BEST LIVE VERSION OF NO QUARTER?

irondirigible

2 hours ago, tom kid said:

^ Have you listened to the version from the San Diego '75 show (the 'Conspiracy Theory' boot)? That must be one of the longest too, about 32 mins.

Indeed I have, that's a real fun one.  If I remember correctly, there are only six that crossed the half hour mark:

1. 6/22/77 LA:   ~34:00
  2. 6/27/77 LA:   ~33:30
  3. 6/26/77 LA:   ~32:30
  4. 6/11/77 NY:   ~31:45
  5. 3/14/75 SD:   ~31:00
  6. 6/23/77 LA:   ~30:30

A few others come close: 6/21/77 LA is just over 29:00, 6/25/77 LA is ~28:30 and 3/27/75 LA is ~28:30 with a cut, but I think the cut is patched on the releases that merge the alternate source and there isn't much missing, maybe 30 seconds or so.

14 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Yep...sadly.

I admit I have little interest in solo Garcia but I do want track down a show or two from when he had Nicky Hopkins playing keys with him (1975, I think it was) just because I love Nicky's playing on anything, with anybody (even his cheesy sounding organ work on "Cherry Oh Baby" by the Stones😁)

Anyway, sorry for the diversion, gang- we should probably take the Dead talk to the Dead thread, back to yer scheduled "No Quartah" discussion...

Just one last thing on Garcia/the Dead. I noticed you mentioned you were wanting to track down some stuff with Nicky playing with the band. Check out this release

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_It_Rock:_The_Jerry_Garcia_Collection,_Vol._2

LetItRock.jpg

It's really good... Might change your opinion of the JGB.

1 hour ago, tom kid said:

Just one last thing on Garcia/the Dead. I noticed you mentioned you were wanting to track down some stuff with Nicky playing with the band. Check out this release

LetItRock.jpg

I'm going to check that out too -- an 18-minute "Let's Spend The Night Together" sounds fascinating! 😂

8 hours ago, tom kid said:

LetItRock.jpg

Heh, I grabbed a couple of JGB shows with Nicky Hopkins- 19 December and 17 October '75. Pretty good stuff, bit of a different context than regular Dead.