What sort of Computer do you have ?

coogeeboy

good grief 150 gig and only 32 mb left??

Pardon me while I faint hah

must have been huge files....... and like 1,000 of them too

Meh, that's nothing. I'm not exactly sure of the total memory I have, but whatever it is, it the combined space of 3 hard drives...

I started life as a computer user with Mac, I'm partial to them since I do graphic art.

I've owned 3 and I love them, easy to use easy to fix, well at least the older OS. I'm lost with the newer OS.

Currently I have a iMac G3 running OS X, only because of my sign program. Unix is great because most people don't know how to write viruses for the language and I've never had any problems. My next purchase will be this baby:24_540x404.jpg the 24" iMac.

At home I have 2 PCs, I really hesitated in the beginning to get a PC but once you use them it's as easy as a Mac, well at least I have mine set up Mac like. If I had to fix it tho I'd be lost, I don't get the hierarchy, but thank God there are programs out there now days that make it easier.

I'm using a Conpaq, with Windows XP Multimedia Center. It's pretty juiced, I've never added anything to it and it does the job I need it to do. One thing it has is Light Scribe which is really cool especially when I burn boots. You can lazer ingrave images, etc on the top side of the CD.

I do however need to look into an external HD just because of my boots, they take up WAY too much room on my current HD.

I've had the same Dell Dimension 8400 desktop since late 2004. Packed it with pretty good features at the time - 1GB RAM @ I forget what MHz, DVD and CD burner for all formats at the time (which hasn't changed too much if at all), 150GB HDD, SB Audigy 2, 3.5", USB x 6 (at least), etc. It serves me quite well today, and still has plenty of room and performance left.

I started life as a computer user with Mac, I'm partial to them since I do graphic art.

I've owned 3 and I love them, easy to use easy to fix, well at least the older OS. I'm lost with the newer OS.

Currently I have a iMac G3 running OS X, only because of my sign program. Unix is great because most people don't know how to write viruses for the language and I've never had any problems. My next purchase will be this baby:24_540x404.jpg the 24" iMac.

At home I have 2 PCs, I really hesitated in the beginning to get a PC but once you use them it's as easy as a Mac, well at least I have mine set up Mac like. If I had to fix it tho I'd be lost, I don't get the hierarchy, but thank God there are programs out there now days that make it easier.

I'm using a Conpaq, with Windows XP Multimedia Center. It's pretty juiced, I've never added anything to it and it does the job I need it to do. One thing it has is Light Scribe which is really cool especially when I burn boots. You can lazer ingrave images, etc on the top side of the CD.

I do however need to look into an external HD just because of my boots, they take up WAY too much room on my current HD.

I bought a pretty cool box that holds a hard drive and connects via usb..it was only 25 bucks, and I had a bunch of HD's laying around already

I bought a pretty cool box that holds a hard drive and connects via usb..it was only 25 bucks, and I had a bunch of HD's laying around already

What is it?

My other PC is not that old but I don't use it, I wish there was an easy way to link to two together like you can do on Mac. My other option is to take out that HD and put it in the one I use now as a second one, but I heard that the fan might not cool it down enough. So it's just sitting.

it's this:

DX-HDEN10.jpg

I leave the cover off mine and swap a bunch of different drives in and out of it..when I got a new machine a couple years ago I was kind of bummed thinking I was gonna lose years worth of stuff, or have the major headache of tearing my machine apart to swap drives, this thing has been a godsend

best 25 bucks I ever spent

Archived