What is Bonham shouting ?

Klape

Hey !

I was listening to Dazed and Confused and right at the start of the bow solo we can here Bonham shouting, well I think it's his voice :

I'm going to write what I think he's saying but be sure to check it yourself before you look at my answer, which will be below the video. It's at 2:06

I think he's saying "Hey stop that !" but I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, Stairway is NOT stolen said:

I've never noticed that before!

The funny part is that I feel like I heard it every time but it really strike me this afternoon ! It's almost like Out on the tiles with Jimmy saying "stop !", it fit so well it doesn't disrupt the listener.

16 minutes ago, JTM said:

All I can hear is a very faint " Ah na na na nan na na".

That's funny how we all hear different thing, I mean this song perfect for this kind hidden sound, just 10 seconds later we can hear Robert saying something, it's a lot more obvious but I can't distinguish what he's saying !

I believe it is Robert Plant and he does it again at the 2:16 mark. (Sounds like scat singing) He also does this in BIGLY where he says "I can here it calling me". Sounds like he is in the main room in Olympic a few feet away from Bonzo's drum mikes.  He probably recorded his main vocals in an isolation booth.

13 hours ago, sixpense said:

I believe it is Robert Plant and he does it again at the 2:16 mark. (Sounds like scat singing) He also does this in BIGLY where he says "I can here it calling me". Sounds like he is in the main room in Olympic a few feet away from Bonzo's drum mikes.  He probably recorded his main vocals in an isolation booth.

That's what I was thinking, it's probably ghost vocals left over from a different vocal take. Like sixpense mentioned, it's also in Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

• 2 weeks later...

There was also tape bleeding in the 1st album's recording.  Previous takes bled through, from what I understand.  Not saying that's what it was, I'm going to make a point to listen for what you're talking about Klape.  I've never noticed that one.

Archived