What is the real meaning of the name Led Zeppelin?

Gregor

1 hour ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

It's a SIGN Sath...........I have more evidence bout dinosaurs....the answer is on the bootleg recordings.

Behold my evidence, your honour:

(PS, I plead "not looney")

R-1926834-1252944052.jpeg.jpg

big.jpg

images.jpg

R-2571053-1321122057.jpeg.jpg

ledzep-dino.jpg

index.jpg

R-2645774-1413143673-6124.jpeg.jpg

f60d0f23d02124119fd0b1f9fa2663cd.jpgR-6614175-1423123356-4890.jpeg.jpg.fa7ed

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 1:03 PM, reswati said:

It would be a shock for you Gregor if you would visit a psychiatrist, and told him about your conspiracy theory.

We had some very insane people here on the board before, "proving" MacCartney is dead, Led Zeppelin were more than 4 people, Zeppelin music features occult messages etc. etc.

What strikes me is that their theories (and also your theory) are based on fallacies, vivid imagination, and their complete lack of coherence, and their ability to present their weird interpretations as "facts". Also people like you think their "discoveries" are "very important" (in your case even going that far as that you want to contact the surviving members of the band to share your "wisdom" with). Just imagine how some rockstar must feel after the 100th weirdo wants to share his theories.

I recommend you to get help, if you are not spaced out on drugs, then you do have a mental problem, and posting a translation of your entire blog won't change that and won't help you either.

Best of luck.

How about Manson thinking the Beatles White album was instructing him what to do?

2 minutes ago, woz70 said:

That only happened in the movies...

The apathic Apatosaurus behind the counter of my local supermarket said told me to say hello (she knew you would type your type of typetype because she did read a Zeppelin shaped fortune cookie).

4 minutes ago, BledZabbath said:

There is proof, they found dinosaur footprints  alongside man's.

*sigh*
You're talking about the Paluxy River fossils aren't you?  That got debunked about 30 years ago. 
There's no evidence of Dino activity more recently than 65 million years ago (not long after the Chicxulub event, in fact).  There's no evidence of human activity later than about 6 million years ago.

If humans had existed at the same time as dinosaurs, they wouldn't have lasted very long...

Here's a handy educational link (more of which can be found if you sensibly ignore any creationist websites which tend not to be the most rational areas of discussion on the planet):-

http://www.badarchaeology.com/out-of-place-artefacts/footprints-and-the-like/the-paluxy-river-%E2%80%98footprints%E2%80%99/

2 minutes ago, woz70 said:

*sigh*
You're talking about the Paluxy River fossils aren't you?  That got debunked about 30 years ago. 
There's no evidence of Dino activity more recently than 65 million years ago (not long after the Chicxulub event, in fact).  There's no evidence of human activity later than about 6 million years ago.

If humans had existed at the same time as dinosaurs, they wouldn't have lasted very long...

Here's a handy educational link (more of which can be found if you sensibly ignore any creationist websites which tend not to be the most rational areas of discussion on the planet):-

http://www.badarchaeology.com/out-of-place-artefacts/footprints-and-the-like/the-paluxy-river-%E2%80%98footprints%E2%80%99/

Thank you Woz70.

20 minutes ago, woz70 said:

What about chicken sized dino's?

(There's proof of them on the LZ4 album cover...the man with the sticks comes to feed them with branches....they live in the woods behind him, but since they are only very small they can't reach the higher parts of the trees).

Another dino clue lies in the nickname of the second album...."The brown bomber" which refers to dinosaur poop.

11 minutes ago, reswati said:

The apathic Apatosaurus behind the counter of my local supermarket said told me to say hello (she knew you would type your type of typetype because she did read a Zeppelin shaped fortune cookie).

Damn.  I already expected to had have known that tomorrow, yesterday.
If you catch my drift.

1 minute ago, reswati said:

What about chicken sized dino's?

I expect they would have had a KFH™ with extra coleslaw and a few beers on a Friday night whilst watching a horror film about the invasion of a giant human.

Just now, woz70 said:

Damn.  I already expected to had have known that tomorrow, yesterday.
If you catch my drift.

I expect they would have had a KFH™ with extra coleslaw and a few beers on a Friday night whilst watching a horror film about the invasion of a giant human.

On behalf of the Completely Unknown Order Of Ommhotep The Never Named (except for twice in this forum, but we deleted all the Wikipedia links to look terribly important) I was commanded to send you the Secret Handshake (But we still have to build an emoticon for that, so nevermind).

52 minutes ago, reswati said:

On behalf of the Completely Unknown Order Of Ommhotep The Never Named (except for twice in this forum, but we deleted all the Wikipedia links to look terribly important) I was commanded to send you the Secret Handshake (But we still have to build an emoticon for that, so nevermind).

I am sorry to tell you that this is formal notice of your ejection from the No Longer Completely Unknown Order of Ommhotep The Now Thrice But Usually Never Named, on the grounds that you have caused considerably expense in the stationery department (Don't you know how much getting letterheaded paper costs?) and general consternation in the marketing team.
Don't even mention the guy in the secret handshake department.  Let's just say he's very upset again, ok.  Especially after the last time.

32 minutes ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Maybe the punks were on to something...  :scratch

Hence the pineapple which symbolizes Johnny Rotten................nudgenudge winkwink.

(I'm glad they never figured out the pink umbrella, due to the danger of shifting global magnetism.......................thanks for the good doctor Larry for taking care of that in 1977).

世界上最神秘詭異的10本書02-2.jpg

alcune_delle_illustrazioni_del_codex_seraphinianus_1363.jpg

10 hours ago, woz70 said:

I am sorry to tell you that this is formal notice of your ejection from the No Longer Completely Unknown Order of Ommhotep The Now Thrice But Usually Never Named, on the grounds that you have caused considerably expense in the stationery department (Don't you know how much getting letterheaded paper costs?) and general consternation in the marketing team.
Don't even mention the guy in the secret handshake department.  Let's just say he's very upset again, ok.  Especially after the last time.

Oops.

Been reading the illustrious Gregor's latest blog post (I'm still trying to work out how he's arrived at his conclusions), which is all about the obvious correlation between "How Many More Times" and the book of Genesis. (How did we not see that coming?  I feel so silly now).

And..... I think I figured some stuff out.

It got me thinking about The Bible, and how the original (probably) Aramaic texts were translated into Hebrew, and the Hebrew translated into Greek and Latin, and the Latin translated into English, and the English re-translated into newer English to make it more 'understandable', and the sheer amount of meaning both lost and added during those subsequent translation processes.   Just think about how many wars the different interpretations of a bit of scripture has caused...

Gregor is Polish.

Gregor is using the sometimes useful, but appallingly unreliable Google Translate to communicate with us, hence his generally bizarre sentence construction,  Actually, probably more accurate to say he was communicating with us - he's been a bit quiet...
Gregor is also using Google Translate to understand the lyrics of the songs, many of which contain colloquialisms and innuendo that will be absolutely lost to the algorithms of Google Translate and probably wouldn't make sense in Polish anyway.

Let's take one line as an example:

Got me a girl and I kissed her and then and then ... 
Whoops, oh Lordy, well I did it again. 

Who the heck knows how this translates into Polish, but when you translate it back to English it becomes:

I had a girlfriend, then kissed her,
God, I did it again

Suddenly we've gone from an exclamation of "whoops!" ("Oh Lordy") to speaking directly to God, which could lead a... malleable mind, shall we say... up the garden path to lala-land.

I'm also assuming that Gregor has not a single clue that to "Barrelhouse" means hanging out at a bar and dancing all night, especially when the line:
"How Many More Times, barrelhouse all night long."
translates as:
"How many times has this hiding all night?"

Looking at the utter mess Google Translate makes of all the other stuff he's 'interpreted' (and I mean that in the loosest possible sense) would probably be moderately entertaining, but I have neither the time nor the patience to do so.  It does bring to mind the Monty Python sketch involving the Swedish to English dictionary. 
If you don't know it, I urge you to check it out.

All in all a cautionary tale about context and language.  If you're going to analyse and attribute meaning to something that's written in a different language, it really is best to get a working knowledge of that language otherwise you're going to tie yourself in linguistic knots (and before anyone says anything smart, that isn't a form of pasta).

And believing that Wikipedia is accurate.  And even worse, using it as a primary and solitary resource of 'knowledge'.

I'm sure there's some other stuff in there too, but I'm too polite to be explicit.

Of course none of this explains the interpretation of the artwork.  But that's a whole other can of worms, and one I don't intend to even try to understand.

20 minutes ago, woz70 said:

Been reading the illustrious Gregor's latest blog post ...

You're wrong. Making exegesis lyrics deliberately I've included the original version - for all, and for the Polish version of the reader. Sens my interpretation refers to the original text, and to a somewhat clumsy translation. You can, therefore, not at all to look at the translation - it does not change anything. After all, if even skip entirely libretto, and limit yourself to listen to only the layers of music, the sense of my interpretation also retains its drama. And therein lies the power transfer music of Led Zepp. Do you have something you did not understand?

I've just run some of what I've written through Google Translate, English-Polish-English.

Let's just say that the phrase 'lost in translation' applies, muchly.

Hilarious!

An example:

"In total Caution about the context and language. If you are going to analyze and attribute that is something that is written in another language, it really is best to have knowledge of this language, otherwise you are going to tie up in knots of language (and before someone says something intelligent, they do not it is a form of pasta)."

6 minutes ago, Gregor said:

You're wrong. Making exegesis lyrics deliberately I've included the original version - for all, and for the Polish version of the reader. Sens my interpretation refers to the original text, and to a somewhat clumsy translation. You can, therefore, not at all to look at the translation - it does not change anything. After all, if even skip entirely libretto, and limit yourself to listen to only the layers of music, the sense of my interpretation also retains its drama. And therein lies the power transfer music of Led Zepp. Do you have something you did not understand?

Only everything you say.
Your interpretation is limited to your own mind.
And that's where it should remain.

3 minutes ago, woz70 said:

Only everything you say.
Your interpretation is limited to your own mind.
And that's where it should stay.

If you my interpretation does not fit, it is your autonomous decision, I'm all for that, I respect her even more - and accept the message.

1 minute ago, Gregor said:

If you my interpretation does not fit, it is your autonomous decision, I'm all for that, I respect her even more - and accept the message.

Your interpretation makes no sense in relation to the material presented in the Led Zeppelin's oeuvre.

It doesn't relate to the music - except to your own ears.  The interpretation of music is entirely subjective, but your interpretations relate uniquely to you.  There doesn't seem to be many/any people who attribute to the music what you do.

It doesn't relate to the lyrics - except if you stretch the imagination to breaking point.  As many of the lyrics from the first albums were taken from extant blues songs, you cannot even attribute their creation to members of the band.  You need to explain how they can possibly encode hidden meaning in someone else's lyrics.

It doesn't relate to the artwork - except by taking it completely out of it's original context and applying your own logic to it.  This is fine, but your explanations of WHY have either been non-existent, circular or simply pitiful.

It doesn't relate to the known characters or beliefs of the members of the band (John Bonham and John Paul Jones's spiritual beliefs are unknown as far as I'm aware.  Robert Plant has been rumoured to be spiritual, but not religious - at least not enough to use lyrics mostly borrowed from earlier blues songs to reinterpret The Bible.  Jimmy Page's spiritual beliefs are certainly far more complex than we can discuss here, but he's more likely to reference the Egyptian Book of The Dead than The Bible), and can therefore be dismissed as complete conjecture unless you can produce evidence that shows otherwise.   Something that, up until now you have been unwilling, or more likely unable to do.

Finally you have at no point answered the very simple question:

WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?

^^^
Woz70 I get what you mean with the translation of one language into another. I put your response
into Google translater and translated it into Polish. I then took the Polish reply and translated it back 
to English. The sentence structure totally gets ransacked - and if you're somebody who likes to add
colourful words like "fuck" then it gets downright screwy.
:lol:

A simple sentence for example: "Do you like Led Zeppelin? They are a fucking great band!"  English to
Polish and back to English translated into  "
Do you like Led Zeppelin? They are a team of horny!"   Another
mistranslation. 
"Are you listening to Led Zeppelin? They are an awesome fucking band! "   LOL :lol: that
became "
Listening to Led Zeppelin? They are an awesome team fucking!"     :blink:

I think whatever Gregor is trying to explain or share with the board is just going around in an endless circle.
The subject matter itself is confusing and then add in a language barrier.  And again I'm not sure if it's the way
Google is translating or how Gregor in general speaks. The responses come across very robotic.

Gregor I don't mean any rudeness towards you.
:console:You're having fun writing your blog obviously and if
Led Zeppelin lyrics remind you of prehistoric events then that's your personal opinion.  Don't be upset that we
relate to the music in some other way okay? :)

Archived