Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
sam_webmaster

Robert Plant 1968/1969 Laney Amplifier

Original sales ledger with Robert Plant's purchase of a Laney PA system, consisting of a 100W tube head and two 2x12 cabinets, March 22, 1968. This was also used in the first Led Zeppelin tours up to early 1969.

laney_68-3.thumb.jpg.ed89f8872ac721e588f

(Robert presented Laney with a commemorative signed plaque to the acknowledge the contribution).

laney68-1.jpg.7e461812501a40a77dbd51610e

laney68-2.jpg.b77bbc2db29e5faa4ff2d8802d

Robert and Lyndon Laney are very old friends. He played in The Band of Joy for a while.

On 12 January 2016 at 6:15 PM, Cofa said:

Robert and Lyndon Laney are very old friends. He played in The Band of Joy for a while.

Well I never knew that! You learn something new every day!

I've just found a few photos I had on file.

The first shows Robert holding the same type of award that was presented to Laney Amplification: 

"presented to Robert Plant...for sales of Audio and Video Sales in Excess of 200 Million Units"

2007%2009%2012%20Plant%20With%20Auction%

close up of the award:

Plant%20Auction%20Award_zpsv3ot75iy.jpg

and a third photo shows what is either the exact same award Robert held above and was auctioned off or a third copy (possibly presented to the BBC). I say it's possibly a third copy because the signature is definitely different from either of the above (unless signature was later removed and he signed it again, adding "Best Wishes", for the auction). 

Photo%20Credit%20Michael%20Eccleshall_zp

Photo Credit: Michael Eccelshall

Photos courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive