2016 NFL Thread

Walter

3 hours ago, the chase said:

^^^ Tom Brady is not done yet.. I'd say he has possibly 3 more seasons to go after this one...  So to rank him while he's still playing seems kind of premature.. I don't know of another QB that's been to 6 Superbowls though.. and he's going to continue at a high level. I do hope that if and when he does start to drop off, he handles it right...  

From what I hear Belichick is going with who he has this Sunday for QB. 

I'd put John Elway ahead of Peyton Manning on your list.. He always seems to get overlooked.

I would not put Elway ahead.  And my list was not full of thought.  I just winged it.  I would have to even put Sammy Baugh on that list to be fair.  Joe Namath for a pure passer was great.  He had a rifle for an arm.  But I am not saying Brady is done, I am only saying that sooner or later, time catch's up with everyone. I think he is a guy that will not stick around too long like many before him did. Even  Kelly did go to 4 straight Super Bowls.  I know he came away with nothing, but not really his fault.  He should have had the first one for sure. He did his job.

^ got to agree.. 4 straight years to the Superbowl is quite a feat.. win or lose.. 

Elway was booed more than once in his home stadium his first year for throwing too hard! Ridiculous. He had a rocket for an arm.. Dead on too.  5 SB appearances.. I even rooted for the Broncos his last 2 times..

13 hours ago, the chase said:

^ got to agree.. 4 straight years to the Superbowl is quite a feat.. win or lose.. 

Elway was booed more than once in his home stadium his first year for throwing too hard! Ridiculous. He had a rocket for an arm.. Dead on too.  5 SB appearances.. I even rooted for the Broncos his last 2 times..

I cant stand that arrogant prick Elway.  Some of the shit he pulled before he won the Super Bowl I do not forget.  He was so fucking high on himself it was sickening.   Kelly was not like that, and so far I do not see that in Brady.  I never disliked Brady.  I just do not like the way him and Manning showboat.  Rogers does not do that. There are so many great QBs.  I mean, then you look at the one game wonders that won Super Bowls like Doug Williams.  But can anyone compare Doug Williams to Marino or Kelly?  Hell no.  So your Patriots are really messing things up.  They wont report their QB and Vegas seems to think it matters?  No line up for the game yet. And game one of the week is tonight.  I just won a $125 free play for finishing 2nd in the BetUs/PA contest.  One of the major off shore sites.  I won a Canon Rebel on the 5 dimes site.  Then they stopped handing out merchandise after I rocked them for that $700 camera!  Put up that line Vegas, I am a comin for ya.

Paul, how is Super Mario working out so far?

6 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ So far, nothing is working for Miami--we were lucky to escape with our asses against the friggin' Browns and will no doubt get shredded tonight in Cincy. Oi vey...

:(

Cincy is the number one pick on Eliminator this wee but they are not playing up to par.  I took the Redskins.  As for the Bills/NE game, Belecheck has not posted his QB and will not until tomorrow.  So the game is off the board.  I am waiting until the last minute to see if they post it but none of the big sites hae the game up.   

I see Jabe has chickened out again and taken NE.  Ha.  OK.  

22 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ The actual game stinks worse than those orange uniforms--why didn't I watch baseball instead of this junk?

cursing.gif

LOL.  Someone give Belecheck a blanket party the fucker.  The dick cant just post his fucking lineup until tomorrow?  Like it matters?  Its either George Plimpton or Oliver Hardy.   It matters not.  We are going to drill the bitches!!!!!   cant play my contest until he puts up his list tomorrow.  He is making my life difficult.  

19 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

LOL.  Someone give Belecheck a blanket party the fucker.  The dick cant just post his fucking lineup until tomorrow?  Like it matters?  Its either George Plimpton or Oliver Hardy.   It matters not.  We are going to drill the bitches!!!!!   cant play my contest until he puts up his list tomorrow.  He is making my life difficult.  

Gambling is making your life difficult.

Belacheck is keeping things interesting.

Anything that adds a little mystery to the game is a good thing.

How 'bout that AJ Green. Nice to see he decided to show up this week.

23 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Gambling is making your life difficult.

Belacheck is keeping things interesting.

Anything that adds a little mystery to the game is a good thing.

How 'bout that AJ Green. Nice to see he decided to show up this week.

Nah.  Its making my life lovable.  And now Paul gets another spanking

How long before the Fish fire another coach? What's the word in Fin-land, Paul? Is he on the hot seat?

No wonder the Patriots dominate the AFC East. The Bills, Dolphins, and Jets make it easier for the Patriots, when all three teams are in a constant state of ineptitude. They always are rebuilding or hiring a new coach and implementing a new system...always in flux, always mediocre or worse.

It is quite possible that New England lords over the weakest division in the NFL: the AFC Least.

^^ As far as Adam Gase goes, I wouldn't presume he's on the hot seat yet--it is just his first year and what, 4 games into the season. I would have thought he or anybody would have been an upgrade over Joe "Schmo" Philbin but apparently not.

And given today's state of the NFL where coaches get changed more than people's socks, I would not be surprised if Gase is canned after one year.

But--all that being said--the AFC East, the worst division in football? Worst than the NFC East--I don't know...

:unsure:

52 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Yeah, I completely forgot about the AFC South--or maybe my subconscious intentionally blocked out that shitty division....

:D

I know.  Because our Dolphins and Bills are so damn mighty!  LOL:lol:   If you have a time machine

On 9/29/2016 at 5:34 PM, paul carruthers said:

Oh my eyes--are those the Dolphins or the old, Tampa Bay Yuck-aneers in those ghastly, sherbet orange uniforms tonight....

:thumbdown:

23 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Paul!!!!!  My eyes hurt with thsese Tangerine unniforms

Reason #32 I don't watch Thursday night football: The garish, ugly eye-sore uniforms.

12 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Not a lot of what I would call exciting matchups in the NFL tomorrow at 1 or at 4--maybe I will be watching baseball all day Sunday...

Me too.  Baseball far more important but I will look in at the Bills and Pats.  That starts two hours before my Orioles anyway

Archived