2016 NFL Thread

Walter

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Why don't you get a set of stones and cheer for your team?  For Gods sake!   Go LIONS!!!!  That is what you should be saying just like I am. I say Matt Stafford can take this Green Bay team down.  The lions need to play D like they did in New Orleans.  If they do that, they win.  

It's hard to keep the faith Rick.....very hard.  I lost the only stone I had left at last year's "Miracle in Motown".  The first one was stolen years ago by Sterling Sharpe.  :)

1 hour ago, Bong-Man said:

It's hard to keep the faith Rick.....very hard.  I lost the only stone I had left at last year's "Miracle in Motown".  The first one was stolen years ago by Sterling Sharpe.  :)

That totally sucked last year.  Cost me fucking money to boot.  Unreal.  I say the Lions are going to ream their ass's tonight.  Look at all the crazy scores today.   So much for Striders big bad Raiders.  LOL.  Getting whacked in Denver.   I am going to hand him and Paul their shovels to dig the graves  for their teams after I dig one for the Bills.  So much for that poor fucker that had delusions of coaching the team today.  One and done..  Go Lions!!!!!!!  Hail to the Chiefs, another team that is currently fucking me.  At least I can count on the Falcons most of the time.  The track meet is on.  Falcons should prevail.  

The Falcons will get some damn respect one of these days.  It may take a win in Dallas?  Its not like Dallas has won anything in recent history either.  Atlanta seems to lack the respect.  Same with KC.  Two teams that could be far more dangerous than anticipated.

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Redskins are losing.  does this put the Lions in no matter?  And Green Bay?????

33 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

It would appear that the Raiders are a dead team walking. A real shame, because I thought either Oakland or KC had the best shot at knocking off the Pats.

KC or Pittsburgh, IMO.  We all know how the hoodie aims to take out the biggest weapon, but those two teams have 2 or 3 serious options.  The Pats offense is rollin' with so many options, they'll be tough to handle for sure!  

Looking forward to the Cowboys being a lot healthier in a couple of weeks.  The defense in particular has been missing a number of pieces for the past month.  They should all be back for whomever shows up in the divisional round.  Glad we got through today without any injuries and also saw Romo can still deliver the goods without much prep.  Smart to bring him in during the game to get that "off the bench" feel he'll experience, if he plays in the playoffs.  Dallas won't play another game outside of Texas this season.  Hopefully 3 more.

Cousins really did his part, going after a long term contract today....  Skins out!  Bong-Man in!  Giants at Green Bay would be very intriguing next week!

50 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

It would appear that the Raiders are a dead team walking. A real shame, because I thought either Oakland or KC had the best shot at knocking off the Pats.

I say KC   I am glad the Lions are in!  Thanks to the Giants barring a miracle in the next few seconds.  So tonight is for the division.  Go Lions!

2 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

So--if I'm reading this right--Detroit is in the tournament no matter who wins tonight. And the Falcons will be the #2 seed. Should be a good game tonight...

Detroit and Green Bay are in.  The winner are the division champs and the loser are a Wild  Card as the Redskins blew it.  And the Falcons fucked me royal.  Let New Orleans back door my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wub:

Feel bad for Strider's Raiders.  They lose a bye week, home field for the divisional round and their top 2 qb's in a matter of 8 days....  That backup looks like a broken collarbone or separated shoulder to me.  

Lions up!!!!!  Ole  Ole Ole!!!!!!!!:hurrah:

Another one bites the dust as Chip Kelly joins Rex Ryan and his bro at the nearest watering hole.  I think Fitz (Ryan Fitzpatrick) ,may have played his last game.  He said he may not want to ride the bench anywhere and the Jets are not going to re sign  him.  He has been a very good warrior and I do  respect him.

At least 6 and likely 7 teams will be looking for new coaches.  Indy meets with owners today and I would believe he is gone?  The Rams are looking to talk to Doug Marrone, the prick that walked out on us.  But I would say he is a good choice and is capable.  I still do not know why he walked here.  Maybe a few players of higher status had a problem with him?  He was 9-7 and things were looking up.  No way do I want the bum that got waxed by the Jets.  No way.  So Bills, Jags, 49ers, Browns, Denver, LA and maybe Indy are looking for coaches.  Maybe more?  I am wondering if Coughlin is thinking about returning?  He would be one of the very top names.  But if not, who?  I doubt Saban would ever go pro.  I think the Bills have given Doug Whaley too much rope.  If keeping him as the GM is a mistake, we are in real trouble.   This draft likely tells the tale.  And whatever he does in free agency.

So Strider, what do the Raiders do?  At least they get Houston.  A team that to me is lucky to be in.  If the Bills were in that division Rex Ryan is likely still employed.  They cant score but they do have a pretty good D.  So this could be the best under bet of the year.  I am going to see now what the number is. I am going to guess 34 or so?   No its 37!!!!   Like it under.   As for the Dolphins they are getting 10!!!  Yes, Pittsburgh is minus 10.  Giants getting 3 1/2 at Green Bay.  I will take the G men.  Lions getting 7 1/2 and to me they are still dangerous as they proved when they went to New Orleans.  If their top safety is 100% it might be huge.  Seattle has not been themselves.  So  it sure looks like KC will to to NE for the AFC title game.  If so, KC has a huge chance IMO>  If Atlanta survives the first game and winds up in Dallas, it might be a shootout of huge proportions.  And a rookie vs Matt Ryan

Whats wrong  with this picture?

Oakland 12-4  AT  Houston 9-7!!!!   Really?  Time to change the rules

Rick, didn't KC lose to Tennessee two weeks ago - at home no less?  

Rex Ryan needs to go back doing what he, Wade Phillips, Rob Miranelli, etc do best - be a defensive coordinator, only.  His locker rooms become toxic when he is the head coach.  2 for 2.

59 minutes ago, Walter said:

Rick, didn't KC lose to Tennessee two weeks ago - at home no less?  

Rex Ryan needs to go back doing what he, Wade Phillips, Rob Miranelli, etc do best - be a defensive coordinator, only.  His locker rooms become toxic when he is the head coach.  2 for 2.

His decision to bring his stupid brother in sealed his fate.  And the Bills fate.  I do not like the guy that got greased by the Jets yesterday.  That game should be his walking ticket.  The Rams are going  to interview him.  Marrone is the smart choice for the Rams and I have no idea still why he walked out on us.  Being the smallest market I think maybe the pay was part of it.  But he was at least a head coach.  I am not sure Rex Ryan will coach again?  It will not be in NY State. I believe at least 6 vacancies exist and maybe 7 depending on what Indy does.  I  am not sure what they will do?  Just look at the job Marrone did in two weeks in Jacksonville.  A win and then almost two wins.  With a team that was what, 2-11?  Marrone is good.  I do hate the prick for him walking on us especially since he had a good thing going. He went 9-7 with EJ and before Tyrod was ever on board.  I say EJ is gone after yesterday.  I think we have to keep Tyrod.  He gives the Bills a shot to win with McCoy and Watkins.  Build the offensive line and fix the defense.  The coach can fix the defense quickly if they get a cornerback and get rid of fucking Gilmore's sorry ass.

I am taking the Raiders with 3 points over the Texans if George Plimpton is the QB.  And Under.  And taking the G men to take down Green Bay and set up the big network matchup at Dallas.  The weight of the world will be on Preston.  One early pick and the chants of "Romo" will ring down.  I wonder what Jerry Jones is saying to his coach?  Maybe, "do you think we are doing the right thing going with a rookie?"  Did he really bring them to the dance?  Or was it the guy with the name of a prophet from the old testament?  And I think that a game between the Falcons and Seahawks will be very interesting.

Archived