2016 NFL Thread

Walter

8 hours ago, Walter said:

How do you not know who Hogan is?  Atlanta looked great yesterday.  The SB is played in 13 days, with Belicheck scheming.   Game on, and you know this....man! ;) 

Hogan is just another of those players you don't hear about, until Bellicheck brings them on board.  At least I had never heard of him.  And I love how these other teams crater when their star gets hurt.  We lose Gronk, and just keep going.  Truly BB is a genius at this stuff.

I just think this is Atlanta's year.  When I watched what the Giants did to NE in the undefeated season SB, I know a coach like Atlanta's can come up with a way to stop Brady and Co.  And I am a NE fanboy.  If NE pulls it off, great, but even if they don't, six years straight in the AFC championship game tells you these guys are historical.

10 hours ago, in_the_evening said:

Hogan is just another of those players you don't hear about, until Bellicheck brings them on board.  At least I had never heard of him.  And I love how these other teams crater when their star gets hurt.  We lose Gronk, and just keep going.  Truly BB is a genius at this stuff.

I just think this is Atlanta's year.  When I watched what the Giants did to NE in the undefeated season SB, I know a coach like Atlanta's can come up with a way to stop Brady and Co.  And I am a NE fanboy.  If NE pulls it off, great, but even if they don't, six years straight in the AFC championship game tells you these guys are historical.

Agreed.  I'm a fantasy football junkie, so I'm aware of just about every teams receivers down to their number 5.  It's a sickness....or so my wife tells me! ;):D 

On 1/23/2017 at 2:06 AM, Strider said:

No shit. That's what Las Vegas counts on.

You must be an Atlanta fan...or someone who hates the Packers, i.e. a Bear or Viking fan. Congratulations...on any given Sunday 19 years apart the Falcons can win a big game. Have a cigar.

Nope. I have nothing invested in Atlanta one way or the other.  I'm just not fool enough to predict their demise based on some random Sports Center facts cobbled together.  Not this season after what i've witnessed on any given Sunday in the NFL. Get it?

I think I made it clear i'm a Vikings fan. So keep your fuckin' cigar until Minnesota wins the Super Bowl.  I'm just able to enjoy a football game without winning a bet or having the outcome directly affect my team.

That said, I will be pulling for the Falcons to win and for Brady to be carried off the field on a stretcher.

Pittsburgh really stunk up the joint.  I mean, they sucked.  KC would have been a far better game but that two point conversion just had to be called didn't it?  I mean, all the fucking holding in the NFL and you cant let one more go?  You can call holding on every single play in the NFL.  ITs clearly subjective.  The days of the offensive lineman not being able to grab and use their hands ended sometime in the 80s.  Its TOO SUBJECTIVE AND TOO GRAY AN AREA.  No other sport has rules that are so SUBJECTIVE  as the NFL>  Its not credible.  I do not have any respect for the officiating in the NFL.  NADA.  The MLB< NHL< NBA and Premier League soccer all have them beat. They suck!!!!  The damn Zebras have too much power.  They screwed the Raiders back when the FUCK rule , oh sorry, TUCK rule was INVENTED.  YES INVENTED during a playoff game that was highway robbery.  Brady never goes to that Super Bowl.  Nor does Belecheck.  And the Raiders should have and did win that game.  The Zebras have too much power in this game.  Something must be done.  You cannot keep handing games to teams like Pittsburgh and New England.  I really fear that Atlanta could win this Super Bowl and the refs could steal it from them.  I believe on a Turf course, they will walk through New England.  The Vikings would have won Super Bowl IV if not for the game being played on Turf rather than grass.  I am going to take the 3 points and also bet them straight up and pray the refs stay out of it.  Fat chance.

So they have stopped going to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl?  A game that is no doubt the worst all star game of all of the 4 major North American sports.  The AFC is plus 4 1/2 for some reason and the over and under is 80!!!!!   Why not just play touch or flag?  I have no clue who is even playing.  Most of the players always seem to try and come up with an excuse to get out of this game.  All it is is an injury waiting to happen.  The potential of an off season surgery you never would have seen coming.  The NHL all star game must be tomorrow night?  Not sure but its in Anaheim California.  So both Disney sites have a game.  

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So they have stopped going to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl?  A game that is no doubt the worst all star game of all of the 4 major North American sports.  The AFC is plus 4 1/2 for some reason and the over and under is 80!!!!!   Why not just play touch or flag?  I have no clue who is even playing.  Most of the players always seem to try and come up with an excuse to get out of this game.  All it is is an injury waiting to happen.  The potential of an off season surgery you never would have seen coming.  The NHL all star game must be tomorrow night?  Not sure but its in Anaheim California.  So both Disney sites have a game.  

Oh my god Rick. Buy a map or a globe ferchrissakes. :P

The NHL All-Star Game is at Staples Center in Los Angeles, not Anaheim.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Oh my god Rick. Buy a map or a globe ferchrissakes. :P

The NHL All-Star Game is at Staples Center in Los Angeles, not Anaheim.

Not the way I heard it?  Whats the difference. Its still LA.  Or an extension of it.  Its like Hoboken to Manhattan for Gods sake.  How are you fella/

4 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

What is the "Pro Bowl?"  :P

A bunch of millionaires playing touch football in full pads.  But now they have to go to Disney instead of Hawaii.  Poor bastards.  Let them go to the Islands on their own dime. 

So the Super Bowl you are picking New England?   Why on Earth?  I believe Atlanta can and will win.  And if they do I am going to cash.  I put a future in on them  to win it all 3 months ago.  Go Falcons

^^ Picking the Patriots--let's just say that I've picked against them too many times & had it bite me in the ass. And that includes last week's debacle with Pittsburgh. I also wouldn't mind seeing the face of good old Roger Goodell having to hand the Lombardi Trophy to Brady and Belichick....

13 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Picking the Patriots--let's just say that I've picked against them too many times & had it bite me in the ass. And that includes last week's debacle with Pittsburgh. I also wouldn't mind seeing the face of good old Roger Goodell having to hand the Lombardi Trophy to Brady and Belichick....

Not me  I would rather see them get hammered

I haven't watched a minute of a Pro Bowl since Barry Sanders retired.

Taking the Falcons.  They can hold up in a shoot-out, and I haven't seen a cornerback in the league yet who's able to stop Julio Jones.  When he squares to the field, he makes his own space. 

18 hours ago, craigled said:

Nobody cares about the Pro-bowl.  As for the Superbowl, The build-up is well underway even here in England.

I often wonder if their had been no Gulf war and the Bills had two weeks to preparer for Super Bowl XXV, if things would have turned out different?  They were tossed into a hot humid environment after mauling the Raiders in the snow while the Giants were in SF upsetting the then mighty 49ers in weather far more comparable to what that Super Bowl would be played in?  I do wish it had been Kelly vs Montana.  Or was Young already the QB then?  I cannot remember what year it was that Steve Young became the man in SF?  I know the Giants won their game to get to Super Bowl XXV on a FG and they were moderate underdogs in that game.  Sims could not play.  If the Bills, clearly the better team had two weeks like these teams all do, I do think we would have won that game and that dumb ass coach Dickerson, the D coordinator might have had the sense to see what they would do?  He was fired after the game, after Norwood's missed FG that will forever haunt the Bills franchise and fans.

Kick off and give me my damn money Atlanta.  Roll these wimps.  No Gronk.  No win.  No Brady getting a trophy.  Just an asterick next to all of his accomplishments telling what  cheating coach he has and what a liar and cheater he is.  Smashed his cell phone.  For Gods sake.  He must think we are all idiots.  Joe Montana had more class than he will ever have. Julio Jones get ready bro.  Get ready to rumble!!!!!  While the Patsies get ready to crumble!!!:lol:  Come on Chase.  Give me your best shot fella!!!!  I am ready for some trash talk!!!!!!:P

On 2/1/2017 at 8:21 AM, the chase said:

Seven trips to the Superbowl in 16 years beats zero trips to the playoffs in 18 years any day of the week Rick.  

Well I anticipated your words and I pretty much knew they were coming. I am not going to say our management had been good, the only good thing is the new ownership will turn things around.  They were wise enough to not put up with Ryan's crap and his little circus that was exposed when he hired his brother over that far better guy that was fired  That really exposed Ryan.  And if you ask me he was simply lucky to have a few horses when the Jets made it to the AFC title game years back.  It was not him that got them there.  IT was money

Now this game Sunday is almost on us and I will tell you why I believe Atlanta can and will win and expose New England as a very good team, but not the best team.  The key lies in opponents that were of quality.  The Seattle game!!!  Seattle came into Foxboro and shredded the Patriots.  Murdered them.  Atlanta did the same to Seattle.  This game will not be in the cold either.  So it puts Atlanta in a good position.  Yes i have a future on Atlanta and am hoping they take no prisoners.  Here is to Matty Ice!!!   The Iceman cometh!!!!!

On 2/1/2017 at 8:21 AM, the chase said:

Seven trips to the Superbowl in 16 years beats zero trips to the playoffs in 18 years any day of the week Rick.  

Kick off and give me my damn money Atlanta.  Roll these wimps.  No Gronk.  No win.  No Brady getting a trophy.  Just an asterick next to all of his accomplishments telling what  cheating coach he has and what a liar and cheater he is.  Smashed his cell phone.  For Gods sake.  He must think we are all idiots.  Joe Montana had more class than he will ever have. Julio Jones get ready bro.  Get ready to rumble!!!!!  While the Patsies get ready to crumble!!!:lol:  Come on Chase.  Give me your best shot fella!!!!  I am ready for some trash talk!!!!!!:P

The Patriots are 16 and 2 this year Rick. I believe the Falcons are 13 and 5.  They're hot right now though no doubt. 

No Gronk ... I get it,  but they haven't lost a game since he's been inactive. Their system is bigger than any one player. 

I honestly don't know what's going to happen Sunday.  But I wouldn't count New England out ever.. too good and too smart.

13 hours ago, the chase said:

The Patriots are 16 and 2 this year Rick. I believe the Falcons are 13 and 5.  They're hot right now though no doubt. 

No Gronk ... I get it,  but they haven't lost a game since he's been inactive. Their system is bigger than any one player. 

I honestly don't know what's going to happen Sunday.  But I wouldn't count New England out ever.. too good and too smart.

Smart yes  Good yes.  Great?  No.  Atlanta has the best weapons.  New England gets a nod on defense no doubt.  So the best offense in the game vs the top rated D in stats.   I still think Seattle has a more imposing defense than New England.  But like I said, the Seattle game to me is a big measuring stick.  They came into New England and took them apart.  Atlanta handled them and Green Bay, and with a ton of pressure being tossed at them.  All the " they have never won the big game stuff vs Rogers and Rogers will be watching.  The guy that beat Dallas.  To me it should be at least a pick game but the experts in Vegas have made NE a 3 point favorite.  NE may need another lucky play like the one Pete Carrol called two years ago?  I do not think NE can stop Atlanta for 4 quarters.  The Falcons getting to Brady is the key.  If they can pressure him, NE will be in trouble.  If not, then we may have a shootout to the finish

Archived