Story behind legends at the Bay

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

If I remember correctly, Lenny Kravitz originally posted this photo...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story behind legends at the Bay

Javier Encalada | 18th Feb 2016

2012.jpg.3327ec294fe4f5bee8b34d392573fe9

Pictured in Byron Bay from left Craig Ross (Lenny's guitarist), John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin and Them Crooked Vultures), Seasick Steve, Andrew Stockdale (Wolfmother) and Lenny Kravitz.

THE mystery of a photo showing a group of rock stars taken in Byron Bay in 2012 has been resolved, with musician Andrew Stockdale offering details of the meeting and confirming the group had a jam together.

The image shows Craig Ross (Lenny Kravitz's guitarist), John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin and Them Crooked Vultures), Seasick Steve, Andrew Stockdale and Lenny Kravitz in Byron Bay.

The meeting happened while Wolfmother supported Lenny Kravitz in his Australian tour in 2012.

"The band and some friends were hanging out, and then it turns out that John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin was there with Seasick Steve for Bluesfest.

"I called Seasick Steve and said: I'm here with Lenny, do you guys wanna come and hang out?

"Before we knew it all of us were in this room chatting. You could not plan this," Stockdale said.

"And then I said: I've got a studio here. Do you guys want to get together and have a jam? So then I managed to get everyone into the studio for this jam. I still have the recording of it. I have to put it together sometime."

Asked if the recording would ever be a formal release, Stockdale said: "I don't know. I have to get approval I guess."

http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/story-behind-legends-at-the-bay/2933325/

On Sep 3, 1993 Jones had joined Lenny Kravitz on 'Are You Gonna Go My Way' for MTV's Annual Music Awards telecast. Great to see their paths crossed again and that they got in some jamming. Kravitz always seems laid back and looking to jam with other musicians. His impressive home in Miami (and his home studio) are featured in the Mick Jagger documentary 'Being Mick'. 

Archived