Most Desired Concert To Hear, Which NO Recording Exists?

nick2632

1 hour ago, MKuznetsov said:

I'd also love to hear a tape of the show in Athens, OH in 1969, supposedly they blew Jose Feliciano off the stage. I went to Ohio University and I used to frequently walk by the venue on the way to class or to the gym. A full recording of Iceland '70 wouldn't be bad either, but the absolute holy grail for me is any show from the '68 New Yardbirds tour.

What? No way. Are you sure they blew Jose Feliciano off stage? I mean, Jose is a tough act to follow:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 6:14 PM, spindle said:

Thanks all for your kind words- I've got some work to do to organize the tapes. They've been in storage for almost 50 yrs. I'm slow!

Been any updates on this tape? Really looking forward to hearing it, it's amazing after all these years that treasures like this still surface.

• 2 weeks later...

With the exception of the abbreviated show on 4/9/77 due to Page's supposed "food poisoning", it would be nice to hear soundboard recordings of the other three completed Chicago shows on April 6, 7 and 10.  If soundboards exist or can be found, that is.

Edited by Bob B

7 hours ago, Bob B said:

With the exception of the abbreviated show on 4/9/77 due to Page's supposed "food poisoning", it would be nice to hear soundboard recordings of the other three completed Chicago shows on April 6, 7 and 10.  If soundboards exist or can be found, that is.

I'm not that big of a 1977 fan, but I'm from Chicago and have been told the show after the illness is a full on ripper! 

2 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

I'm not that big of a 1977 fan, but I'm from Chicago and have been told the show after the illness is a full on ripper! 

It is, but unfortunately neither of the 4/10/77 audience recordings are very good (or complete). Oh well, maybe some day...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There is a soundboard tape of them and others from the 1969 Seattle Pop Festival in Woodinville WA, but it's still in the hands of an eccentric Japanese collector last I heard. 
They apparently stole the show at that festival, and blew The Doors literally right off the stage. I remember reading that a local LZ collector in Seattle pissed off the sound guy that kept the tape in negotiations so instead he sold it to a Byrds collector for 10K who then traded it for rare Byrds stuff from the Japanese guy. A real shame, but maybe someday it will surface. I highly doubt the Byrds collector didn't make a copy. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 12/25/2021 at 7:03 PM, 1975NQ said:

I'd be happy with anything we haven't heard from either Spring 71 or Fall UK 71. Beyond that, Pittsburgh 2-1-75 because I'm currently obsessed with early 75 Zep, Page In particular. 

I concur. Great list. Honestly any show that we do not have available or access to would be appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...