BBC SESSIONS - 4LP SET

ChrisHunt

OK - I bought a "LED ZEPPELIN -BBC SESSIONS-4LP SET-ULTRALIMITED EDITION -GREEN VINYL -SEALED" As stated set off ebay.......  and waited....  took 1 month to go by before I contacted ebay and said... hey I haven't recieved this purchase yet.  Finally the seller gets back to me and set the sealed set must have gotten lost in the shipping so he would send "another set of 4".    I album 1, 2, 3..... but no 4th?   Ebay never helped me out.  So....  1st question: What year were these" green inyls made and where?  And are they crap (I haven't opened the seal....).  Also, would anyone know if I could find a 4th "green vinyl" to complete my set ?

Thanks,

Chris 

They're bootlegs! Well actually they're pirates. I think they were released to cash in on the vinyl revival and the fact that the 200 germ box set of the BBC session was rare and very expensive. I used to see them about quite regularly, if I remember right you could buy them separately. You could try discogs and search using the " unofficial " filter. They are no different track wise from the original 97 official release. As for the quality of the pressings I cannot say but I'd imagine they were mastered from a commercial CD. Ebay should've helped you they've been always very helpful with me in the past. With the imminent official release of the expanded version of BBC sessions they're pretty much worthless now, maybe a collectors curio due to the green vinyl but I think they were released in other colours as well.

Archived