Plant turns down 14 million

mesamay2003

Well, Robert just blew his last chance to get Jimmy to perform in drag and score a cool 5 million in the process. Everyone knows damn well if Robert said, "Well Jimmy, I will do it but I have conditions: 1. No Stairway, 2. You have to perform in drag."

Jimmy would have been, "Hmmm, done and done!"

No surprise there Plant not motivated by money , but i wonder what is behind his pathological refusal 

to perform even on  one occasion as Zeppelin. Must be so frustrating for the other two. Time is running out 

Doesn't he ever think "for old times sake and to see Jim puff his cheeks out one more time? The rate of attrition that 2016 has brought to 

the  music world this Desert festival could be the end of the road that started in Monterey all those years ago.

Desert Trip festival and Friedman does not even deserve to smell Zeppelin's shit at the very least.  Who the hell do these people think they are...  This is news ? haa

If Zeppelin wanted to do a show in California, they could do their own with no opening bands and easily sell 1 Million tickets.

Credited to "Showbiz411 columnist Roger Friedman"  Maybe living in the boonies keeps me a bit out of the fray but I've never even heard of Showbiz411. So I'd give that source about a grain of sand more than I would give that drunkard / wife beater over at the Chicago Sun-Times, Neil Steinberg. So that makes it a total of two grains of sand.

Not that anyone thinks he would have otherwise agreed...

He's already booked the 1st weekend of the Oldchella Desert Festival in October.

Robert and the Sensational Space Shifters are on the line-up to appear downtown L.A.  during the "Festival of Disruption" October 8-9 at the Ace Hotel (same venue Jimmy did his interview with Chris Cornell).

Tickets go on sale this Friday, 6/24.

^^^So unless I'm wrong and he will schedule a date here later this year, this is going to make it the umpteenth time Robert Plant is doing a gig somewhere in California and skipping Arizona again. :(

I ran in to an old girlfriend this weekend . Almost 30 years since I last saw her. Still beautiful and we picked right up. I loved her but circumstances separated us and I would not have been able to contact her where I was going, off for "the greater good". This was a very special girl , a soulmate if such a thing exists.

Thinking of the beautiful times we shared and the image of her perfect form the lilting song of her laughter , the tension filled muscles collapsing with a sigh so perfect yet primal and smooth the way her chest would heave, the endurance, the graceful power. All the hours spent talking and never wanting to be away from each other. I was watching her sleep one morning. When she awoke she said " it's like a dream , it will never be this perfect forever". I knew it too, even being so much younger then.

Those memories are priceless and sustained me through some dark dark shit. Gave me hope when there should have been none. Brought beauty to the ugliest places the human heart can go.

Do you think I would have opened another chapter? I hope we never cross paths again. Those precious memories are still intact. She will always remain the same in my minds eye. I did nothing to change that.....but could have.

Same principle. Why would Robert Plant ?

On 6/21/2016 at 1:02 AM, IpMan said:

Well, Robert just blew his last chance to get Jimmy to perform in drag and score a cool 5 million in the process. Everyone knows damn well if Robert said, "Well Jimmy, I will do it but I have conditions: 1. No Stairway, 2. You have to perform in drag."

Jimmy would have been, "Hmmm, done and done!"

Ouch....  :P

On June 21, 2016 at 8:40 PM, luvlz2 said:

^^^So unless I'm wrong and he will schedule a date here later this year, this is going to make it the umpteenth time Robert Plant is doing a gig somewhere in California and skipping Arizona again. :(

Yes, what the hell goddamn it!!! He used to come through on every tour but I believe the last time he was here was for Band of Joy in 2010

C'mon Robert, give us desert rats some love.

What in the world is a desert rat ?  That don't sound too good.  Lot of west coast people look the same, but in a bad inbreeding way due to early Mormon beliefs

Found this lol-

A person growing up in Phoenix Arizona. One real mother fucker and employs use of non compliance globalism. Often found digging in dumpsters for shit. A Desert Rat is also street smart but not in a gang sense. Often refers to people from California as fake posers and not real desert children.

Other Desert Rat I had in mind are those Gold miner hillbilly.  Like in the Kraft Cheese commercial,  There Gold in them shells.   I would not mind living out there, I know someone who raked in a high HIGH 6 figure price amount of Gold after a big rain flood the other year.  All the rain came from the mountains and spread gold all over the desert after the water dried up and settled.

1 hour ago, TheGreatOne said:

What in the world is a desert rat ?  That don't sound too good.  Lot of west coast people look the same, but in a bad inbreeding way due to early Mormon beliefs

Found this lol-

A person growing up in Phoenix Arizona. One real mother fucker and employs use of non compliance globalism. Often found digging in dumpsters for shit. A Desert Rat is also street smart but not in a gang sense. Often refers to people from California as fake posers and not real desert children.

Other Desert Rat I had in mind are those Gold miner hillbilly.  Like in the Kraft Cheese commercial,  There Gold in them shells.   I would not mind living out there, I know someone who raked in a high HIGH 6 figure price amount of Gold after a big rain flood the other year.  All the rain came from the mountains and spread gold all over the desert after the water dried up and settled.

Wow, that was quite the lengthy diatribe on such a trivial subject. Well done.

A desert rat is a colloquialism used to describe those individuals who call the southwest desert region of the United States home. Of course your prejudiced rant was quite colorful, it is grossly inaccurate and devoid of facts but hey, don't let that stop you Uncle Albert.

10 hours ago, IpMan said:

Wow, that was quite the lengthy diatribe on such a trivial subject. Well done.

A desert rat is a colloquialism used to describe those individuals who call the southwest desert region of the United States home. Of course your prejudiced rant was quite colorful, it is grossly inaccurate and devoid of facts but hey, don't let that stop you Uncle Albert.

This post, The Mormon comment not withstanding, is  a quote from the urban dictionary.

40 minutes ago, juxtiphi said:

This post, The Mormon comment not withstanding, is  a quote from the urban dictionary.

Ha, now that is ironic. I guess you learn something new every day.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2016 at 7:39 PM, TheGreatOne said:

Found this lol-

desert-rats_screen-title.jpg

It's not Zeppelin without John Bonham and that is that, and credit to Plant for sticking to that.

This is probably going to cause a stir, but I thought the 02 was great in one way in that it eradicated the really terrible reunions of the 80s but in many, many ways it was poor. Jason Bonham is a perfectly fine drummer but he lacked the heft and swing and touch of his father and Jimmy wasn't on top form at all. I wouldn't want to see that repeated again. 

By not touring and reforming, the legacy of the band is taking on ever more importance and the integrity is intact too.

Leave the past where it is and cherish the band's output time and time again, which I do constantly. 

Just an opinion. 

I thought the 02 gig was amazing---for a band so far removed from its heyday.  I also thought Jason did just fine.  Maybe a little too careful in spots, but that was to be expected.  When the boys were on--IMTOD, For Your Life--it was a real pleasure to watch and hear. 

They simply were not the swaggering dudes in their 20's on top of the world anymore, with all their chops intact.  Also to be expected.  Glad they did it, don't need to see them do it again, 10 (more) years gone.  

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 1:50 PM, morningson said:

It's not Zeppelin without John Bonham and that is that, and credit to Plant for sticking to that.

This is probably going to cause a stir, but I thought the 02 was great in one way in that it eradicated the really terrible reunions of the 80s but in many, many ways it was poor. Jason Bonham is a perfectly fine drummer but he lacked the heft and swing and touch of his father and Jimmy wasn't on top form at all. I wouldn't want to see that repeated again. 

By not touring and reforming, the legacy of the band is taking on ever more importance and the integrity is intact too.

Leave the past where it is and cherish the band's output time and time again, which I do constantly. 

Just an opinion. 

I agree with everything that you posted except the part of "Jimmy wasn't on top form at all". 

Out of curiosity I ponder- would LZ play events from time to time if their drummer were available now.

My sense is their vocalist would be a no go.

What drove their drummer to the point of no return was the scrutiny and expecation and the event being the event. For someone who is not a main player/weight bearer in the event it is impossible to convey the inescapable weight. Add to this the millstone baggage and feeling of being snakebit during the past few years... no way out, nowhere to hide. [ibid liner notes Celebration Day]

1. Event being the event, rather than the music [ O2 could not escape it completely- a haunted social scene, understandable]
2. Vocalist recrafting the delivery to  scowling/growling and almost whispering some rather than bringing it and leaning into it
3. Scrutiny unparalleled

Back on thread, no offer of any kind was tendered ever for this event- nor for Lord Branson, a semi formal inquiry was made for Hurricane Sandy relief yet never went far enough to satisfy basic assurances of the funds being distributed fully and with full accountability so...  any talk of any member of LZ turning down anything is false- nothing to turn down.

And someone else said it- what would the purpose be to share a bill with __________ and play for a bunch of _______________ and _____________ whose interest would be to critique/compare/criticize and post/tweet/like and comment endlessly.

That would be a misuse of the gift which is a sin. 

PS... that would probably make me less motivated to release anything new, even if it is different.

Archived