Setting up a cafe

Hello Sir,

I am Vaibhav from India. I am a huge fan of classic rock and blues genre and have been following you from my childhood.

I and 3 of my friends are planning to start a cafe, something like - Led Zepplin cafe in Delhi(capital of India) wherein we can play Led Zepplin music and sell merchandise. Indians are huge fans of Led Zepplin and Delhi is a very big market for this cafe. We have already done brainstorming on this.

Let us know

1. If it is possible to set up a Led Zep cafe in India? We can pay royalty and other charges and discuss other clauses.

2. If we can take distributorship/franchise of Led Zepplin merchandize in India? We have good contacts with T-Shirts and other vendors and we can get that printed here in India. We can discuss these terms.

Also kindly help us with the contact details for the person in charge of these activities.

Looking forward to a positive response.

Best Regards,

Vaibhav Kapoor
kapoor1.vaibhav@gmail.com

27 minutes ago, Stairway is NOT stolen said:

Some obscure band, Heard their lead guitarist is Jim Pae. Did a bunch of songs.

Didn't they have 1 big song that was popular for a little bit?

21 hours ago, kapoor1.vaibhav@gmail.com said:

Hello Sir,

I am Vaibhav from India. I am a huge fan of classic rock and blues genre and have been following you from my childhood.

I and 3 of my friends are planning to start a cafe, something like - Led Zepplin cafe in Delhi(capital of India) wherein we can play Led Zepplin music and sell merchandise. Indians are huge fans of Led Zepplin and Delhi is a very big market for this cafe. We have already done brainstorming on this.

Let us know

1. If it is possible to set up a Led Zep cafe in India? We can pay royalty and other charges and discuss other clauses.

2. If we can take distributorship/franchise of Led Zepplin merchandize in India? We have good contacts with T-Shirts and other vendors and we can get that printed here in India. We can discuss these terms.

Also kindly help us with the contact details for the person in charge of these activities.

Best Regards,

Vaibhav Kapoor

I've been lucky enough to live and travel all over the world and what you are talking about can be done.  I think Delhi is ripe for a Classic Rock/Zeppelin themed kind of cafe/coffee house.  Classic Rock and Hard Rock music is insanely popular in India and the market is untapped.  And Zeppelin had an enormous love for India and Indian musicians so there's good karma there too.  I would love to drink a Chai or a coffee or a beer while listening to Zeppelin sitting on a rooftop veranda or patio overlooking Main Bazar or Connaught Place

Now in lots of developing countries you find businesses like this get set up all the time without licensing deals or permission -- people just do them. Some of them get shut down while others exist in the black and gray market for years.  If you are truly looking to go legit (be legitimate) and are not looking to bootleg or sell bootlegged merchandise then you'll need to find out more about licensing in South Asia.  In India Warner/Chappell have signed a music licensing deal with "Times Music". You probably wont need to deal with them but they handle all the MUSIC publishing royalties for Led Zeppelin in India.  For merchandising you can probably approach a brand management company in India to help you get that arranged. I very much doubt you could get any exclusive license but you should be able to get or negotiate a limited license. Someone else here might have a specific contact for you as well.

And just a note to my other Western forum members -- let's be cool okay?

And a special message to Vaibhav ---- The reason people are ignoring you and not taking you seriously is because you didn't spell Led Zeppelin correctly.  Now I understand that English is not your native language but if you want to do business - especially if you want to talk about licensing merchandise for a band --- you will want to make sure you spell the band's name right.  Why would I sign a licensing deal with you when you can't get my name right?

L E D   Z E P P E L I N  is how to spell it.

Good luck

22 hours ago, kapoor1.vaibhav@gmail.com said:

Hello Sir,

I and 3 of my friends are planning to start a cafe, something like - Led Zeppelin cafe in Delhi(capital of India) wherein we can play Led Zeppelin music and sell merchandise. Indians are huge fans of Led Zeppelin and Delhi is a very big market for this cafe. We have already done brainstorming on this.

Let us know

2. If we can take distributorship/franchise of Led Zeppelin merchandize in India? We have good contacts with T-Shirts and other vendors and we can get that printed here in India. We can discuss these terms.

Best Regards,

Vaibhav Kapoor

Archived