Your cover of songs/improvisation

Klape

Hi,

I don't know if that kind of topic already exist but it doesn't look like it, you can post here your cover of songs, can be on guitar,piano,mandolin or whatever. with or without a video or backing track. It can even be improvising !

Just don't hesitate ! I'll start with a cover of white summer plus a little improvisation, just for fun. :P

I'm using a Yamaha LS16M and I'm recording with the famous and great SM57.

That's not a contest !

Have a good day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2016 at 6:55 AM, LurksReturnington said:

Well.. I'd like to meet some PDX'rs that can jam some Led.. I know several songs, but today I posted a cover of 20th Century Boy by T-Rex.  Listen here if you like https://dylanpatrik.bandcamp.com/track/20th-century-boy  Peace.   Hey..Henry Bonzo is throwing in a lick from the DVD "menu".. 

You did everything ? that's amazing ! maybe the effect on the voice are too much but hey that's me.

A little cover of Bron-Yr-Aur, The song actually start 18 seconds in, I have no idea why :

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a cover of Ramble On I recorded a couple years ago.  I did it as a collaboration with a guy on Reddit - He sang, I did the instruments.  I'd never collaborated like that before so I was pleased with the result though most of the effort was spend just figuring out how to do it.  We are currently working on a cover of Stairway that is really coming together but wont be ready for a few months yet. Here's the link to Ramble ON.

Covers:  RE: Ramble on: that's pretty sharp man.. singer reminds me of Chris Robinson. RE: Bron Y R : Sounds good, but rhythmically confusing. I listened to the White Summer cover a while ago and I think I may have had the same criticism about it. I liked the Henry Bonzo montage.. covered a lot of ground.  

Yeah.. When I'm recording I use effects on my voice. without them I'd have just my voice. 

Thanks man -- the vocalist on that was awesome.  I look forward to bringing our version of Stairway here. I've spent the last 5 months on it learning every instrument and part - doing a N4N cover. The basic tracks are with the vocalist right now and after I get them back it will take a couple of months to fully mix and master. I'll post it here for sure.

Just checked out 20th century cover -- super cool.  You should do some Sweet next.

Archived