Meeting forum members in the flesh

LedZeppfan1977

12 hours ago, Pilot of the Storm said:

Doing great. Hope you are too. Please say a huge Pilot 'Hello' to all those you've also met in the flesh and who know me... the usual gang eh!!

the gangs still all here, well not here but there, although some are probably not all there.

You doing any Plant shows?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-11-13 at 2:03 PM, Stryder1978 said:

You have my deepest sympathies sir!

I like it here - Seattle is my kind of city - it’s very working class but in a relaxed low key hippy sort of way. Each time I come here it connects with me like my hometown for some reason. It also has a Canadian quality about the place - the people are very down to earth 

• 2 months later...

lpMan came over briefly yesterday, saw some of my LZ posters on the wall and it brought back memories. We visited my long time friend Sean. You could say Sean is into sound.

His home theater system is incredible, he has at least 6- 8 or maybe more flat surround speakers installed in the ceiling, the round flat ceiling speakers that you might see in a hospital or something.  They are all positioned perfectly in an arc (and elsewhere too I think) above the couch in front of the tv.  He put on the blu-ray of David Gilmour's live at Pompeii as well as other stuff and it sounded phenomenal.

He showed us some of his new acquisitions, vinyls, blu-rays, etc. and other things from his collection.

He was working on his car stereo and the sound system in his 2-door white F150 is a marvel, 2 sub woofers between the seats, took the black cargo box out and converted it into a huge lockable casing that he mounted in the bed of the truck. Looks like a huge black vault with a gigantic lock all filled with nothing but amps and speakers, with it's own battery. Looks like a tank with a sound system as it's main weapon sort of, really cool.

Sean's pretty cool.got me into collecting way back when.

On 1/28/2018 at 11:39 AM, luvlz2 said:

lpMan came over briefly yesterday, saw some of my LZ posters on the wall and it brought back memories. We visited my long time friend Sean. You could say Sean is into sound.

His home theater system is incredible, he has at least 6- 8 or maybe more flat surround speakers installed in the ceiling, the round flat ceiling speakers that you might see in a hospital or something.  They are all positioned perfectly in an arc (and elsewhere too I think) above the couch in front of the tv.  He put on the blu-ray of David Gilmour's live at Pompeii as well as other stuff and it sounded phenomenal.

He showed us some of his new acquisitions, vinyls, blu-rays, etc. and other things from his collection.

He was working on his car stereo and the sound system in his 2-door white F150 is a marvel, 2 sub woofers between the seats, took the black cargo box out and converted it into a huge lockable casing that he mounted in the bed of the truck. Looks like a huge black vault with a gigantic lock all filled with nothing but amps and speakers, with it's own battery. Looks like a tank with a sound system as it's main weapon sort of, really cool.

Sean's pretty cool.got me into collecting way back when.

Does he have quadraphonic stereo?

I've never met up with anyone from this forum.  But I've always thought that it would be pretty cool. I'm here in the East San Francisco Bay Area and I love to listen to live Zeppelin, drink beer and smoke BBQ.  Maybe we could hang out sometime...

PM me!

Thank you Sean for being a great tour guide with wonderful food and drink suggestions!  Thanks for the transit tips.  And for the fabulous show tonight!  It was a really fun week and it wouldn't have been nearly as great if you hadn't been around.  

We should do it again sometime...  :)

• 9 months later...
On 2/2/2018 at 1:07 AM, luvlz2 said:

My friend is a floyd fanatic, he just sent me some pictures of a division bell mailbox that he made, with help, pretty cool!

20180104_203102_resized_1.thumb.jpg.faec112cac32a4d1f659e477626877cb.jpg

20180104_203044_resized_1.thumb.jpg.b7ffb6b8cd1e367031ee19ea1c980ece.jpg

20180104_203630_resized_1.thumb.jpg.f3fd11112dd12e6b70505a9feaa5a12f.jpg

My friends installed lasers in their "Division Bell mailbox". It shoots the Pink Floyd red Pulse lights though at the proper spots of the mailbox. Didn't get a proper picture but will get and post one at a later time.

Through the eyes shoots a laser beam across the parking lot to form a laser pyramid at the entrance of the driveway! The most amazing mail box ever!! When you spin the ball, it has a cool strobing effect. Lights up when you blow smoke into it also. He's getting fog machines installed in a couple of weeks!

IMG_20181124_2327272_rewind.thumb.jpg.7df9c967c75615fbc7b5d67b162847cb.jpgIMG_20181124_2328050_rewind.thumb.jpg.411aa225f40d74898cccf707f3cd97cd.jpg

On 11/25/2018 at 11:28 PM, luvlz2 said:

It shoots the Pink Floyd red Pulse lights though at the proper spots of the mailbox.

Through the eyes shoots a laser beam across the parking lot to form a laser pyramid at the entrance of the driveway!

Never mind me saying these things, there currently are no red Pink Floyd Pulse lights on it, and the laser that shoots across the parking lot does not form a pyramid, but a straight line across the parking lot. That's what I get for shooting off my mouth. But it's still a cool as heck piece! lpman has been there and seen it.

IMG_20181201_0056116_rewind.jpg.e09a2f6ca97ef0f26a40e88076a48f43.jpg

18 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Never mind me saying these things, there currently are no red Pink Floyd Pulse lights on it, and the laser that shoots across the parking lot does not form a pyramid, but a straight line across the parking lot. That's what I get for shooting off my mouth. But it's still a cool as heck piece! lpman has been there and seen it.

IMG_20181201_0056116_rewind.jpg.e09a2f6ca97ef0f26a40e88076a48f43.jpg

Where do you put the mail through?

Archived