Who was or is the coolest person in music?

Levee

Coolest People In Rock

Weird Al Jankovic / Devo / Thomas Dolby / Gary Numan / Men Without Hats / Kajagoogoo

Rick James / Wham / Bananarama / Duran Duran / Boy George / Thompson Twins /

Pat Benetar / Cheap Trick / Chumbawumba / Wang Chung / Joe Jackson / Toni Basil

Yes, of course I'm kidding.

4 of my mom's favorite bands. I am not kidding, no matter how much I wish I was.

I vote for Courtney Love for driving Kurt Cobain to commit suicide and thus killing the grunge movement.

RjK

I don't know how much credit she can claim for it. It seems he was basically a weak person his whole life. Definately one of the most overated musicians of the past 25

years. An MTV-driven hype through and through.

I don't know how much credit she can claim for it. It seems he was basically a weak person his whole life. Definately one of the most overated musicians of the past 25

years. An MTV-driven hype through and through.

Nirvana were going to break through to a larger audience with or without MTV. That they put Teen Spirit into heavy rotation early on certainly didn't hurt matters any but their success wasn't just because of MTV.

I vote for Courtney Love for driving Kurt Cobain to commit suicide and thus killing the grunge movement.

RjK

Can't say I buy into that theory at all. As for "grunge", so you'd rather have "hair metal"? I'll take Pearl Jam, the Melvins, Nirvana, Mudhoney, Alice In Chains, etc. any day of the fucking week over Cinderella, Bon Jovi, Poison, Warrant, Slaughter, Winger or any of that crap.

Can't say I buy into that theory at all. As for "grunge", so you'd rather have "hair metal"? I'll take Pearl Jam, the Melvins, Nirvana, Mudhoney, Alice In Chains, etc. any day of the fucking week over Cinderella, Bon Jovi, Poison, Warrant, Slaughter, Winger or any of that crap.

I'll second that Emotion!!!! Any Fucking day of the week :D

The coolest guy in classical music (living, anyway), Gergiev:

20070406_valery_gergiev_9.jpg

And I think it's extremely cool that he won the Polar music prize alongside Zep last year. Hope I get to see some of his Mahler cycle with the LSO at the Barbican this year--the 5th would be most fab.

• 9 months later...

lquote.gif The coolest rock star in the world, ever is... Me! "I mean, right, it goes without saying really, doesn't it? I mean I don't think I'm cool, it's other people that tell me I'm cool, I'm just being who I am. Just be yourself is all I can say, the rest of it's a fucking joke. 'Elegantly wasted' blah-blah-blah, I've had all of that. If you've gotta be cool be cool with yourself. If you've gotta think about being cool, you ain't cool."

-Keith Richards

I guess that settles it,huh?

B)

Archived