2016 NFL Thread

Walter

Of all the weekends for Paul to go missing...the week Miami picks up a rare win by beating San Diego in San Diego!

Phillip Rivers had me cursing the tv as he threw interception after interception after interception. All of them terrible throws...the kind you go "WTF?" and throw your hands in the air. Rivers is toast...San Diego needs to start thinking about another quarterback for the future. They ain't winning shit with Rivers. That window is closed. Overrated his entire career by the idiots at ESPN.

When your QB is outperformed by Tannehill it's time to look elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Of all the weekends for Paul to go missing...the week Miami picks up a rare win by beating San Diego in San Diego!

Phillip Rivers had me cursing the tv as he threw interception after interception after interception. All of them terrible throws...the kind you go "WTF?" and throw your hands in the air. Rivers is toast...San Diego needs to start thinking about another quarterback for the future. They ain't winning shit with Rivers. That window is closed. Overrated his entire career by the idiots at ESPN.

When your QB is outperformed by Tannehill it's time to look elsewhere.

Where is Paul? Has he surfaced?  I will look about

38 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I'm back & I'm going with the G-Men tonight--although, I'm sure something better will be on tv to watch.

And Tony Romo, say hello to "riding the pine" for the rest of the season...  :D

Aha! Welcome back, Paul! We missed ya'.

By the way, speaking of Romo, Walter and every Cowboy fan should get on their knees and thank the Seattle Seahawks for knocking Romo out in the preseason. If that had not happened, who knows where the Cowboys would be now? Dallas should vote Seattle a playoff share for saving their season. :P

21 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

So, now that the World Series and the election are done, has there been any further updates on the NFL ratings. Has business picked up or is the NFL continuing to slide?

If last weekend didn't stop the slide, then the NFL has a problem. Last weekend was the best so far of the season. Incredible endings to Denver @ New Orleans and Dallas @ Pittsburgh games, followed by the first real good prime time game of the year between real teams: Seattle @ New England.

But most of the NFL still consists of junk like Rams vs. Jets...a 9-6 bore-a-thon. Oh look...this week it's Rams vs. Dolphins. Another snoozer between two teams with no rivalry.

The NFL has only itself to blame for putting shite like the Bears and Jets and Jacksonville on tv all the time. NOBODY wants to see the Jackoffs in London all the time..not even the English. Especially not the English!

Roger Goodell. Worst commissioner in sports.

5 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

So, now that the World Series and the election are done, has there been any further updates on the NFL ratings. Has business picked up or is the NFL continuing to slide?

Here you go Paul...here is a Forbes article to reiterate my point: Put on good football and people will watch.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexreimer/2016/11/14/nfl-tv-ratings-rebound-shows-viewership-is-dictated-by-quality-of-play/#3207994d5277

Walter, I saw an interesting stat on the ESPN crawl while watching the USC vs. UCLA game last night: Dallas has never beaten the Baltimore Ravens. Ever...they are 0-4 against the Black Birds.

You know what they say...'There's a first time for everything'. ;)

52 minutes ago, Strider said:

Walter, I saw an interesting stat on the ESPN crawl while watching the USC vs. UCLA game last night: Dallas has never beaten the Baltimore Ravens. Ever...they are 0-4 against the Black Birds.

You know what they say...'There's a first time for everything'. ;)

Just not today...  :P

Just looking at the current standings--a lot of mediocrity polluting the league this year. Maybe another reason why ratings were down--who would have ever thought the AFC West would be the best division in football. 

No disrespect Sean, but I don't believe anyone had the Raiders being 7-2 after nine games...

10 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Cavs win the Finals, Indians go to the World Series, and the Browns may run the table in reverse. Some things in life are just certain--death, taxes and the Browns sucking ass....

:rolleyes:

Their offense sucks.  Our defense sucks cock right now.  Cincy on the 2 yard line with Bills up 10-6.  By the time I type this?  Stopped  3rd and goal

Archived