2016 NFL Thread

Walter

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

It was looking like the Bills might "boat-race" the Raiders & in minutes, it's a 1-point game with plenty of time left. Good game from what I'm seeing flipping between that & the Steelers game....

That freak show that is Rex Ryan's brother has to go and go now!!!!!  He cost us the game and likely the season.  How do you fucking collapse when you are kicking their ass 24-9 to that degree?  I have never seen a Bills team simply collapse like that.  EVER.  Sure there were the 9 turnovers by the very good team that lost in Pasadena to the Boys.  But that was far different.  This was a blown coverage type defense all over the place.  Ryan did not bring the  defense together  like a real coach would have.  Instead he simply watched the carnage unfold.  Fucking incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!! McCoy is the best back in football.  Its not close.  He is the best running back in the game.  Tyrod, looked very average in the second half.  I am disgusted with him too.

Have this crazy Seattle game on.  They just scored and there are lots of crazy plays.  TD Seattle.  

As for my Eliminator, 25 bit the dust.  Most on New Orleans, a game that delighted me, and some on  Atlanta.  A game that surprised me.  The fact KC is able to play so many consecutive good games on the road tells me they are a real force.  Maybe that was the Super Bowl preview?  Not impossible.  I know Walter has Dallas in it already, but I am not so sure with a rookie QB and they have many big tests coming.  The sleeper in all of this now are the Detroit Lions.  

So there are 97 of us left and $16K sitting there waiting!!!

WHOA!!!!  SO ANSWER ME THIS!!!!!  KC RUNS BACK THE TWO PT CONVERSION ATTEMPT BY ATLANTA.  SO KC GETS TWO PTS INSTEAD?  HOW DOES THAT WORK?

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I had a feeling that tonight's game, the Hawks could have thrown their helmets and pads on the field and they would win...  :D

Besides the Pats, Falcons and Tampa Bay, Seattle had an easy ass schedule. There's no competition against their bragadoccio. My girlfriend wants me to 'at least pretend' that I like the Seahawks at an upcoming Christmas dinner with all Seahawk fans. :lol:

NIners couldn't even beat the lowly Bears.

Next week I am already on the Detroit Lions to maul the Bears.   The Lions play them home on Turf.  Are you kidding me.  A track meet?  The Lions sure proved the doubters wrong yesterday.  Beat the hell out of New Orleans.  Shut them down.  Knocked 25 Turkeys out of my Eliminator.  Thank you Lions.  I have the Lions and Denver in my bank still to use. 

LETS ALL CIRCLE THAT UPCOMING GAME BETWEEN THE BOYS  AND LIONS!!!!!  WHAT A GAME

22 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

It was looking like the Bills might "boat-race" the Raiders & in minutes, it's a 1-point game with plenty of time left. Good game from what I'm seeing flipping between that & the Steelers game....

Because of my crazy schedule I did not see one-minute of football yesterday. Had to catch up on highlights this morning.

19 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

WHOA!!!!  SO ANSWER ME THIS!!!!!  KC RUNS BACK THE TWO PT CONVERSION ATTEMPT BY ATLANTA.  SO KC GETS TWO PTS INSTEAD?  HOW DOES THAT WORK?

Come on Rick, it has always been thus. It happened a couple weeks ago when Denver blocked New Orleans' PAT attempt that would have won the game and instead allowed Denver to score the winning 2-points.

The point-after is not the same as a field goal. It's not a down play...it is a play separate from the norm of the game, so if the defense scores it's only a two-point conversion for them.

The Lions sure proved the doubters wrong yesterday.  Beat the hell out of New Orleans.  Shut them down.  Knocked 25 Turkeys out of my Eliminator.  Thank you Lions.  I have the Lions and Denver in my bank still to use. 

I kept waiting for the collapse, and it never came.  Great game by Stafford.  Our defense is getting better.  Sure would be something to win a 4 team division for the first time in 23 years.  (think about that a second)

I sure hope Cleveland pulls an upset somewhere.  The Lions ineptitude of 2008 and the last 50 years should stand alone, not be shared.

On December 4, 2016 at 9:33 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

That freak show that is Rex Ryan's brother has to go and go now!!!!!  He cost us the game and likely the season.  How do you fucking collapse when you are kicking their ass 24-9 to that degree?  I have never seen a Bills team simply collapse like that.  EVER.  Sure there were the 9 turnovers by the very good team that lost in Pasadena to the Boys.  But that was far different.  This was a blown coverage type defense all over the place.  Ryan did not bring the  defense together  like a real coach would have.  Instead he simply watched the carnage unfold.  Fucking incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!! McCoy is the best back in football.  Its not close.  He is the best running back in the game.  Tyrod, looked very average in the second half.  I am disgusted with him too.

I know Walter has Dallas in it already, but I am not so sure with a rookie QB and they have many big tests coming.  The sleeper in all of this now are the Detroit Lions.  

You don't know shit! ;)   Dallas in the Super Bowl is no lock, far too many good teams and football luck to get through first.  You'll get your playoff preview of Dallas/Detroit in 3 weeks. McCoy the best rb in football, no way.  Top 5 at best.

16 hours ago, Strider said:

Because of my crazy schedule I did not see one-minute of football yesterday. Had to catch up on highlights this morning.

Come on Rick, it has always been thus. It happened a couple weeks ago when Denver blocked New Orleans' PAT attempt that would have won the game and instead allowed Denver to score the winning 2-points.

The point-after is not the same as a field goal. It's not a down play...it is a play separate from the norm of the game, so if the defense scores it's only a two-point conversion for them.

Yet another new rule.  In the old days a failed conversion could not be turned into points.  More bullshit.  

On my Eliminator, I am 13 for 13 with 98 of us left.  So this week I see two slam dunks.  Detroit over Chicago which is my number one choice an Cincy over Cleveland I have available.  Also available are the all of a sudden Colts vs Houston and Tampa over New Orleans?  I say the Lions are even safer than Cincy.   What do you all think?

5 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Go with the sure bet, which for me would be the Lions.

I agree.  I can see the Bengals screwing things up unless Cleveland is now in "Tank Mode" for the ensured number one pick?  But I do not think anyone is even within reach of them?

12 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Does even the city of Cleveland deserve having 0-16 hung on them--I think not & I have not looked at the Browns remaining schedule either, but it's hard to imagine who they could beat...

Cincy at home?  Certainly not the mighty Bills in Buffalo?   It is sad to see Cleveland in this mess.  Buts its even sadder to imagine that they were in the playoffs more recently than my Bills?  I do not remember it.  I only remember the 'Music City Miracle" that ended Rob Johnson's career and made him a forgotten man rather than a possible Super Bowl winner.  If Buffalo had won that game?  Who knows.  Tennessee fell a yard short vs my second favorite team the Rams.  I thought that I was going to get my second dose of "wide right"  Oh but I did.  When they lost to the Patriots as 15 point favorites the year after the Rams were Super Bowl champions.  Remember that game?  The one that vaulted Brady and Belechick into the lime light?  The Rams gave that game away.  Back toe the Browns.  Is there any type of unity in the locker room or are they playing checkers while the coach tries to get their collective ear.   Chess would be too difficult for them

WTF Paul? Picking Green  Bay over Seattle?  No way

3 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

WTF Paul? Picking Green  Bay over Seattle?  No way

You have to remember, the Seahawks are not so "mighty" on the road as they are in that noise asylum in Seattle. You do remember what happened just a few games back when they played at Tampa--and as I always like to say, when in doubt, go with the home team... 

;)

6 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Does even the city of Cleveland deserve having 0-16 hung on them--I think not & I have not looked at the Browns remaining schedule either, but it's hard to imagine who they could beat...

Almost the same with the Santa Clara 49ers.

On 12/6/2016 at 10:38 AM, paul carruthers said:

You have to remember, the Seahawks are not so "mighty" on the road as they are in that noise asylum in Seattle. You do remember what happened just a few games back when they played at Tampa--and as I always like to say, when in doubt, go with the home team... 

;)

You are not the only one picking Green Bay here.  I am not buying it.  Green Bay sucks.  I say  Seattle handles them easily

I see only Zepscoda has picked besides me?  Get going people.   And he took the Bills.   Must win of course for Bills or its over.  If they win they can win out.  This is their toughest game left.  The Jets and Cleveland and Miami are all inferior opponents.  Yes Miami too after that debacle last week. The Bills had the Raiders on the ropes.  And then Ryans brother gave it away with his half ass D .  It was coaching and Tyrod playing like crap at the worst moment.  He has not tanked like that all year.

14 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Imagine that, a Thursday NFL game that may be worth watching--how often does that happen....

The previous two Thursday's for me:

Dallas/Washington

Dallas/Minnesota

;) 

Apparently KC put in heaters under their field, but a layer of ice formed under the tarp that has caused the field to freeze anyway.  So, frozen field and windy conditions for tonight's game I'm hearing...  Fun football conditions, IMO.

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I keep forgetting to ask Sean who he dislikes more--the Chiefs or the Broncos?  :D

Equally disdain both...and the Chargers. Historically, it was the Chiefs that were usually the most-hated, as they were consistent play-off contenders, having been to two Super Bowls and won one. 

Then, as the Broncos came on in the late-70s with the Orange Crush defense and later with the John Elway years, it was the Broncos that were always a thorn in the Raiders side.

Kansas City briefly fell back behind Denver and the Air-Coryell era Chargers, but became relevant again when Marty Schottenheimer took over. And he hated Al Davis, so it brought a little bit of extra edge back to the rivalry.

So, if I were forced to rank the order of hate I regard Raider division opponents, it would be:

1. Chiefs

2. Broncos

3. Chargers

Today is a huge game...and the first non-Thanksgiving Thursday game that looks worth watching. If the Raiders have any hope of winning the division and possibly gaining home field seeding for the playoffs, beating Kansas City tonight is a must. Lose and the Chiefs own all the tiebreakers.

Kansas City at night has always been a rough road for the Raiders. Going in tonight's game with some key injuries does not help. This will be a bigly test for Derek Carr.

Archived