2016 NFL Thread

Walter

2 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

3 personal fouls by guys with 25 years of service....dropped balls all over the place.....play calling that would make any NFL fan shake their head in bewilderment.  You have to be amazed at the over-all Lion stats of futility.  9 playoff losses in a row.  Haven't won a road playoff game since before face-masks.  4-26 on the West Coast.  Haven't won a 4 team division in 23 years.  Just goes to show you that poor ownership can conquer the laws of NFL parity every time.  It was so typical.  They give you the illusion they're in the game...down by only a score in the 2nd half....but for the Lions it might as well have been 30 points.  A season they over-achieved, but a history of futility that can never be ignored.  Thank-You Cleveland !!  We deserve to stand alone.  

Your criticism is harsh.  If the Lions could get a better coaching staff and get another impact guy to make up for the enormous loss of Calvin, they are not far off from being a Super Bowl contender.  Much closer than you will admit.  Their defense played well for most of the game.  The refs screwed them big time, on the facemask in the end zone non call and also on that pass interference that New England or Green Bay would have been awarded right away.   The last road win for the Lions was the year I was born.  1957.  But back in 91, when we got beat by the Redskins in the Super Bowl, the Lions made it to the title game.  I wish they had won and my Bills might have won the SB?  Our own damn fault for fucking up that game.  The future is bright for Detroit and Matt STafford.  Be fooled not.  But they must be smart. 

Dance to the music Paul.  Rothlesburger is out for blood

4 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Rodgers, just wow...

The New York football Honeymooners.  Go back to fucking Miami Beckham you sack of shit.  Costing me my fucking bet you piece of crap.  Wake up and catch a ball in the second half or you will get hung out to dry on the NY Post in the morning you Miami Son of a Beach.

41 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Seattle and Atlanta, that's a tough one to call. I know about Seattle's playoff pedigree and Matt Ryan's, so I guess when in doubt, go with the home team....

Giants screwed me good.  Green Bay and the old pro Rogers vs the rookie Dak?  Interesting matchup.  Historically they have played the big ones in the freezing cold of Lambeau.  Now its indoors on the Turf.  I am going Atlanta.  Not sure about the GB and Dallas game.  Going KC and NE.  Houston has NO CHANCE

20 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Seattle and Atlanta, that's a tough one to call. I know about Seattle's playoff pedigree and Matt Ryan's, so I guess when in doubt, go with the home team....

Are you insinuating Matt Ryan has a 'playoff pedigree'? :blink:

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Are you insinuating Matt Ryan has a 'playoff pedigree'? :blink:

No, what I meant was, Matty Ice usually melts in the heat of the playoffs. But--as I've said before--Seattle is not the monster on the road that they are at home, so with Atlanta I will go. And now I'm talking like Yoda...

:lol:

18 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

No, what I meant was, Matty Ice usually melts in the heat of the playoffs. But--as I've said before--Seattle is not the monster on the road that they are at home, so with Atlanta I will go. And now I'm talking like Yoda...

:lol:

So are we picking the next set of games or is the contest finished?

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ I think the NFL could have the Jag-wads in the Super Bowl & still get a high rating. A Super Bowl without the Patriots would be alright by me--but personal bias aside--I wouldn't mind a big game rematch between the Packers and Steelers....

I am really surprised that all the so called experts are picking against Dallas and KC.  Dallas are 4 1/2 point favorites and KC are 1 pt favorites, OK, call it a pick game.  But no love for KC or Dallas.  They are going against Dallas for two reasons.  Rookie QB and they think Rogers is God in the NFL.  I think this is a mistake.  Green Bay, do not forget their weakness's early on.  And their defense is not that great.  As for KC, true Pittsburgh has owned them historically.  But this Chiefs team is better than any they have put on the field since maybe 1970 when they won their first and only Super Bowl by upsetting the Purple People Eaters with Alan Page and Joe Kapp.  Both of these games are toss ups.  I wound up on Dallas and am going to pick the Falcons to get there if they can beat Seattle.  Green Bay was already beaten by Atlanta earlier in the season in a big game.  KC  will need their home crowd to pitch in.  But they can win this game.  I cant believe there are a couple of crazy's out there that actually think Houston can knock off NE.   How?  Their D is ranked number one.  but stats do not tell the truth always.  Their is really no dominating defense left in these playoffs.  Seattle to me is the best defense left.  Houston has NO CHANCE.  But this game may soften New England up for what will be a far tougher task the following week.  

There are 3 great games to watch and one stinker.  You know.

Well, all the Wild Card weekend games stunk, so nowhere to go but up--at least I'm sure the brass at the NFL is hoping so.

Sean, Los Angeles has gone from no NFL teams to having 2 now, with the news breaking that the Chargers are coming. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the feeling that LA really doesn't give 2 shits about the Chargers...

11 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ I think the NFL could have the Jag-wads in the Super Bowl & still get a high rating. A Super Bowl without the Patriots would be alright by me--but personal bias aside--I wouldn't mind a big game rematch between the Packers and Steelers....

Yuck! 

13 hours ago, Strider said:

So what is the Super Bowl you want to see?

New England vs. Dallas?

New England vs. Seattle?

Pittsburgh vs. Dallas?

The NFL's nightmare scenario is Kansas City vs. Atlanta. Ratings dud.

You know who I want in there....doesn't matter the opponent.  IF it was NE/Dallas can you imagine the ratings on that one?

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am really surprised that all the so called experts are picking against Dallas and KC.  Dallas are 4 1/2 point favorites and KC are 1 pt favorites, OK, call it a pick game.  But no love for KC or Dallas.  They are going against Dallas for two reasons.  Rookie QB and they think Rogers is God in the NFL.  I think this is a mistake.  Green Bay, do not forget their weakness's early on.  And their defense is not that great.  As for KC, true Pittsburgh has owned them historically.  But this Chiefs team is better than any they have put on the field since maybe 1970 when they won their first and only Super Bowl by upsetting the Purple People Eaters with Alan Page and Joe Kapp.  Both of these games are toss ups.  I wound up on Dallas and am going to pick the Falcons to get there if they can beat Seattle.  Green Bay was already beaten by Atlanta earlier in the season in a big game.  KC  will need their home crowd to pitch in.  But they can win this game.  I cant believe there are a couple of crazy's out there that actually think Houston can knock off NE.   How?  Their D is ranked number one.  but stats do not tell the truth always.  Their is really no dominating defense left in these playoffs.  Seattle to me is the best defense left.  Houston has NO CHANCE.  But this game may soften New England up for what will be a far tougher task the following week.  

There are 3 great games to watch and one stinker.  You know.

I can't believe you're not crowing about your new head coach and that he's gonna bring San Diego's former HC with him as OC.  Time to go get Romo this offseason, Rick.  

Archived