Remastered Rock CDs - Better or Worse?

gperkins151

To me, the 90s remasters of Zep sound sharper and fuller than the first issues, but still have a better dynamic range (difference between soft and loud parts) than Mothership...IMO.

If that's what your asking me...Zep specifically.

Hey Cecil ! :)

hello Joel, just picking your brains? remasters sounded fuller/fatter? AMC Y-170.

No vinyl was harmed during the making of this post.

Mine was about 100, but remeber your power amp and speakers. I have a pioneer pl-990. It has a strobe light for speed adjust a play, stop, and elevation buttons. I can also play 45s on it. If you want a basic turntable I reccomend this one. I'm 14, and I like it, my dad who was around when turntables were your only choice also likes it. So now you have two opinions.

Edited: This is exactly the turntable I have: Pioneer Pl-990

Thanks. The price sure is right! B)

Dr. ebberts you've lost me on that one? care to elaborate :( .

I was just goin' off on a goof....pickin YOUR brain !

you mentioned vinyl....I just flashed to bootlegs made from vinyl and this guy's moniker...'Dr. Ebbets'...does them from vinyl. The old Beatle STEREO MSFL Japanese pressed records made GREAT cd boots. See, the only full early albums were in mono on digital cd. So he took the superior vinyl stereo versions to produce stereo cd's....

you couldn't even hear that it was a needle on vinyl they were done so well....

So that was my tangent.....:D

When I first heard that organ part it was like......whats the point of that...kicking me in the shin, then saying sorry? I grew up with with the riff jumping in at 1,000mph and not taking prisoners until Child In Time.

good times.

Aah, I get it. The version there starts directly with the main song...?

Over here In Rock starts with the intro part we're discussing and my copy of Deepest Purple fades in during the organ part.

'sonic glory' to me means they are warmer and more comfy than the cds. Having things so crystal clear isnt all that.

True.

I have an old cd of Mike Oldfield's Boxed that replicates the quad vinyl mix from exactly the same source and it just fills the room, especially when you play it in surround. B)

I love to hear some 'bottom' when I listen to music. Without 'bottom' the glass is half full.

Aah, I get it. The version there starts directly with the main song...?

Over here In Rock starts with the intro part we're discussing and my copy of Deepest Purple fades in during the organ part.

Yea, just like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oTfg29L9j8

But all versions now are the UK version..like the Beatles stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Just get the vinyls and hear the music on the media it was made to be played on... loudly.

Besides, its alot more fun pulling the record out of its sleeve, carefully placing it on the turntable, and slowly dropping the arm down onto the record as to not scratch it.. then looking at the album art while you sit in the basement with a J.

Alot more fun than pulling a plastic disc out of its plastic case with artwork that you need a magnifying glass to look at.

Less of a journey is all im saying.

Archived