2016 NFL Thread

Walter

24 minutes ago, in_the_evening said:

Reggie Bush talking with the Bills.  Could be a very good fit.

He's a good fit on many teams, when he's not injured....

Randy Gregory is a piece of sh!t! :mad: 

2 hours ago, Strider said:

You a Bills fan i_t_e?

Wonder how healthy Reggie is?

I remember them in their heyday with Kelly and Thurman and the KGun.  

Yup, *IF* Reggie is healthy, it could work.  The coaching staff has me worried though.... 

On July 26, 2016 at 6:50 PM, Strider said:

You a Bills fan i_t_e?

Wonder how healthy Reggie is?

I am a huge Bills fan.  They are here in town about 9 miles from me where they practice at St John Fisher college.  I am hoping this is the year they get in.

11 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am a huge Bills fan.  They are here in town about 9 miles from me where they practice at St John Fisher college.  I am hoping this is the year they get in.

Who knew? :rolleyes: 

I'm usually an optimist when it comes to camp opening in July.  This year, not so much....and the first practice has not even begun.

31 minutes ago, Walter said:

Who knew? :rolleyes: 

I'm usually an optimist when it comes to camp opening in July.  This year, not so much....and the first practice has not even begun.

They were on the field yesterday and to tell you the truth, I like their chances because there is no over hype this year.  And that is what happened when those old Bills of Thomas and Kelly first started to win.  They did not see them coming and now could be the same.  I mean, having McCoy and Reggie Bush as your backup runner is pretty darn good.  And a QB for once for the first time since Kelly that we can trust.  

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

They were on the field yesterday and to tell you the truth, I like their chances because there is no over hype this year.  And that is what happened when those old Bills of Thomas and Kelly first started to win.  They did not see them coming and now could be the same.  I mean, having McCoy and Reggie Bush as your backup runner is pretty darn good.  And a QB for once for the first time since Kelly that we can trust.  

I believe the team to watch in the AFC East is clearly the Dolphins.  They are loaded with talent.  The main issue is whether Tannehill can produce.  

For your sake, I hope your Bills are able to produce a playoff appearance.  Otherwise they will tear it apart next offseason - starting with the head coach.  

20 hours ago, Walter said:

I believe the team to watch in the AFC East is clearly the Dolphins.  They are loaded with talent.  The main issue is whether Tannehill can produce.  

For your sake, I hope your Bills are able to produce a playoff appearance.  Otherwise they will tear it apart next offseason - starting with the head coach.  

They do have the talent to get in.  But I am not sold on Ryan and the moves he has made.  The Dophins may have the best defensive pass rush line in football right now but that is it!!!  They suck other than that.  They are not winning shit with Tannehill.  Buffalo beats them and the Jets all day.   Its between us and NE.  And this time, NE has a handicap to overcome

5 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

It seems like every year, the Fins and the Bills have "promise" that is never fulfilled. Until shit actually changes, I'm still going with the Pats to win the AFC East--like it or not...

:rolleyes:

Even without Brady for a quarter of the season.  A local sports guy that is well respected said that NE has the worst QB to start the season

• 2 weeks later...

^ Nice cryptic, informative post. :blink: 

Anyway....

Football was supposed to have begun last Sunday with the annual HOF game.  I was attending another sporting event and was surprised to see the game was cancelled due to the field conditions.  Here is the "official" reason behind it:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000682020/article/nfl-acknowledges-accountability-for-hof-game-cancellation

I don't understand artificial turf being used in outdoors stadiums.  At a lower level of competition, I understand the cost saving measure - but if professional games are going on there, I don't see any justification for it other than greed.  It's bad for the game and the competitors expected to play on it.

Cowboys open at the Rams Saturday night on ESPN.  

Hard Knocks with the Rams began last night on HBO.

Let the season finally begin!

:thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

He's back.....

24-7 Cowboys at the half.  Not saying preseason means anything, but Prescott has looked great in the first half!

image.jpg

Walter, If you keep tabs on the SEC, you know Dak is a leader and a winner.
I would say the Silver Star qb future looks like pretty darn promising.

I've been a life long Vikings fan.  That means I am used to disappointment.  I've learned to love Division titles and a couple of playoff wins at best. We've had some really good teams in my lifetime.  We should have won a few Super Bowls, but, as my friend always reminds me, the Vikings are always the stepping stool to somebody else's destiny.  Still, I am a loyal fan.  SKOL VIKES.

52 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Great to see the Rams back in LA.  

No it's not. ?

I walked by the newsstand and saw the College Football issue of Sports Illustrated on display. Is summer over already? Time for football?

Guess I had better get my football pool folder ready. California Evermore, you are welcome to join us in the NFL pool.

Still waiting to hear what Richard Sherman did that I am supposed to be thankful for.

And now the Saints first-rounder out with a broken fibula.  If I was an NFL coach, I don't know if I'd play any of my starters...you're losing key people in totally meaningless games.  Yes I know you need to get them ready and shake the rust off, but sheesh!

On August 15, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Strider said:

People losing their minds out here over the Rams. Saw some people charging $100 to park for the game. That's nuts. I doubt it costs that much at Jerry's World in Dallas.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.laist.com/amp/articles/create%3farticle_id=57b202ffada6e258a7811f4a

I hope the Rams win.   As for my Bills, that sack of shit Dareus has already fucked us.  4 game suspension for smoking some damn weed.  He couldn't go without the fucking gonge so he had to screw us when he knew Brady was out.   Asshole.  Maybe some young guy will at least go i and try to play hard.  I wonder what Rex Ryan had to say to him behind closed doors?

Dak Prescott looking impressive again!  Cowboys up 27-14 at the half.  

On August 13, 2016 at 11:32 PM, jabe said:

Walter, If you keep tabs on the SEC, you know Dak is a leader and a winner.
I would say the Silver Star qb future looks like pretty darn promising.

I knew he was good at MSU, but I never imagined those skills would transfer so quickly to the NFL.  Very excited about his future prospects!

Archived