Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Xolo1974

Tangerine - best live version

Recommended Posts

Hi all.

Recently started collecting boots. I'm trying to get hold of a boot from 71/72 that has a good quality sounding version of tangerine. It's a brilliant tune. And I love the bare bones arrangement that they performed around this time. 

The ones I have so far, the sound quality is pretty crappy. Just want to hear what people's views are on what the best quality recording is. 

Appreciate any help. 

Cheers, have a good day. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best sounding acoustic version is on the classic (multi track AKA stage) recording from Osaka 929. I was never fond of the more bombastic arrangments such as Earl's Court, but that is highly subjective. Tangerine is indeed a thing of beauty 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, duckman said:

The best sounding acoustic version is on the classic (multi track AKA stage) recording from Osaka 929. I was never fond of the more bombastic arrangments such as Earl's Court, but that is highly subjective. Tangerine is indeed a thing of beauty 

Hey buddy. Got it. Got the Fatally Wanderer version. Listened to the whole gig last night. Awesome. Thanks for the tip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a great song, no doubt.  Hands-down, the best version is from the 4th night at Earl's Court (May 24th 1975).  Flawless performance, soundboard quality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

This is a great song, no doubt.  Hands-down, the best version is from the 4th night at Earl's Court (May 24th 1975).  Flawless performance, soundboard quality. 

I agree 100%, but he's specifically looking for early performances of Tangerine from 1971-1972. 

Anyway, listen to Tokyo - September 24, 1971. It's the very first love performance of Tangerine, and the recording is very good and a solid first performance of the song!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, nick2632 said:

I agree 100%, but he's specifically looking for early performances of Tangerine from 1971-1972. 

Anyway, listen to Tokyo - September 24, 1971. It's the very first love performance of Tangerine, and the recording is very good and a solid first performance of the song!

Ah yes, you're right;  sorry, didn't read closely enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nick2632 said:

I agree 100%, but he's specifically looking for early performances of Tangerine from 1971-1972. 

Anyway, listen to Tokyo - September 24, 1971. It's the very first love performance of Tangerine, and the recording is very good and a solid first performance of the song!

Yeah thanks bud. Checked it out - it's good. Better than Osaka I reckon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...