2016 POTTED PLANT MEMORIAL NFL POOL

Strider

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Sorry I was too busy to get on the forum yesterday. You would have been good if NO had won, no matter the spread.

It is between Walter and Bong-Man tonight to decide the week's winner. If the Colts win, it's Walter for the win. If the Jets win, then Walter and Bong-Man tie for the week.

I'll take the prize.  24-3 Dolts.  At least I can salvage some respect here this year! ;)  Junior is too tough to catch!  Better than any of the guys on the NFL Network, that's for sure.

Week 13 Results

Walter: 13-2*

jb126: 12-3

Bong-Man: 11-4

ebk: 11-4

jabe: 11-4

Junior: 11-4

Strider: 10-5

zepscoda: 10-5

paul carruthers: 9-6

LedZeppfan77: 8-7

Mrs. W: 8-7

Season Standings After 192 Games

1. Junior: 130-60-2******

2. Strider: 122-68-2**

3. jb126: 120-70-2***

4. jabe: 119-71-2*

5. Walter: 115-75-2***

6. ebk: 113-77-2*

7. Mrs. W: 112-78-2**

8. Bong-Man: 111-79-2**

9. LedZeppfan77: 106-84-2

10. zepscoda: 101-89-2***

11. paul carruthers: 101-76-2

Final month of the regular season, folks.

Week 14 Schedule

Thursday December 8 TIME(ET)
Oakland at Kansas City 8:25 PM

Sunday December 11 TIME(ET)
Pittsburgh at Buffalo 1:00 PM
Cincinnati at Cleveland 1:00 PM
Chicago at Detroit 1:00 PM
Denver at Tennessee 1:00 PM 
Houston at Indianapolis 1:00 PM
Arizona at Miami 1:00 PM
Washington at Philadelphia 1:00 PM
New Orleans at Tampa Bay 1:00 PM
San Diego at Carolina 1:00 PM
Minnesota at Jacksonville 1:00 PM
NY Jets at San Francisco 4:05 PM
Seattle at Green Bay 4:25 PM
Atlanta at Los Angeles 4:25 PM 
Dallas at NY Giants 8:30 PM 

Monday December 12 TIME(ET)
Baltimore at New England 8:30 PM

As usual thanks Strider.  And Paul.

My picks

KC

Buffalo (even though they are calling for Tyrods head)

Cincy

Detroit

Tennessee   (should be loose and dangerous)

Indy 

Arizona

Washington (cinch of the week)

Tampa

San Diego

Minnesota

SF

Seattle

Atlanta

NY Giants  (the streak ends)

Baltimore (were Ravens that good or Miami that bad)

Kansas City (Was tempted to go with Oakland, but KC is at home, so)

Pittsburgh 
Cincinnati (0-16 for the Browns--one can only hope)
Detroit 
Denver 
Indianapolis
Miami (Fins at home--maybe they can bounce back after that disgrace Sunday)
Washington 
Tampa Bay (Not sure about this one either)
San Diego 
Minnesota 
NY Jets (That's how bad San Fran is--putting me in a position where I have to pick the Jets) :angry:
Green Bay (When in doubt, go with the home team)
Atlanta 
Dallas 

Baltimore (Going with my heart, instead of my head with the Ravens. May come back to bite me)

Thursday December 8 
Oakland at Kansas City 

Sunday December 11
Pittsburgh at Buffalo
Cincinnati at Cleveland 
Chicago at Detroit
Denver at Tennessee 
Houston at Indianapolis
Arizona at Miami 
Washington at Philadelphia 
New Orleans at Tampa Bay 
San Diego at Carolina
Minnesota at Jacksonville
NY Jets at San Francisco 
Seattle at Green Bay 
Atlanta at Los Angeles 
Dallas at NY Giants  

Monday December 12 
Baltimore at New England

Yeah, I've lost my mind.

28 minutes ago, Strider said:

Calling jabe!!!

KC
Pittsburgh
Cincy
Detroit
Tennessee
Houston
Arizona
Philadelphia
Tampa bay
San Diego
Jacksonville
Jetz
Seattle
Atlanta
Dallas
New England

Oakland - Loss

Buffalo

Cincinnati (but I'll be rooting for Cleveland)

Detroit

Denver

Indianapolis

Arizona

Washington

Tampa Bay

Carolina

Minnesota

NY Jets ( I hate picking these guys for anything)

Seattle

Atlanta

Dallas

New England

Week 14 picks
Oakland at Kansas City  x
Pittsburgh at Buffalo
Cincinnati at Cleveland
Chicago at Detroit
Denver at Tennessee
Houston at Indianapolis
Arizona at Miami
Washington at Philadelphia
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
San Diego at Carolina
Minnesota at Jacksonville
NY Jets at San Francisco
Seattle at Green Bay
Atlanta at Los Angeles
Dallas at NY Giants
Baltimore at New England

Mrs. W:

Kansas City 

Sunday 
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati 
Detroit 
Tennessee 
Indianapolis 
Miami 
Washington 
Tampa Bay 
Carolina 
Minnesota 
NY Jets 
Seattle 
Atlanta 
Dallas 

Monday 
New England 

Thursday 
Kansas City 

Sunday 
Buffalo
Cincinnati
Detroit
Tennessee 
Indianapolis 
Arizona 
Washington 
Tampa Bay
Carolina
Minnesota 
San Francisco 
Seattle 
Atlanta
Dallas 

Monday 
New England

Junior:

Thursday
Oakland 

Sunday 
Buffalo 
Cincinnati 
Detroit 
Tennessee 
Indianapolis 
Arizona 
Washington 
Tampa Bay 
San Diego 
Minnesota  
NY Jets 
Seattle 
Atlanta 
Dallas 

Monday 
New England 

A lot of weird games this week...took me forever to figure out my picks. Could be a crazy day of upsets. 

Pittsburgh...even if there's a blizzard in Buffalo, the Steelers know how to play in snow.

Cleveland...why not? No guts no glory. This is how deep my loathing of Marvin Lewis, the ginger and the Bungles runs.

Detroit...of course, this being the Lions, when everything is falling into place and the division is theirs for the taking, this will be the game they stink up the joint and let Chicago win, causing Bong-Man to start double-bonging.

Tennessee...one of those flip a coin games. 

Indianapolis...the Colts seem to be back from the dead while Houston has seen its division lead collapse. Who would you bet on: Luck or Osweiler? Uhh, yeah...that's what I thought.

Miami...My god, Paul...did I really just type in Miami? Call it a hunch and Arizona's past history of flaming out on the road...but I just can't believe Miami will play as bad at home as they did at Baltimore last week. Not when they still have a shot at the playoffs.

Washington...yet another flip a coin game. I don't trust either team to do what is expected. But Philly looks a mess lately and Carson Wentz may have hit that 'rookie wall'.

New Orleans...for Brett Godwin. R.I.P. I won't abandon her (and Dd's) team no matter how many wins it costs me in the pool.

Carolina...I am not going to ruin my Sunday by having to root for the Chargers (or the Broncos for that matter). It's bad enough the Raiders lost on Thursday. But this is one of those games I would stay away from if I was betting in Vegas.

Minnesota...I was really tempted to pick Jax, I really was. But having already picked Cleveland, I didn't want to push my luck with my "crazy pick" mojo.

San Francisco...How does Las Vegas make money? By making the 49ers, losers of eleven in a row, three-point favourites against the Jets and watching all that New York fanboy money come in. This is another coin-flip game between two sad-sack teams who rarely play each other. God (or Vince Lombardi) only knows what will happen in this game.

Green Bay...Seattle has not won in Lambeau since 1999 and they are missing Earl Thomas. Plus, Green Bay desperately needs this win more than Seattle, who have a comfortable lead in the sorry NFC West. All of which means nada if Aaron Rodgers can't find the endzone against what is left of the Legion of Boom. Should be an interesting game to watch....and snow, too!

Atlanta...I literally did flip-a-coin to determine my pick in this game. Two teams I don't care about and rarely watch playing a game that has little playoff relevance. The tv ratings for this will be dismal.

Dallas...NFC East grudge-match. Upsets always happen in these kind of games. Dak has not looked as sharp of late...hitting the 'rookie wall'? But Dallas still has that O-Line. They don't need Dak to be superman as long as they just keep crushing people with their running game.

New England...a LOT of people are picking Baltimore, which kind of scared me away from picking the Ravens. Upsets happen when you least expect them, not when everyone is jumping on the upset bandwagon. Gronk or no Gronk, it's still Brady and Belichick vs. Flacco and Harbaugh...in New England in the (possibly) snow. I still like the Patriots. But if you jumped on the Ravens early and got those 9 or 10 points when the line first opened, you are probably feeling good...and hoping for a blizzard Monday night to keep the scoring down.

8 hours ago, Strider said:

A lot of weird games this week...took me forever to figure out my picks. Could be a crazy day of upsets. 

Pittsburgh...even if there's a blizzard in Buffalo, the Steelers know how to play in snow.

Cleveland...why not? No guts no glory. This is how deep my loathing of Marvin Lewis, the ginger and the Bungles runs.

Detroit...of course, this being the Lions, when everything is falling into place and the division is theirs for the taking, this will be the game they stink up the joint and let Chicago win, causing Bong-Man to start double-bonging.

Tennessee...one of those flip a coin games. 

Indianapolis...the Colts seem to be back from the dead while Houston has seen its division lead collapse. Who would you bet on: Luck or Osweiler? Uhh, yeah...that's what I thought.

Miami...My god, Paul...did I really just type in Miami? Call it a hunch and Arizona's past history of flaming out on the road...but I just can't believe Miami will play as bad at home as they did at Baltimore last week. Not when they still have a shot at the playoffs.

Washington...yet another flip a coin game. I don't trust either team to do what is expected. But Philly looks a mess lately and Carson Wentz may have hit that 'rookie wall'.

New Orleans...for Brett Godwin. R.I.P. I won't abandon her (and Dd's) team no matter how many wins it costs me in the pool.

Carolina...I am not going to ruin my Sunday by having to root for the Chargers (or the Broncos for that matter). It's bad enough the Raiders lost on Thursday. But this is one of those games I would stay away from if I was betting in Vegas.

Minnesota...I was really tempted to pick Jax, I really was. But having already picked Cleveland, I didn't want to push my luck with my "crazy pick" mojo.

San Francisco...How does Las Vegas make money? By making the 49ers, losers of eleven in a row, three-point favourites against the Jets and watching all that New York fanboy money come in. This is another coin-flip game between two sad-sack teams who rarely play each other. God (or Vince Lombardi) only knows what will happen in this game.

Green Bay...Seattle has not won in Lambeau since 1999 and they are missing Earl Thomas. Plus, Green Bay desperately needs this win more than Seattle, who have a comfortable lead in the sorry NFC West. All of which means nada if Aaron Rodgers can't find the endzone against what is left of the Legion of Boom. Should be an interesting game to watch....and snow, too!

Atlanta...I literally did flip-a-coin to determine my pick in this game. Two teams I don't care about and rarely watch playing a game that has little playoff relevance. The tv ratings for this will be dismal.

Dallas...NFC East grudge-match. Upsets always happen in these kind of games. Dak has not looked as sharp of late...hitting the 'rookie wall'? But Dallas still has that O-Line. They don't need Dak to be superman as long as they just keep crushing people with their running game.

New England...a LOT of people are picking Baltimore, which kind of scared me away from picking the Ravens. Upsets happen when you least expect them, not when everyone is jumping on the upset bandwagon. Gronk or no Gronk, it's still Brady and Belichick vs. Flacco and Harbaugh...in New England in the (possibly) snow. I still like the Patriots. But if you jumped on the Ravens early and got those 9 or 10 points when the line first opened, you are probably feeling good...and hoping for a blizzard Monday night to keep the scoring down.

We are checking you  into the asylum in the morning.  LOL.  Cleveland?are you finally convinced they suck?

10 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

We are checking you  into the asylum in the morning.  LOL.  Cleveland?are you finally convinced they suck?

know Cleveland sucks. But even suck-ass teams win once in a while. That's why 0-16 has only been achieved once in NFL history.

Besides...Junior has an eight-game lead on me. I am not going to catch him picking chalk every week. Chances need to be taken. That's why the 49ers and Saints killed me today...that was two make-able games right there.

18 minutes ago, Strider said:

know Cleveland sucks. But even suck-ass teams win once in a while. That's why 0-16 has only been achieved once in NFL history.

Besides...Junior has an eight-game lead on me. I am not going to catch him picking chalk every week. Chances need to be taken. That's why the 49ers and Saints killed me today...that was two make-able games right there.

Yes it makes perfect sense.  I just do not see them beating anyone.  Someone today said the most likely game is San Diego.  For some reason the schedule makers ruined San Diego's Christmas and are sending them to the Dawg pound on Xmas Eve!!!!!  Unreal.  And being out of it, I doubt their minds will be on football.  But Rivers likely can beat them by himself.  Mayen my Bills will fold the tents and lose?  They are already shockingly 11 pt favorites in Vegas.  And Ryan could be  toast by sunup.  This fucking Giants offense is stinking up the joint.  Still in it nonetheless.  I am going to watch Baltimore with much interest tomorrow

Sorry Paul. You were soooo close to winning your first week of the season. Baltimore just wasn't up to the task. Mrs. W takes the win for this week. :cheer:

Of all of us that have been playing all season, there are two people who remain winless...Paul and Rick. Three chances left.

No major moves in the overall standings...except for Mrs. W zooming from #7 to #5 and a tie with hubby Walter. They even have won the same number of weeks: 3. Like I said, harmony in the Walter house. 

Week 14 Results

Mrs. W: 13-3*

paul carruthers: 11-5

ebk: 10-6

jabe: 10-6

jb126: 10-6

Strider: 10-6

Walter: 10-6

Bong-Man: 9-7

Junior: 9-7

LedZeppfan77: 9-7

zepscoda: 9-7

Season Standings After 208 Games

1. Junior: 139-67-2******

2. Strider: 132-77-2**

3. jb126: 130-76-2***

4. jabe: 129-77-2*

5. Mrs. W: 125-81-2***

5. Walter: 125-81-2***

6. ebk: 123-83-2*

7. Bong-Man: 120-86-2**

8. LedZeppfan77: 115-91-2

9. paul carruthers: 112-81-2

10. zepscoda: 110-96-2***

Take note: There is a Saturday game this week....the friggin' Jets.

Week 15 Schedule

Thursday December 15 TIME(ET)
Los Angeles at Seattle 8:25 PM 

Saturday December 17 TIME(ET)
Miami at NY Jets 8:25 PM (Someone in the NFL scheduling office has a hard-on for the Jets.)

Sunday December 18 TIME(ET)
Cleveland at Buffalo 1:00 PM (Grab those points while you can!)
Green Bay at Chicago 1:00 PM 
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati 1:00 PM 
Tennessee at Kansas City 1:00 PM 
Indianapolis at Minnesota 1:00 PM 
Detroit at NY Giants 1:00 PM 
Philadelphia at Baltimore 1:00 PM 
Jacksonville at Houston 1:00 PM 
San Francisco at Atlanta 4:05 PM 
New Orleans at Arizona 4:05 PM 
New England at Denver 4:25 PM 
Oakland at San Diego 4:25 PM 
Tampa Bay at Dallas 8:30 PM