WHAT IS THE PROBLEM ??

GARRY ZEP

I HAVE TO SAY THAT THE FACT THAT LED ZEPLIN CAN NOT OR WILL NOT DO A REUNION TOUR IS CRAZY. THEY OWE IT TO THE FANS WHO HAVE BOUGHT, ALBUMS,8TRACKS,CASSETT TAPES. CD'S, TEE SHIRTS,BUMPER STICKERS, COFFE MUGS,POSTERS ANY OTHER THING WITH LED ZEPLIN ON IT THAT THEY HAVE THROWN AT US. THAT IS THE REASON THEY HAVE CASTLES AND HOMES IN 2 OR 3 COUNTRIES AND LIVE THE LIFE THEY DO. I LOVE THE SOUND I HAVE ALL THE MUSIC, REMASTERD AND THEN SOME. I CANT BELIVE THEY ALONG WITH JASON CANT GET ON STAGE FOR 2 HRS WITHOUT KILLING EACH OTHER,  SAD SO SAD. MORE FANS SHOULD YELL IT OUT,  WE WANT SOMETHING !!!! ,  WE ARE GETTING  OLDER AND SOON WONT BE HERE, DO THE RIGHT THING !!!!!! AND DONT CHARGE $1000.00 PER TICKET..................................

Funny how people think they owe us something. I truly do not understand that position. I owe Jimmy and the boys they best experiences of my life. And times when I was in really dark places, and had them to thank for seeing me through and offering me an escape. And not just an escape - always something that to me seriously bordered on the magical.

They owe me nothing. They are legends, every one of them. One of my fantasies is to meet Jimmy one day and be able to buy him a beer and offer a simple "Thank you", and "great job mate!". Corny, but true.

11 hours ago, GARRY ZEP said:

I HAVE TO SAY THAT THE FACT THAT LED ZEPLIN CAN NOT OR WILL NOT DO A REUNION TOUR IS CRAZY. THEY OWE IT TO THE FANS WHO HAVE BOUGHT, ALBUMS,8TRACKS,CASSETT TAPES. CD'S, TEE SHIRTS,BUMPER STICKERS, COFFE MUGS,POSTERS ANY OTHER THING WITH LED ZEPLIN ON IT THAT THEY HAVE THROWN AT US. THAT IS THE REASON THEY HAVE CASTLES AND HOMES IN 2 OR 3 COUNTRIES AND LIVE THE LIFE THEY DO. I LOVE THE SOUND I HAVE ALL THE MUSIC, REMASTERD AND THEN SOME. I CANT BELIVE THEY ALONG WITH JASON CANT GET ON STAGE FOR 2 HRS WITHOUT KILLING EACH OTHER,  SAD SO SAD. MORE FANS SHOULD YELL IT OUT,  WE WANT SOMETHING !!!! ,  WE ARE GETTING  OLDER AND SOON WONT BE HERE, DO THE RIGHT THING !!!!!! AND DONT CHARGE $1000.00 PER TICKET..................................

Lol.. The frustration that every fan feels. 

9 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Garry, you're wasting your time thinking that Robert Plant cares about anyone but himself. Just move on, and enjoy what you have from the band. 

That's a bit strong TDL, don't forget Bonzo was Robert's mate the other two were just working acquaintance's. Good on Plant for sticking to his guns.

1 hour ago, juxtiphi said:

The real problem is people thinking the band owes them something.  This thread should be delted

Oh come on this thread could explode into some really good banter, bring it on.  It's too quiet around here lately the "Custard" needs stirring. 

55 minutes ago, imPLANTed said:

Not every fan...I don't.  They don't owe us anything.  They've already given us more than we could ever ask for.

True, they don't owe us. I didn't like how Plant said he was retiring, thus he bowed out of touring with Page and Jason Bonham, then turns around and tours solo. What was that all about. I am upset with myself more for not seeing the Page Plant tour in the late 90's. It's my own fault.

They don't owe anyone anything, and posting all in caps is silly. As much as I'd love to be able to attend a Led Zeppelin concert, having been born just a wee bit too late to have done so, mostly I would prefer that they do not attempt a reunion tour. After a couple botched reunions, they played a hell of a show at O2, and I'd prefer to see that be the last. They can go out on top and remain legends. My fear is that if they toured, they'd start looking like the Stones or the Who, a group of tired old men pretending to be the rock stars they once were. O2 gave the Led Zeppelin story a great ending, I'd prefer not to ruin it with a sequel.

9 hours ago, JTM said:

That's a bit strong TDL, don't forget Bonzo was Robert's mate the other two were just working acquaintance's. Good on Plant for sticking to his guns.

True, and I understand. Regardless, and whatever his reasoning may be, Robert serves Robert, and nobody else. Personally, I really don't care what he does anymore. My interest in Robert does not extend to anything he did after Zeppelin, except the Page Plant project, and the O2. 

On February 12, 2016 at 7:49 PM, GARRY ZEP said:

THEY OWE IT TO THE FANS WHO HAVE BOUGHT BUMPER STICKERS, COFFE MUGS,POSTERS ANY OTHER THING WITH LED ZEPLIN ON IT THAT THEY HAVE THROWN AT US..................................

Yes, those damn mugs!!! Now that I think of it, because I do in fact have a LZ mug the boys owe it to me PERSONALLY to tour one more time. You know, I would not have had a problem with them not touring if it were not for their evil merchandizing and forcing me to buy that damn MUG!!!

I WANT MY MUG TOUR!

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Yes, those damn mugs!!! Now that I think of it, because I do in fact have a LZ mug the boys owe it to me PERSONALLY to tour one more time. You know, I would not have had a problem with them not touring if it were not for their evil merchandizing and forcing me to buy that damn MUG!!!

I WANT MY MUG TOUR!

I have a Zeppelin mug, but us Brits don't do bumper stickers, they are looked upon with disdain, not cool at all.

The problem is that not all of the surviving members of Led Zeppelin want to reunite.  It's their careers; their lives, their decision to make.  As Jagger & Richards stated so eloquently in one of their songs, 'You can't always get what you want."

The time has passed. They should have done a reunion tour in 2008, but that didn't happen. 7 years later I don't believe Page is up to a tour. He and Plant aren't getting along. It's only going to get worse. There is no point ranting. I hope the OP enjoyed his rant anyway.

On a positive note, I'm going to the Black Sabbath show on Feb. 25...but they are barely up to it. They crossed numerous potential songs off their setlist because Ozzy can no longer sing them. A backstage rhythm guitarist helps out Tony. Bill Ward was left behind and they have a young guy taking his place. Jimmy is 4 years older than Tony. We all grow old. You just have to accept it.

FIRST I LOVE CAPS. AND THE FACT THAT BROUGHT UP THE SUBJECT, STIRRED UP A DEBATE. IAM SURE IF YOU ARE ON THIS SITE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE BAND PLAY ONE MORE TIME. SORRY TO OFEND, BUT IAM SURE IAM PART OF A LARGE FRATERNITY.  HAVE GREAT ZEP DAY MY FRIENDS.....

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:36 PM, Balthazor said:

They can go out on top and remain legends. My fear is that if they toured, they'd start looking like the Stones or the Who, a group of tired old men pretending to be the rock stars they once were. O2 gave the Led Zeppelin story a great ending, I'd prefer not to ruin it with a sequel.

Wonderfully said.

I feel like I owe them. I steal from them on a regular basis. Thus I was compelled to to buy the o2 show.

Jr. knows his way around the drum kit but as good as o2 sounded it wasn't Led Zeppelin. The band was so much a sum of it's parts that "it" even scared them.

Led Zeppelin died in a field in August of 79. "It" wasn't there anymore. "It" would pop up occasionally during the 1980 shows and quickly vanish. 

Celebrate what was and in my opinion will never be again . Four guys who created a fifth element , an innate chemistry to make some of the best live music ever recorded . The studio stuff is pretty great too.

Peace. 

Archived