2016 NFL Thread

Walter

23 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Well--in spite of the absurdity of that last play by Oakland--these Raiders don't fold their tent. But--to only get 3 points off 2 turnovers--not too good; a testament again to KC's defense...

Denver comes in there soon and historically Denver has owned them in KC.  That Detroit and Dallas game is one of the best matchups coming.  I hope Detroit hands them their heads.  These Lions are for real.  Now I have truly jinxed my pick.  I did take the Lions.    My other temptations were Cincy over the big bad Browns and Indy over Houston.  Houston beat Indy in OT early in the year, put up a fight in Green Bay, and they are not the Jets.  As for that Cincy game, I can see Cleveland winning that game because they will be playing hard and Cincy has their troubles.  One of the top cappers on CBS says it will be close.  If they cn keep it close, they can win.  Jimmy the Greek once said something I will always hold true.  If you bet a team with the points, do not take them unless you think they can win the game outright.  

Well, after last night we can definitely say Kansas City is for real. Here are the Top 4 AFC teams in my opinion:

1. New England

2. Pittsburgh

3. Kansas City

4. Oakland

Baltimore, Buffalo, and Denver are scrappling just below the surface. This weekend will tell us more with Baltimore facing New England and Buffalo hosting Pittsburgh.

Cincinnati? Ha...don't make me laugh! Never trust a ginger...and never trust the Bungles in the playoffs.

49 minutes ago, Walter said:

Watching the Charles Woodson story on the NFL network.

Looks like weather will play a big factor in this weekends games.

Well Green Bay will be a mess.  Snow all over.  Buffalo could be nasty and I think the Monday game at New England is possibly in the line of fire?  I am glad the Lions game is indoors.  They should bury the Bears on the Turf.  Backup QB going for Chicago to boot.  Kick ass Lions.  

Yes, they should.

The Dallas/Giants game could a snow/rain mix.  Tough calls for my fantasy football playoffs/last week of the season.  Lucky Whitehead broke team rules and will be staying back in Dallas.  Stupid fuck!  

2 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I can hear Rick calling for Rex Ryan's head on a platter. The coaching carousel may be a big one this offseason--but somehow--Marvin Lewis will probably keep his job...

:rolleyes:

I know.  Lewis must have something on someone high up in that organization.  

Feel for you and your 'fins.  Moore isn't horrible (former Cowboy), but he isn't gonna take a team very far.

Archived