2016 POTTED PLANT MEMORIAL NFL POOL

Strider

15 hours ago, Walter said:

Rick, "junior" says Denver over Jacksonville is your best choice.  Just to let you know....

Thanks to you and Strider and Paul.  I guess I am going with the majority even though I say the Steelers will bury the Giants as the G men have been fortunate with the schedule and are due for a loss.  I cannot see them leaving Pittsburgh with a win.  As for Denver, their inability to stop KC at crunch time worries. me. If Hurns is out, then they are a strong pick  If Jacksonville has all their receivers, its dangerous.  Denver going to Florida, vs an opponent they no doubt will take lightly.  Either way I am forced to stick my neck out.  As are the rest. 

8 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Thanks to you and Strider and Paul.  I guess I am going with the majority even though I say the Steelers will bury the Giants as the G men have been fortunate with the schedule and are due for a loss.  I cannot see them leaving Pittsburgh with a win.  As for Denver, their inability to stop KC at crunch time worries. me. If Hurns is out, then they are a strong pick  If Jacksonville has all their receivers, its dangerous.  Denver going to Florida, vs an opponent they no doubt will take lightly.  Either way I am forced to stick my neck out.  As are the rest. 

Denver can't afford to take Jax lightly. With the Raiders winning and KC beating Denver, the heat is on Kubiak and Denver to keep pace with their AFC West rivals. They cannot afford any more bad losses like last Sunday night, so I am sure Kubiak will have them focused for Jacksonville.

8 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I read today that Denver's starting quarterback is having ankle issues and might not play.  Keep your ears open, I'll let you know what I'm hearing.  Good luck!

Week 13 Schedule

Thursday December 1 

Dallas at Minnesota 

Sunday December 4 

Kansas City at Atlanta  

San Francisco at Chicago 

Philadelphia at Cincinnati  

Houston at Green Bay 

Los Angeles at New England  

Detroit at New Orleans 

Denver at Jacksonville  

Miami at Baltimore (I swore I'd stop picking the Ravens.  I lied)

Buffalo at Oakland 

Washington at Arizona  

NY Giants at Pittsburgh 

Tampa Bay at San Diego

Carolina at Seattle

Monday December 5

Indianapolis at NY Jets

Dallas

Atlanta

Chicago

Cincinnati

Green Bay

New England

New Orleans (I've got a 23 year track record that says when the games start to count, the real Lions show up.  Prove me wrong.)

Denver

Baltimore

Oakland

Arizona

Pittsburgh

San Diego (tempted to take the Bucs, but can't pull the trigger)

Seattle

NY Jets

17 hours ago, Walter said:

I read today that Denver's starting quarterback is having ankle issues and might not play.  Keep your ears open, I'll let you know what I'm hearing.  Good luck!

Yes Yes I heard it also and I have taken Pittsburgh with no reservations.  Pete Prisco likes the Steelers by double digits.  So do I

PS  PLEASE CHANGE MY PHILLY PICK TO CINCY.  I AM NOT TAING THOSE SHIT BAGS

2 hours ago, Walter said:

'Walter Clan' are all taking Dallas tonight.

Even the Mrs.? Harmony reigns in the Walter bedroom! :cheer:

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Yes Yes I heard it also and I have taken Pittsburgh with no reservations.  Pete Prisco likes the Steelers by double digits.  So do I

PS  PLEASE CHANGE MY PHILLY PICK TO CINCY.  I AM NOT TAING THOSE SHIT BAGS

Ok. It's your funeral. :P

Pittsburgh by double-digits? Really? I realize Denver's qb injury has you concerned and the Giants being on the road at Pittsburgh is a lot different than the Giants playing at home.

But still...the Jags are 2-9 and the Giants are 8-3. The Jags have a history of futility. The Giants have a history of rising up and biting people on the ass when everyone doubts them. They have won two Super Bowls in the last 8 years by people underestimating them.

But if you are willing to put money and trust on Pittsburgh to handle the G-Men at home, more power to you.

P.S. I hear Watkins might be a scratch for the Raider game?

Week 13 picks

Dallas at Minnesota  

Kansas City at Atlanta 

San Francisco at Chicago 

Philadelphia at Cincinnati

Houston at Green Bay 

Los Angeles at New England 

Detroit at New Orleans 

Denver at Jacksonville

Miami at Baltimore 

Buffalo at Oakland 

Washington at Arizona   

NY Giants at Pittsburgh 

Tampa Bay at San Diego 

Carolina at Seattle 

Indianapolis at NY Jets

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Pittsburgh by double-digits? Really? I realize Denver's qb injury has you concerned and the Giants being on the road at Pittsburgh is a lot different than the Giants playing at home.

But still...the Jags are 2-9 and the Giants are 8-3. The Jags have a history of futility. The Giants have a history of rising up and biting people on the ass when everyone doubts them. They have won two Super Bowls in the last 8 years by people underestimating them.

But if you are willing to put money and trust on Pittsburgh to handle the G-Men at home, more power to you.

Of course Sean, she is a Zeke and Adam girl!  Zeke went to high school just down the road from where she grew up and she could never stand Romo and thinks Dak is the second coming of Aikman/Staubach.  I agree, but I've always stayed by my teams side.  Perfect harmony here, except for.... Well you know.

8 hours ago, Strider said:

My news is better.  I am in the Buffalo Market.  He will play!!!!!  He has a broken bone in his foot so they are going easy on him.  But he can play.  As for the Steelers they are far better at home and the Giants are way over due to lose and only getting Cleveland on that dick schedule they have has prevented that.  The Steelers will hand them their ass's at home.  Denver is too risky because the QB is a game time decision and Jacksonville even though their record is brutal has played far better than their record suggests.  They are more dangerous of a bottom feeder than a team like Cleveland.  I was all set to take the Eagles over the Bengals until last weeks debacle.  The Eagles looked terrible.   I believe Pittsburgh is the safest play to at least win the game. 

16 hours ago, Walter said:

How many broken bones can he have before his career is in jeopardy?  I have him in multiple fantasy leagues, so I wish him the best.  But this is like some NBA careers right now, Rick.

I am not a Dr and do not know what bone it is but for them to allow him to play I am sure its something that can be dealt with in the off season/?  Or else he would be on the DL and they would be pursuing someone on the market because of Woods being down.   It sounds like Clay has gotten on Rex Ryan's bad side?  They ave using another Tight End this week and the guy is a former QB!!!!!!!  Try and figure that shit out?  Unreal.

Mrs W:

Dallas 

Sunday 

Atlanta

San Francisco

Philadelphia 

Green Bay

New England 

New Orleans 

Jacksonville

Baltimore 

Oakland

Washington 

Pittsburgh

San Diego

Seattle

Monday

Indianapolis 

56 minutes ago, Strider said:

You forgot to pick the Detroit @ New Orleans game, jabe.

I see Detroit up 3 pts in the first qtr. I'll take N.O. but they must win by 10. Will that work?

1 minute ago, Walter said:

That game is such a toss up, jabe!  Strider makes the call, but I have no objections - straight up.

Obliged for your input, Walter. Detroit adds a TD. Long day ahead for the Saints it would appear.

On 12/4/2016 at 10:19 AM, jabe said:

I see Detroit up 3 pts in the first qtr. I'll take N.O. but they must win by 10. Will that work?

Sorry I was too busy to get on the forum yesterday. You would have been good if NO had won, no matter the spread.

It is between Walter and Bong-Man tonight to decide the week's winner. If the Colts win, it's Walter for the win. If the Jets win, then Walter and Bong-Man tie for the week.

Archived