Bootlegs for long haul flight

Xolo1974

Ok guys - flying from Perth Australia to my homeland Liverpool England pretty soon. 20 hours. Gimme five bootlegs for the flight. I'll start the ball rolling, but am prepared to have my mind changed (apologies but no dates, I always forget). 

- Texas International Pop Festival.

- Avocado Blues 

- Osaka 71

- Canadian Crush (20/3/75).

- Eddie

I know some may frown upon this, but just to keep it a bit more interesting, give me your best bootleg from any other band. I'm keen to broaden my horizons. I love my 70's Rock/folk. Nutrocker, particularly keen to hear from you in this thread. You talk sense mate! 

Cheers

Pretty funny. I just logged on to search 4/27/69. Trying to find out how much of the LL tape is from the SBD.

1. Osaka 929 71 Winston ( IMO this one cannot be improved on. Masterful)

2. Seattle 3/21/75 EV Dinosaur

3. Earls Court 5/25/75 EV Physical Rocket

4. Kezar 6/3/73 A Celebration For... GF

5. LA Forum 6/23/77 Mike the Mike Tribute Winston

That's a lot of great music .

Safe trip.

7 hours ago, Jimmywalnutz said:

Pretty funny. I just logged on to search 4/27/69. Trying to find out how much of the LL tape is from the SBD.

1. Osaka 929 71 Winston ( IMO this one cannot be improved on. Masterful)

2. Seattle 3/21/75 EV Dinosaur

3. Earls Court 5/25/75 EV Physical Rocket

4. Kezar 6/3/73 A Celebration For... GF

5. LA Forum 6/23/77 Mike the Mike Tribute Winston

That's a lot of great music .

Safe trip.

Thanks jimmy. Agree re Osaka. I'm a cyclist. Headed out in the rain this morning and listened to the whole Arogatou Osaka. Brilliant. "It's mr bonham....come on you old dame". ?

Orlando '71

LA '72 (Burn Like a Candle)

Offenburg '73

Detroit '73 (Detroit Rock City) or Seattle '73, take your pick

Long Beach '75 (2nd night)

Re. other bands, check out Seattle Supersonics from Rush, a 1976 show (i.e. All the World's a Stage era), soundboard, very bass-heavy.  Killer show.  Deep Purple's '74 Manchester show is very nice, somewhat distant but clear audience recording.  Black Sabbath's '75 Ashbury Park show is a soundboard, worth a listen. 

3 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

.  Black Sabbath's '75 Ashbury Park show is a soundboard, worth a listen. 

I wanted to keep it all Zep but thats only other group I collect Boots of to the degree of Zep and IMO Asbury 75 is tops ! That's coming from a RJD era fan too.

Regarding Seattle 73, lately I've been cleaning up on AUD shows and 6/8/ 72 is real good too. But there is a Vinyl Transfer of the 7/17/73 show that is just fabulous. It's not complete but save for a couple of rough spots the sound is really nice. I usually try to avoid buying Vinyl sight unseen but I'm real excited about getting this show on Record.

I upgraded a couple of components (Denon Receiver and Bose Subwoofer) and my AUD recordings have new life. I think its the subwoofer working in tandem with the speakers but I'm getting a real smooth sound. Best way to describe it. 

all the sources for 7/17/73 are worth having. Not even a big '73 fan, I like it but '73 American tour isn't my favorite, but that show smokes! For long flights get the Millard recordings from '77, and '75. Thats my recommendation. Add 3/12/75 (whole show) to your list too. '75 and '77 soundboards are an obvious addition, Japan '71, Charlotte '72, etc

On 5/7/2016 at 7:13 PM, Xolo1974 said:

Ok guys - flying from Perth Australia to my homeland Liverpool England pretty soon. 20 hours. Gimme five bootlegs for the flight. I'll start the ball rolling, but am prepared to have my mind changed (apologies but no dates, I always forget). 

- Texas International Pop Festival.

- Avocado Blues 

- Osaka 71

- Canadian Crush (20/3/75).

- Eddie

I know some may frown upon this, but just to keep it a bit more interesting, give me your best bootleg from any other band. I'm keen to broaden my horizons. I love my 70's Rock/folk. Nutrocker, particularly keen to hear from you in this thread. You talk sense mate! 

Cheers

Staying away from any repeat picks from your list, my list of '5 for the Flight':

March 7, 1970 Montreux "I Left My Heart in Montreux"

August 31, 1971 Orlando "Orlando Magic"

December 22, 1972 London "Riot House" (very underrated)

June 22, 1977 LA  "Second Night at the Forum"

July 24, 1979 Copenhagen "Copenhagen Warmups: Second night"

Hi

Some great Zep suggestions so I won't muddy the waters by suggesting any more, but I love my Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen boots. Any of the Tom Petty Bootleg Series would fit the bill mainly great quality recordings from a variety of locations.

Andy

Archived