2016 NFL Thread

Walter

12 hours ago, California Evermore said:

I really hope the Rams are successful in LA, again.  They should have never left.  I hope the Raiders find a way to stay in Oakland, as well.  

Amen to that.  And other than when they play Buffalo I am going to be rooting for them big time.  Tonight there is a game i am concerned with.  The Bet Us site has given out a free $50 bet to former and present customers.  So they send me my free bet and I had to pick tonights Dallas at Seattle game.  No line in Vegas presently and likely because they have no clue who Seattle will play?   Now Dallas has this backup QB that is lighting up the place.  So in pre season usually the team that would win in the regular season wins.  Unless its New England as they try to win even in pre season, and I do not know or care why.  I picked Seattle and immediately regretted the decision.  I am sure I  am toast.  But who knows.  

13 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Amen to that.  And other than when they play Buffalo I am going to be rooting for them big time.  Tonight there is a game i am concerned with.  The Bet Us site has given out a free $50 bet to former and present customers.  So they send me my free bet and I had to pick tonights Dallas at Seattle game.  No line in Vegas presently and likely because they have no clue who Seattle will play?   Now Dallas has this backup QB that is lighting up the place.  So in pre season usually the team that would win in the regular season wins.  Unless its New England as they try to win even in pre season, and I do not know or care why.  I picked Seattle and immediately regretted the decision.  I am sure I  am toast.  But who knows.  

Dallas doesn't play Seattle until next week.

58 minutes ago, Walter said:

Dallas doesn't play Seattle until next week.

I just saw that its Thurs night.  Somehow they made me think it was tonight.  Nonetheless, I have Seattle in a game that means very little but given how well Dallas backup guy has played, I picked the wrong team perhaps?  I do not know how long the regulars will play?   As in most pre season affairs.  Logic would say to take Dallas so I went against logic in pre season.  In a regular season game, Seattle would right no be a TD favorite at home no doubt

The starters usually play the entire 1st half in the 3rd preseason games.  Last night Miami played their first team pretty much the entire first half, but not Dallas.  So you can take away whatever you want from that.  I think you were right earlier on your Miami call and I was overestimating them a bit.

29 minutes ago, Walter said:

The starters usually play the entire 1st half in the 3rd preseason games.  Last night Miami played their first team pretty much the entire first half, but not Dallas.  So you can take away whatever you want from that.  I think you were right earlier on your Miami call and I was overestimating them a bit.

Their defensive front unit is scary.  The rest of the team not so much.  

Goose eggs across the board for the G Men.   Ha.   Buffalo kicks some ass!!!!!    Bills 21     NY Giants 0

I likek our chances far more that nobody is giving us a rats ass of a chance.  Just like when Thurman Thomas came out of no where.  Maybe this is the year they break though?  I think its entirely possible.   A tough opener in Baltimore.  Flacco.   Tyrod vs his old buddies.  If you see this Esther are you going to the opener?

Really tough to know how good the Rams could be?  I hope better than expected.  The same goes for the Bills.  I believe we are better than the Jets or Miami and no so called expert that picks us for third place knows shit.  I do think Oakland could get in this year, but I am not 100% convinced they are so good just yet.  The Rams do have Gurley. . He is an animal.  Here is to the rise of the Bills and Rams

It truly sucks about Romo. I hate to see that in pre season.  The backup guy that has such high praise is going to get his shot it seems 

20 hours ago, zepscoda said:

I'm hearing Romo broke a bone in his back.

Yep.  Hope Dak is ready to become the permanent replacement.  He's looked great, even against the Seahawks first team D, but......its only preseason.  No comparison to what's waiting for him on week 1 against the Giants.  The team has looked good in all three games, even if the record doesn't reflect it.  When the players who will make the roster are out there, they've outplayed their opponents.  Do need to go out and get a backup qb though.  Showers isn't going to be able to do the job, if needed.

4 minutes ago, Walter said:

Yep.  Hope Dak is ready to become the permanent replacement.  He's looked great, even against the Seahawks first team D, but......its only preseason.  No comparison to what's waiting for him on week 1 against the Giants.  The team has looked good in all three games, even if the record doesn't reflect it.  When the players who will make the roster are out there, they've outplayed their opponents.  Do need to go out and get a backup qb though.  Showers isn't going to be able to do the job, if needed.

I do not get the so called experts that pick the Giants to win the East and now CBS is trashing them.  There seems to be no certainty in that division and even the Redskins might be a player.  The Giants D is not Seattle's so pre season or not its a good sign.  But Romo was really coming into his own.  Its too bad for him.  One of the Boys I like   I hate the Giants so I don't care.  

I am wondering how New England is going to play without Tom terrific?  I say Arizona should pound them.  We have the misfortune of having to play them at home week 3.  Arizona that is.  Week 4 we go to NE and no Brady.  It would be a real joke not to win that one.  But now that Dareus chose the weed over the team who knows. If they go South, its Go Rams

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a life-long Vikings fan.  I really hate what happened to Teddy Bridgewater.  He is such a quality young man and I had high hopes for him this year.  I do wish him a speedy recovery and and long career.  While I think the Vikings gave up too much for Bradford, I am hopeful that he can and will step in by Week 2 or 3 and help lead this talented team as far as they can go.  

We shall see Sean!  Dak is from Mississippi State.  Had an unbelievable preseason, as I'm sure you've heard about.  They'll keep him in shotgun all day today.  Zeke will get a lot of work, but if you think the Giants will be able to stack the box....Dez, Williams, Beasley and Witten will make plays.  Plus Adam can run it too and everyone says he's calm under pressure.  I'm ready to move on from Romo, personally.

9 hours ago, Strider said:

Hmmm...The Patriots win and the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins lose. Same old, same old. 

I've seen this movie before.

So much for the sky falling in New England.

NE Sports Radio ranged from "he's the second coming of Christ" to "he was absolutely terrible, just one TD".  Too much hyperbole!

The season is young...but Garappolo is writing his resume, so we'll see what he does.  

Archived