2016 NFL Thread

Walter

The injuries for the Bills could not be worse or more untimely.  Personally I think they need to get them better, perhaps conceding the NE and Seattle games and then going guns a blazing for a run the table from then on mentality to get the wild card or maybe more if NE should stumble down the road.   WE are without our major players and  thus Miami took advantage.  Miami and the Jets together cannot beat the Bills if they are healthy.   And if we had all hands on deck we can beat NE at home also.  BUT, I have no idea if McCoy can play?  I know Watkins is out a month and that sucks.  Dareus is up in the air   If he can play then we can throw a good defensive line at them.  It can be a difference maker.  We are terribly thin at receiver.  Do not be surprised if Buffalo picks up a guy on the wire this week.   Not sure who is available?

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2016/10/25/report-lions-trade-kyle-van-noy-patriots/92733172/

The Lions dump yet another 2nd round pick by trading him for a 6th round pick and giving up a 7th.    Not exactly winning football math.  Normally this would piss me off, but it's actually a good sign.  The Lions are notorious for not realizing their mistakes and moving on.  The old regime would have kept this dead weight on our roster for 5 years trying to justify their draft.  Same goes for #1 picks TE Ebron and Guard Tomlinson.  Both are losing playing time and will be dumped.     

Mathew Stafford deserves every bit of the accolades he's now receiving.  Nothing has come easy, yet the progression has been steady.  He's also turned himself from a marshmallow to a tough guy that can take a hit.  He's also doing it with a running game that doesn't exist.  We aren't going anywhere because of our defense, but he's the least of our problems.  I'm not used to winning NFL games because the veteran QB is now actually on our side, yet that's the only reason we won the last two weeks.  Anquan Boldin was a great pick-up for Stafford.  He's lost a step, but he can still get you 7 yards across the middle like the tight end he's never had. 

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2016/10/25/report-lions-trade-kyle-van-noy-patriots/92733172/

The Lions dump yet another 2nd round pick by trading him for a 6th round pick and giving up a 7th.    Not exactly winning football math.  Normally this would piss me off, but it's actually a good sign.  The Lions are notorious for not realizing their mistakes and moving on.  The old regime would have kept this dead weight on our roster for 5 years trying to justify their draft.  Same goes for #1 picks TE Ebron and Guard Tomlinson.  Both are losing playing time and will be dumped.     

Mathew Stafford deserves every bit of the accolades he's now receiving.  Nothing has come easy, yet the progression has been steady.  He's also turned himself from a marshmallow to a tough guy that can take a hit.  He's also doing it with a running game that doesn't exist.  We aren't going anywhere because of our defense, but he's the least of our problems.  I'm not used to winning NFL games because the veteran QB is now actually on our side, yet that's the only reason we won the last two weeks.  Anquan Boldin was a great pick-up for Stafford.  He's lost a step, but he can still get you 7 yards across the middle like the tight end he's never had. 

If New England wants him Belichick must know something Detroit doesn't. Or maybe this is a case of a former Patriot helping them out? Either way, if I am trading with New England I would be worried I'm getting fleeced somehow. It's like when Jerry West was GM of the Lakers.

McCoy is listed as doubtful.  Rex Ryan said he was more likely last week and we know how that turned out.  This truly SUCKS!!!!   We have  a very good team when healthy.  I think we must almost concede defeat in reality the next two weeks vs NE and then at Seattle.  But we must use the time to get thee guys healthy as the schedule after that is for sure possible for us to run the table so to speak.  It is a very good possibility we can run the table after these two games and get a Wild Card at least.  The AFC is not deep this year.  Its ripe for the picking and the 4 game winning streak helps.  Even though we lost games to teams we should have beaten.  I am going to expect the worst but hope for the best this weekend.  This is the NFL.  And the old saying "on any given Sunday" is a true saying.  I believe that either Cleveland or San Diego will pull off an upset.  Many have taken Denver in that game and I would not be shocked a bit to see Phillip Rivers do a number on the Broncos.  They went into Atlanta and won.  So if they can do that, they can beat Denver.   Man do I need Atlanta to change the historic trend and win.  I do not see this very good team losing two in a row at home.  I picked San Diego to catch them napping.  It took one hell of a game to pull it off.  Now a focused Atlanta team in my opinion can decimate a very over rated Green Bay team.  Go Falcons.  Go Bills!!!!  Go Browns!

10 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

What I want to know is did anyone waste their time watching the Thursday Night StinkBowl?

Ha!!!!  Are you kidding.  Flipping through to a movie channel I may have stopped in to check the score, that was it.  What nut job makes the schedules?  I mean, Chicago is on prime time like 5 times!!!!!!!   WHY WHY WHY????  The Jets also?  This is a joke.  The NHL, NBA and MLB are all much wiser.

^^ And the NFL might be wondering why ratings are down--putting those Mutt teams on in primetime.

But--as I said before--maybe the ratings will improve once the election & the World Series are over--of course, most of the actual games being garbage doesn't help matters either...

23 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

What I want to know is did anyone waste their time watching the Thursday Night StinkBowl?

Hell no. The Thursday games are turkeys...made worse by forcing the teams to wear those popsicle uniforms. 

The ratings are down because the quality of play is down. There are a lot of bad teams playing bad football...and even the supposed good teams are stinking it up. Carolina, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Seattle...I mean, what the fuck was that Sunday night game between Seattle and Arizona? Total imcompetence.

Roger Goodell will go down as the man who killed the golden goose. The Thursday games on short rest and incesssant London games adding to the stress have affected the quality of play and put players at risk of more injury.

People have seen thru the NFL's propaganda and recognize these games as pure money-grabs and nothing more. The people have tired of it...it's too much substandard product. Sunday and Monday night is enough football.

On top of that, Goodell's wasting of time and money on deflated footballs and player celebrations, while ignoring the serious domestic violence abuse cases in his midst, has sickened most normal objective observers. The latest incident involving the NY Giants player is just more fuel for the fire. The NFL looks callous, careless, and just plain stupid to a lot of people, especially women, these days. 

For a long time people have considered the NFL indominatable, impervious to scandal and harm. But there is only so much hubris people will take when the quality of your product is obviously falling and you show a disturbing disregard to the criminal element in your midst.

I'm not saying we have reached the tipping point yet. But if ratings continue to be flat or fall even more, Goodell might be on the hot seat.

The ONLY  reason we are down 4 points right now is that fucking sack of shit Gilmore.  I wish we would just get rid of him.  Blown coverage on the bomb by Brady.  But they are waking up.  Just sacked Brady twice and just got a TD.  With a bunch of no name guys in there for McCoy and Sammy Watkins who are OUT..   Go Bills!

Standing by my hunch that the Browns might win this week?  So far they are still winning vs the lousy Jets

A TIE GAME AGAIN!!!!  Washington kicker blows a sure win for the Redskins.  

I hope they fire Rex Ryan and get a real coach.  Once again they do not cover the guy everyone in the stadium but Ryan knows who will get the ball

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Another effin' tie. Thanks a lot Taters. ?

FU Roger Goodell! FU! FU! FU! FU!

I cant believe Cleveland.  That coach should go.  As for my Bills, don't be fooled by the score.  The refs called every fucking play against us  Bad enough we had all of our stars not playing.  McCoy and Watkins being the most glaring injuries.  But they do not have to hep NE.  They get hit out of bounds, flag.  WE get hit out of bounds, no flag.  Its a joke

43 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

As for my Bills, don't be fooled by the score.  

never fooled by that p Rick....just glad you enjoy all those championships up there...

don't worry friend...i'm still "rootin' for ya ;)

2 hours ago, Metta said:

never fooled by that p Rick....just glad you enjoy all those championships up there...

don't worry friend...i'm still "rootin' for ya ;)

I want the Falcons to take this ball in.  Walter, if you are reading, how short a leash do you think Dak has with Romo now ready?  i am personally in favor of putting Romo back in.  But who am I?  Not my team for one.  But if I am  a Dallas fan I would want Romo. 

A Green Bay loss makes for a great weekend.  If my Vikings bounce back tomorrow night against the Bears, then it will be a banner week of football for me.  

Thought we were going to have a second tie of the day in the Raiders-Bucs game.  Glad to see the Raiders pull out the win. 

Man, the Patriots are such a well-oiled machine, and Tom Brady is just a leader among men.  Peyton Manning himself will look back one day and tell his kids how he got to play during the Brady era. 

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Yeah, I didn't see any of yesterday's action, but with Dak rolling & no real superpowers in the NFL this year, why fuck up a good thing. In spite of Jerrah, I don't see how the hell you can bench Dak for Romo now...

You need to watch like this, paul...that way you don't miss a second of baseball or football. ?⚾

20161030_174216.jpg

9 hours ago, Walter said:

The train kept-a-rollin all night long....Cowboys are now 6-1 after over coming a 4th quarter 10 point deficit.  Dak to the future! 

The way i see it , If Romo had been in that OT game last night , some how , some way he would have screwed it up , He's done it time and time again .  Definitely Dak!  Playoff bound...

1 hour ago, Wally Hood said:

The way i see it , If Romo had been in that OT game last night , some how , some way he would have screwed it up , He's done it time and time again .  Definitely Dak!  Playoff bound...

image.jpg

Archived