Wiring confusions with #2 les Paul

Ihavealpandyoualldoto

So I'm wiring up a lp I'm making and I like the under the pickguard switches of the les Paul but the guitar has four push pulls and two switches I think the switches do somewhat the same thing as the four push pulls and there are two diagrams I've found one of which makes no sense and one has two push pulls two switches. Sorry if I'm in the wrong section just started.

what are these panels? The numbered ones.

On the bottom one I need four push pulls like the Gibson one is labeled

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Ihavealpandyoualldoto said:

So I'm wiring up a lp I'm making and I like the under the pickguard switches of the les Paul but the guitar has four push pulls and two switches I think the switches do somewhat the same thing as the four push pulls and there are two diagrams I've found one of which makes no sense and one has two push pulls two switches. Sorry if I'm in the wrong section just started.

On the bottom one I need four push pulls instead of two like this les Paul is labeled 

T

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

8 hours ago, Ihavealpandyoualldoto said:

On the bottom one I need four push pulls like the Gibson one is labeled

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The numbered blocks are just connectors.  They're supposed to make life easier...
If you imagine a series of metal strips with solder eyes at each end, attached to an insulating block (that can be mounted somewhere inside the guitar), that's what you've got here.
The numbering system is such that 1 and 10 are the same conductor, 2 and 11 are the same conductor etc.

In all fairness the diagram is not very clear.  Looks like someone did it on an etch-a-sketch.

Perhaps some help, pretty sure the 1st JP LP released had the 4 push pulls AND the two switches(98' ??) but got bad 

reviews because at least 10 of the 21?? options were almost useless(believe me), among other mistakes like the

overhot pups. Later on (07' ??) a model was released with either the two push pulls and two switches, or four push pulls,

never tried it, mega expensive, but heard each setting was thumbs up. Good luck. Pretty sure that model had 10 or 12

settings.

On 2/22/2016 at 1:34 AM, Mithril46 said:

Perhaps some help, pretty sure the 1st JP LP released had the 4 push pulls AND the two switches(98' ??) but got bad 

reviews because at least 10 of the 21?? options were almost useless(believe me), among other mistakes like the

overhot pups. Later on (07' ??) a model was released with either the two push pulls and two switches, or four push pulls,

never tried it, mega expensive, but heard each setting was thumbs up. Good luck. Pretty sure that model had 10 or 12

settings.

The first JP Les Paul had 4 push/pull pots. (no switches) And it is a very good guitar.

That could well be, as I tried out the guitar when it came out, close to 20 yrs ago, although in fact Page's #2 I'm pretty

sure actually did have two switches, but I'm no supertech, It's cool you like the 1st Gibson Page model. It was actually

considered a big disappointment in various ways. Before the 07' show, you could buy it used from $1800 to $2500.

Every guitar is different, and Iv'e played Pauls costing $3500 which had slightly better frets but sound not that much

better than a $600 Epi, (not usually the case), but some expensive guitars are not even close to the extra expense.

Archived