2016 NFL Thread

Walter

23 hours ago, Strider said:

Detroit has been behind in the 4th quarter of every game this season yet somehow are 6-4. That doesn't bode well for the playoffs. Eventually, your luck catches up with you. Damn, Bong-Man, how do you survive all those nailbiters? 

NFL Rookie of the Year: Zeke or Dak?

Make that 7.  In Stafford we trust.

Talk about some terrible officiating.  The call to keep the clock running at the end of the 1st half when the receiver clearly got out of bounds was just atrocious.  What are you looking at ?

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Nothing unusual so far today, with the exception of Rick's Bills losing to the Jag-wads. I'm guessing Rick is going to hit the ceiling--if he hasn't already....

:D

How was your blood-pressure on that last SF drive Paul?

3 minutes ago, Strider said:

How was your blood-pressure on that last SF drive Paul?

A little too thrilling for my tastes--especially that great catch by San Fran that put them on the 6 yd line. But--overall-I think I've resigned myself to the fact that even if the Fins get a Wild Card, they will be unceremoniously bounced in that one game....

:unsure: 

Well, I won't make up ground on Junior this week. In fact, I lost the two games I advanced last week. To catch the guy at top requires taking certain risks. You just can't keep picking the same teams.

So this week my two calculated risks were taking Chicago and Houston at home. I had a hunch Junior would take Tennessee and San Diego and I was correct. 

Houston laid an egg, of course. San Diego is one of those up-and-down teams that can look awful at times, but Houston lacks the coach and quarterback to take advantage.

As for Chicago, I just caught up on the last few minutes of the game. Who knew Matt Barkley was in the NFL?!? :blink:

I lost track of him after USC and had no idea he was at Chicago. But damn if he didn't almost win this for the Bears. Of course, the Bears receivers dropped two sure touchdown passes in the closing seconds that would have won the game for Chicago. Knuckleheads. Where was starter Jay Cutler anyway? Was he hurt?

These are the games that have you tearing your hair out.

41 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Wow, I just thought of my favorite Vince Lombardi clip as I saw the score for the Seahawks game.

34 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Jets beating the Pats (so far)... don't know if I should be happy about or not. Two teams that I can't stand....

:unsure: 

Both games are classic 'trap-games'. Seattle is banged up, missing starters, playing 3,000 miles away against a more desperate-to-win opponent. Seattle has a huge cushion in NFC West with Lambs, Cards, 49ers all losing earlier today.

Hmmm....My Lions face a real quarterback this week.  In fact, Brees, Prescott, Manning, and Rodgers are on the schedule horizon.  We really haven't played very many good quarterbacks this year, and our secondary is ripe for a scolding....probably by some tight-ends.  Nothing is ever guaranteed in Lion Land !  :lol:

46 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Hmmm....My Lions face a real quarterback this week.  In fact, Brees, Prescott, Manning, and Rodgers are on the schedule horizon.  We really haven't played very many good quarterbacks this year, and our secondary is ripe for a scolding....probably by some tight-ends.  Nothing is ever guaranteed in Lion Land !  :lol:

To me this line of New Orleans being 4 1/2 pt favorites is a joke.   Detroit has a defense and New Orleans does not.  I will take the Lions.  Though they no doubt will give you a heart attack watching it.  I say they rally and beat them late.  The Lions are the better team easily.  I am all for them winning the division.  As for my Bills they are getting plenty of respect in Vegas.  3 pt dogs in Oakland.  Beware Strider.   This will be very tough.  McCoy is a beast and he is ready fella!!!

This is where I sit for Lions' games.  My buddy has had tickets in the family since 1969 at Tiger Stadium, and is nice enough to take me to a couple games a year.  Ford Field is too cheap to have an over-head play camera, so they use a scissor-lift that rolls down the sidelines.  Because of that, my buddy gets half of the end-zone action blocked, and has to watch the big screen.  I told him he should take a pic and send it to Martha Ford.

20150903_195559.jpg

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

To me this line of New Orleans being 4 1/2 pt favorites is a joke.   Detroit has a defense and New Orleans does not.  I will take the Lions.  Though they no doubt will give you a heart attack watching it.  I say they rally and beat them late.  The Lions are the better team easily.  I am all for them winning the division.  As for my Bills they are getting plenty of respect in Vegas.  3 pt dogs in Oakland.  Beware Strider.   This will be very tough.  McCoy is a beast and he is ready fella!!!

Not even close to the last Lions vs. Vikings game.  Bookies had the Lions getting 7.5 points.  They say professional bettors only wager on a handful of games a year....that was one of them.  I think that's your Bills in the pic.  Saw them 4 times in 3 years.

5 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Not even close to the last Lions vs. Vikings game.  Bookies had the Lions getting 7.5 points.  They say professional bettors only wager on a handful of games a year....that was one of them.  I think that's your Bills in the pic.  Saw them 4 times in 3 years.

5 Dimes and Bet Us are the off shore accounts I have.  They had the Lions minus 3.   But how the hell can the Saints be favored over the Lions?  Unreal.  I hope Stafford lights them up. I like the Lions.  Bills are my team.  Then the LA Rams and then the Lions.  Ralph Wilson liked the Lions as he lived in Detroit.  I hope they win this damn division this year.  I believe they will.  They have a trip to Dallas late in the year.  A playoff preview perhaps.  I like the Lions and Seattle both to beat Dallas in the playoffs.  Go Lions.  And Go Bills in Oakland.  Into the Black hole we go. And we are going to kick us some damn ass!!!!!

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 11:46 AM, Bong-Man said:

This is where I sit for Lions' games.  My buddy has had tickets in the family since 1969 at Tiger Stadium, and is nice enough to take me to a couple games a year.  Ford Field is too cheap to have an over-head play camera, so they use a scissor-lift that rolls down the sidelines.  Because of that, my buddy gets half of the end-zone action blocked, and has to watch the big screen.  I told him he should take a pic and send it to Martha Ford.

20150903_195559.jpg

Awsome seats !!

Don't think so.  But a good defense always gives you concern.  I don't think they've seen an offense as good as they're gonna see tonight - even if their own offense runs the same scheme and uses the same terminology.  They don't have that o-line, Zeke, Dez, or Dak to practice against, IMO.  We'll see shortly.....

Archived