and if they ever release sbds of these shows i would be so fucking happy!!!! What do you think?

1975.02.06 Led Zeppelin Montreal Forum

1975.02.03 Led Zeppelin Madison Square Garden NY

1975.02.04 Led Zeppelin Uniondale NY

1975.01.29 Led Zeppelin Greensboro NC

1975.02.10 Led Zeppelin Landover Maryland

I really enjoy these shows especially the earlier ones like Brussels and chicago because the fucking KILL IT on The Wonton Song and Levee. And i love to hear the rare 1975 version of How Many More Times. Just amazing even with Jimmy a broken finger and Roberts voice in the trash, they still make it good man!! Love it!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with Montreal and Landover, take or leave the others (and Greensboro, really?).  Would also add Philadelphia '75 to that list.  Would also love to hear SBs from the Baltimore and Pittsburgh '73 shows (might as well add Boston from that tour, despite the well-known audience problems, still a great performance). 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Greensboro and those other early 75 shows have an undeservedly bad reputation, because the recordings aren't great. Robert does run into trouble towards the end of January, but the other three are all fine throughout. Forget the saga of Jimmy's finger, it didn't stop him playing what he wanted at that point.

January 75 was a great set list. Top of my list for that era would be Chicago 22nd or Detroit 30th January. But the early Feb ones such as Montreal and the first MSG gig would be very nice to have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2016 at 9:22 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

Agree with Montreal and Landover, take or leave the others (and Greensboro, really?).  Would also add Philadelphia '75 to that list.  Would also love to hear SBs from the Baltimore and Pittsburgh '73 shows (might as well add Boston from that tour, despite the well-known audience problems, still a great performance). 

 

 

 

On 1/10/2016 at 7:30 AM, Nutrocker said:

This. And, no, I don't think we're crazy...

Nutrocker we been over this before, HELL YES i want a an AUD or sbd ANYTHING at least if its full show of tempe!!! Hell yeah! and Greensboro75 was an awesome show! SBDs are my fave but i also do really love aud recordings... Even the crappy ones... ANY of those firswwt JAN 75 shows would be awesome on SBD because that set list was really cool... allthough it is way better come feb and the marathons ... But shit im happy with what we have already man

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

The 4 hour Boston 1969 show. 

Royal Albert Hall "69. 

Barh Festival "69 and "70 

Any Summer "69 USA shows

Copenhagen 1970 & 1971

Any UK Spring and Fall 1971 shows

Australia 1972

Seattle 6/19/72

Denver 6/21/72

and probably a whole lot more!!!

 

 

Great choices there! :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

6/21/77, 6/22/77, 6/23/77, 6/25/77, 6/26/77, 6/27/77. Talk about how the west was won. Practically every note is what the BEAST of the '77 tour was meant to be, folks!

I have a gut feeling that since I'm 26, I will be lucky enough to see a proper official release of most or all (or a best of LA '77 style release) of these soundboards, or monitor/soundboard multi if they exist. NYC '77 too, but New York's run was less consistent IMO.

I would never listen to anything but that for the rest of my life, probably.

Edited by Dirty Work
Link to post
Share on other sites

5/19/77-Baton Rouge, LA.-First-Then in no Order,-----6/22/1977,L.A.-6/26/77,L.A., 6/8/77, NY,-6/10-77, 6-11-77, 6/13/77, & 6/14/1977-All New York,....-4/30/1977, Pontiac, Mich, 4/28/1977, Cleveland, Ohio 2nd-Night, -4/10/1977 Chicago,-4th-Night,---Atlanta,-4/23/1977,..Birmingham, Alabama,--5/18/1977,...Greensboro,North-Carolina,--5/31/1977,...Indianapolis,-Indiana,-4/17/1977,--St. Louis, Missouri,...4/15/1977,...St.Paul, Minnesota,..-4/13/1977,..&..Minneapolis, Minnesota,..-4/12/1977,...---Cincinnati, Ohio,...--4/19/ & 4/20/1977,...--Dallas,Texas,..--4/1/1977,...--4/6/1977,..Chicago, 1st-Night,...--Tempe, Arizona,...7/20/1977,...-San-Diego, California,...-7/19/1977...--Oakland,..-California,...--7/23, & 7/24/1977,...A-DAY-ON-THE-GREEN,,....---&...Throw-Inn,..--6/27/1977,..L.A. California, The-6th-Show, The..Last-Night-IN-California & The Last-Night Of The 2nd-LEG Of The 1977-U.S-TOUR,...6/27/1977,...3:45-3-Hours,-45-Minutes,..The Longest Concert Of The-77-US-Tour,...Thanks, Johnny Stritz,!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, soccer5 said:

5/19/77-Baton Rouge, LA.-First-Then in no Order,-----6/22/1977,L.A.-6/26/77,L.A., 6/8/77, NY,-6/10-77, 6-11-77, 6/13/77, & 6/14/1977-All New York,....-4/30/1977, Pontiac, Mich, 4/28/1977, Cleveland, Ohio 2nd-Night, -4/10/1977 Chicago,-4th-Night,---Atlanta,-4/23/1977,..Birmingham, Alabama,--5/18/1977,...Greensboro,North-Carolina,--5/31/1977,...Indianapolis,-Indiana,-4/17/1977,--St. Louis, Missouri,...4/15/1977,...St.Paul, Minnesota,..-4/13/1977,..&..Minneapolis, Minnesota,..-4/12/1977,...---Cincinnati, Ohio,...--4/19/ & 4/20/1977,...--Dallas,Texas,..--4/1/1977,...--4/6/1977,..Chicago, 1st-Night,...--Tempe, Arizona,...7/20/1977,...-San-Diego, California,...-7/19/1977...--Oakland,..-California,...--7/23, & 7/24/1977,...A-DAY-ON-THE-GREEN,,....---&...Throw-Inn,..--6/27/1977,..L.A. California, The-6th-Show, The..Last-Night-IN-California & The Last-Night Of The 2nd-LEG Of The 1977-U.S-TOUR,...6/27/1977,...3:45-3-Hours,-45-Minutes,..The Longest Concert Of The-77-US-Tour,...Thanks, Johnny Stritz,!!!!!!

Now we're talking!

I notice you listed the '77 Baton Rouge show first...were you there? Are you aware of the history surrounding the audience recording for that show?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, soccer5 said:

5/19/77-Baton Rouge, LA.-First-Then in no Order,-----6/22/1977,L.A.-6/26/77,L.A., 6/8/77, NY,-6/10-77, 6-11-77, 6/13/77, & 6/14/1977-All New York,....-4/30/1977, Pontiac, Mich, 4/28/1977, Cleveland, Ohio 2nd-Night, -4/10/1977 Chicago,-4th-Night,---Atlanta,-4/23/1977,..Birmingham, Alabama,--5/18/1977,...Greensboro,North-Carolina,--5/31/1977,...Indianapolis,-Indiana,-4/17/1977,--St. Louis, Missouri,...4/15/1977,...St.Paul, Minnesota,..-4/13/1977,..&..Minneapolis, Minnesota,..-4/12/1977,...---Cincinnati, Ohio,...--4/19/ & 4/20/1977,...--Dallas,Texas,..--4/1/1977,...--4/6/1977,..Chicago, 1st-Night,...--Tempe, Arizona,...7/20/1977,...-San-Diego, California,...-7/19/1977...--Oakland,..-California,...--7/23, & 7/24/1977,...A-DAY-ON-THE-GREEN,,....---&...Throw-Inn,..--6/27/1977,..L.A. California, The-6th-Show, The..Last-Night-IN-California & The Last-Night Of The 2nd-LEG Of The 1977-U.S-TOUR,...6/27/1977,...3:45-3-Hours,-45-Minutes,..The Longest Concert Of The-77-US-Tour,...Thanks, Johnny Stritz,!!!!!!

Let me guess:  you're a fan of the '77 tour?  Most likely you'll get the Greensboro show, as the pattern of releases suggests that this one exits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2016 at 5:33 PM, Dirty Work said:

6/21/77, 6/22/77, 6/23/77, 6/25/77, 6/26/77, 6/27/77. Talk about how the west was won. Practically every note is what the BEAST of the '77 tour was meant to be, folks!

I have a gut feeling that since I'm 26, I will be lucky enough to see a proper official release of most or all (or a best of LA '77 style release) of these soundboards, or monitor/soundboard multi if they exist. NYC '77 too, but New York's run was less consistent IMO.

I would never listen to anything but that for the rest of my life, probably.

 

On 1/14/2016 at 3:18 AM, Nutrocker said:

Now we're talking!

I notice you listed the '77 Baton Rouge show first...were you there? Are you aware of the history surrounding the audience recording for that show?

Dirty work I agree!!!! lol great comment!!!

 

And Nutrocker I am not, could you fill me in??? I didnt even know there was a recording of this show. I never found one/...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...