Things You've Heard From The Audience?

MortSahlFan

Pretty sure it's from 8/21/71 LA--at some point in the acoustic set, someone near the taper says to some other guy "I'm not sure I want you behind me" 😂

Also, I'm pretty sure this is from 9/19/70 NY (Evening) right after "Heartbreaker," some girl near the taper yells "AM I STEPPING ON YOUR FOOT?!!?!"

A lot of good shouting on that first live No Quarter in Tampa--"Sit the fuck down." Close enough to being the right words and didn't ruin the song at all...

Too many good ones from the Knebworth shows - Happy Birthday Robert Plant; Rock and Roll, Whatever someone shouted at Robert before the 2nd date "Quarter," (Fuck You)...

Can't remember the exact show, but Robert responding to someone shouting for D'Yer Maker...

Some lines from the '80 tour - Bonzo can't do that one anymore; Moby Dick...

1977 - Badgeholders; Don't know if it was the same woman the whole show, but "Since I've Been Loving You"... yeah man...

:thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

LA Forum, 31. May 73, Bonzo´s Birthday Party, audience recording: During the guitar intro of OTHAFA, about 30 to 40 seconds into the song, the taper or a guy next to the recorders mic yells "MY BOOT!!!" for whatever reason.

Yes!! Maybe he's saying something else but it sounds like my boot! Also, after happy Birthday is sung, a guy says "fucking cookin' man....whooooaaaaaa!!!!" Then Bonzo goes into the drum intro to Heartbreaker. I love that moment! 

• 3 months later...

My favourite version of any song ever is the 1979 version of No Quarter from the 2nd night in Copenhagen. From the Bootleg called Melancholy Danish Pageboys Get it On. At the very beginning (right after the word lights) you can hear a VERY distinct sneeze. It is actually kind of funny. Clearly an audience recording but great quality.. If you haven't had a chance to hear this version do yourself a favour and check it out. It is seriously my favourite piece of music EVER recorded by anyone.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Christopher Lees said:

From "Ooh My Ears Man!", Adelaide, Australia February 19, 1972, Plant gives the audience a good bollocking and you can hear some dude griping, "I don't like being dictated to..."

Gotta love it. Robert Plant, the big dictator!

Plant went through various stage personas throughout the years. Between 69 and 72 he's very vocal towards the crowds and often accosts them for either being too rowdy or too quiet. In 73 it's like he was just stoned for the entire year and doesn't give a shit. In 75 and 77 he goes into story teller mode and gives some insightful narratives, often poking fun at the other members.

1 hour ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Plant went through various stage personas throughout the years. Between 69 and 72 he's very vocal towards the crowds and often accosts them for either being too rowdy or too quiet. In 73 it's like he was just stoned for the entire year and doesn't give a shit. In 75 and 77 he goes into story teller mode and gives some insightful narratives, often poking fun at the other members.

Not sure about '73;  right off the top of my head I can think of Chicago, Milwaukee, Buffalo, Boston, Providence, and New York where he berates or chides the audience for one thing or another.

6 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Not sure about '73;  right off the top of my head I can think of Chicago, Milwaukee, Buffalo, Boston, Providence, and New York where he berates or chides the audience for one thing or another.

For some reason I always picture 73 Plant as relaxed, grinning and high as a kite- full hippie mode. Maybe it was the turquoise blouse.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Kashmir ends after the first time the crowd hear the song

"HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY FUCK"

There's a novel you could write from the Montreal kids chatter lol

This is the '75 show?  Then yes, the audience comments (and bodily functions like belches) are hilarious, I always rewind parts of this show (plus it's an overall great performance too).

8 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

This is the '75 show?  Then yes, the audience comments (and bodily functions like belches) are hilarious, I always rewind parts of this show (plus it's an overall great performance too).

Oh easily one of the greatest 75' performances. It really shows how the Jimmy's tone was even better than the soundboards suggest

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 7:24 AM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Kashmir ends after the first time the crowd hear the song

"HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY FUCK"

There's a novel you could write from the Montreal kids chatter lol

During the bow solo... One guy says "We're in trouble!" then the other says "Down home fiddle!" :)

"Louder....Louder....Louder!!!"

As they began their acoustic set in Dallas, opening night of the '77 Tour with "The Battle of Evermore."

I know, because it was me from 10 rows back. Robert acquiesced, and gave the index finger up motion, and the amplification for Jimmy's mandolin was raised.

Montreal 1975. You hear very clearly a bunch of young lads who were probably high as a kite however knowledgeable of the band. This is 1975 and at one time one of the kids requests Traveling Riverside Blues which didn’t see the public or radio light till about 1989 from the original box set. 

After Kashmir all you hear is “ holy Fuck”,,!!

Great appreciative Canadian crowd. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 8:07 PM, Blaize86 said:

Montreal 1975. You hear very clearly a bunch of young lads who were probably high as a kite however knowledgeable of the band. This is 1975 and at one time one of the kids requests Traveling Riverside Blues which didn’t see the public or radio light till about 1989 from the original box set. 

After Kashmir all you hear is “ holy Fuck”,,!!

Great appreciative Canadian crowd. 

Dude, literally look up 2 posts haha!