Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
sam_webmaster

Jimmy Page and Joe Elliott to appear at Classic Rock Awards

Recommended Posts

BS-Fuji%20Rock%20aired%20Nov%2019_zpsy6x

Video still from Masa Ito's Rock TV on BS television refutes any claims he was unaware of his co-headlining status (program aired November 19th)

Edited by SteveAJones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess that pic is the smoking guitar! If it was broacast on the 19th, do you know exactly when the filming was done?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 76229 said:

Guess that pic is the smoking guitar! If it was broacast on the 19th, do you know exactly when the filming was done?

The filming was definitely done prior to the awards ceremony on 11/11...most likely 11/09 or 11/10...working on the confirmation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2016 at 8:49 AM, 76229 said:

Guess that pic is the smoking guitar! If it was broacast on the 19th, do you know exactly when the filming was done?

I'm coming a bit late to this thread.  Has Page stated that he was unaware that posters advertising this event gave the impression that he would perform music?  Also, how did Ross Halfin become one of the this event's organizers?  Isn't he a photographer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

I'm coming a bit late to this thread.  Has Page stated that he was unaware that posters advertising this event gave the impression that he would perform music?  Also, how did Ross Halfin become one of the this event's organizers?  Isn't he a photographer?

Hey Disco, summary:

Page didn't perform.

Promotional materials gave the impression to many attendees that he would.

Attendees kicked up a stink and refunds have been issued and statements issued by Classic Rock and promoters.

Page has surprisingly, said, absolutely, nothing...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

I'm coming a bit late to this thread.  Has Page stated that he was unaware that posters advertising this event gave the impression that he would perform music?  Also, how did Ross Halfin become one of the this event's organizers?  Isn't he a photographer?

Classic Rock uses Halfin as a supplier for photos. Meanwhile, Halfin enjoys a longstanding, good working relationship with many artists and is also Page's life partner (so to speak). So Team Rock utilized Halfin as a co-organizer to round up some artists for this year's awards show. Beck...Page...Perry...Def Leppard...these are all Halfin associates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As mentioned earlier, now we will look at Jimmy's career in totally non-musical terms. Where and when he buys those

heavy leather jackets, if he sneaks a smoke(could be), if he goes to a music instrument store(certainly not for his purposes, but for his kids and grandkids). Maybe go to a bookstore, but if he ends up in the music section , he will leave

instantly if anything negative comes up in a Zep book. His behavior has become so oblivious, I dare say he might not be 

sober. I remember an interview with Jimmy in early 84', and he said he only heard of EVH in 82' with Beat It. Maybe he

was joking but No matter how reclusive, eccentric, blah, blah, this is just preposterous. If I saw him on the street I'd have

no problem asking him why he isn't playing anymore. This isn't 1981 where Jimmy was obviously destroyed by Bonzo's

death. A bad ailment, okay, also sad, but no justification for this baiting behavior, and this 99% blame on the promoters

blah,blah is rather convenient, and many magazines put people on the cover who barely say a word in print.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been reading that country and hip hop were the only records making any money for years now, in the u.s. Unfortunately this bootleg like poster, ripoff, is seeming like a further decline of rock music. Yet i understand it being treated as a commodity. But seriously, give it away....as the red hot chili peppers said, spiritually....with technology it'll only be free advertisement and will truly set any particular song, free....for listeners to hear. It could be a great opportunity. Like jimmy page did with dominoe in 1999 at live8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, middlezep said:

I have been reading that country and hip hop were the only records making any money for years now, in the u.s. Unfortunately this bootleg like poster, ripoff, is seeming like a further decline of rock music. Yet i understand it being treated as a commodity. But seriously, give it away....as the red hot chili peppers said, spiritually....with technology it'll only be free advertisement and will truly set any particular song, free....for listeners to hear. It could be a great opportunity. Like jimmy page did with dominoe in 1999 at live8.

Jimmy Page is now a brand; not an active musician.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LedZep news twitter feed reporting that a lawsuit has been filed against the promoters of the Classic Rock Awards because Jimmy Page didn't perform

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So true, now what the Who said 40 ? years ago. Certainly many good bands still come out, but the almost religious

fervor surrounding rock, is close to extinction. I still remember Jimmy coming back in the US ARMS shows, and his

reappearance was greeted like the second coming, no kidding. There was serious love for these musicians. Now

as Boleskinner has mentioned, Jimmy, not giving any reasons for his inaction, and ridiculous scarf and what-not

shop, is a brand. Also, those releases with the companions, blah, blah, no dice. Perhaps Jimmy just didn't have the

energy(his age), okay, but I am entirely convinced there is either much more material or alternate versions of songs.

Jimmy used all kinds of overdubs(guitar, mainly), in most Zep songs, he threw the alt takes away ?? BS! BS,BS. He was

too lazy(or tired, he's old) to properly go thru all the stuff, and hence the half-assed nature of the releases. But he's a 

brand, and boy did he promote that brand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

LedZep news twitter feed reporting that a lawsuit has been filed against the promoters of the Classic Rock Awards because Jimmy Page didn't perform

A lawsuit seems totally unnecessary given the standing offer of a full refund on tickets thru Dec 20th...unless it's the promoter suing the organizers or some other internal point of contention. Interesting. Hopefully further details will follow.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

A lawsuit seems totally unnecessary given the standing offer of a full refund on tickets thru Dec 20th...unless it's the promoter suing the organizers or some other internal point of contention. Interesting. Hopefully further details will follow.  

There's a link to a news story but it's in Japanese, so never included it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I translated the article from Japan Yahoo with Bing.  Obviously it does not flow the the way it
would if it had been originally written in English.   I also looked to see how much 170, 000 yen is
in $US dollars.  It's about $1500 give or take some change of day to day.  The article below are 
NOT my words so anything misspelled blame Bing

****************************************************

Jimmy Page "no play" event, a lawyer sued the organizers "of responsibility is ambiguous."

Jimmy Page's legendary rock guitarist Concerning problem that did not play in place music
event in Tokyo, Okuyama RinKo lawyer of Sapporo, who participated in the event on
November 29, filed suit against the organizer, round-trip and the ticket price airfare, seeking
damages meter about 170,000 yen combined accommodation costs, was filed in Sapporo
summary court. Okuyama lawyer November 30, revealed on the homepage. 

Events in question were made at Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan on November 11, "Classic Rock
Awards 2016". Although Jimmy Page's there was a similarly pre-announcement, such as
whether to play with Jeff Beck's guitarist, the day Jimmy Page's, despite the podium as a
presenter, did not play. For this reason, the fan has become the fray to protest. 

Sponsored by the "KLab Entertainment" is November 14, but the ticket price was announced
not to refund, by turn the policy on November 20, for the customers who are not satisfied with
the event, and to refund the ticket price It had announced on the official site. 

Okuyama RinKo lawyer that this lawsuit was Sapporo On the day of the event, came by plane
from Sapporo, participated as one of the guests. Seeking, such as explanation of why there was
no "co-star", that has been sent a questionnaire to "KLab Entertainment", in the written reply
that came back was no sufficient explanation as there is a "duty of confidentiality on the
contract." . 

Okuyama lawyer, an interview of lawyer dot-com news, correspondence that "while
unanswered the location of the facts circumstances and responsibilities" might be good anymore
and refund "is rude to customers, there is good faith believes that it is not the attitude of the
company. in addition, as the rock fans said did you decided to sue as "not played Jimmy bad" it
was not even able to agree on like a tone "that heard in part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^

Ok, so basically a lawyer from Sapporo who travelled to the event is seeking reimbursement of his hotel and airfare expenses (about $1,500) because he asserts the promoter acted in bad faith with regard to Jimmy Page having "co-starring" participation in the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

^^^

Ok, so basically a lawyer from Sapporo who travelled to the event is seeking reimbursement of his hotel and airfare expenses (about $1,500) because he asserts the promoter acted in bad faith with regard to Jimmy Page having "co-starring" participation in the event.

Thanks Kelly Girl. Sounds fair enough to me and I wish the guy luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KellyGirl said:

Seeking, such as explanation of why there was
no "co-star", that has been sent a questionnaire to "KLab Entertainment", in the written reply
that came back was no sufficient explanation as there is a "duty of confidentiality on the
contract." . 

Sounds like KLab are hamstrung from revealing the facts because of the confidential contract with Page. Probably why they retracted their original online statement.

What I'd give to see that contract (in English!) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boleskinner said:

Sounds like KLab are hamstrung from revealing the facts because of the confidential contract with Page. Probably why they retracted their original online statement.

What I'd give to see that contract (in English!) 

The whole situation stinks of scandal, or at least deception.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would have been swept under the rug or flat out ignored by those in charge if there
wasn't something scandalous or guilty with the way they advertised this event.  Offering a full
refund including a discount off of next years show?   *Left eyebrow raised on that one*   There
is no need to do that if Jimmy's role was promoted with honest intentions right!?!?    

This isn't  Page's  first rodeo when it comes to making  an appearance at shows like these.  Fans
pretty much never expect him to strap on a guitar and play.  You happily attend the event
believing  Jimmy will be handing out an award or accepting one -   However things were
expected to be different this time according to those who attended - and for good reason.

What I don't believe is  Jimmy telling  people he would playing  guitar in Japan and to go ahead
and advertise it maliciously to ticket buyers.   I think the blame goes to the people putting on
the event.   Shame on them.   Now I'm not saying  Jimbo didn't do his usual  "I would like to
be seen playing live,"
    but certainly never officially in a  contract in 2016.  

I too wonder what the contract contained though...

I hope the next event people are at with Jimmy Page will be more positive for them.  A better
outcome and fun.   



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

^^^

Ok, so basically a lawyer from Sapporo who travelled to the event is seeking reimbursement of his hotel and airfare expenses (about $1,500) because he asserts the promoter acted in bad faith with regard to Jimmy Page having "co-starring" participation in the event.

Think you're right. But surely it would have concerned Jimmy upon seeing the promotional material? I'd have had my lawyers onto it quick as a flash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A brief statement from Jimmy is required. Otherwise it looks like he couldn't give a rat's ass about all his fans that turned up paying good money to see him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

A brief statement from Jimmy is required. Otherwise it looks like he couldn't give a rat's ass about all his fans that turned up paying good money to see him.

 

Not really, Page had nothing to do with the poster billing, it's not his fault the promoters got a bit ahead of themselves making the assumption that  Page would pick up the axe. Why should he apologize for something that had nothing to do with him.  People were obviously disappointed but that's not Pages' fault. This is one instance where you can ''shoot the messenger''. Then again if anyone really thought he was going to get up and play when the evidence of the past nine years should have sown doubt then more fool them ... I did say that when that poster appeared it would scare him off (from performing) Like I said, if he had got up it would have only been for a quick run through "Becks Bolero"............Maybe he would have performed, if it could have been impromptu, then along came the poster bill and everything got spoiled...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JTM said:

Why should he apologize for something that had nothing to do with him.  

A. I didn't ask him to apologise, I said a "brief statement". Is that beyond him? Just to say thank to the fans for turning out, but there was a mix up and I appreciate the support.

27 minutes ago, JTM said:

 Then again if anyone really thought he was going to get up and play when the evidence of the past nine years should have sown doubt then more fool them ...

B. Yes, it's clearly the fan's fault, that's why refunds have been issued, an official apology released, and a law suit is pending. You're also assuming that everyone is  as up to speed as the die-hards on this forum on his lack of playing. The layman would have expected something based on the promotion and his vow in every interview for the last 10 years to "be seen to be playing live." 

34 minutes ago, JTM said:

 I did say that when that poster appeared it would scare him off (from performing) Like I said, if he had got up it would have only been for a quick run through "Becks Bolero"............Maybe he would have performed, if it could have been impromptu, then along came the poster bill and everything got spoiled...

Oh yes, the poster scared him off. The big one beside him when he was interviewed on Japanese TV. The poster stopped him from a jamming a song, with his mates, that he's played for over 50 years. Give me strength.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

A brief statement from Jimmy is required. Otherwise it looks like he couldn't give a rat's ass about all his fans that turned up paying good money to see him.

 

He couldn't give a rats ass about the fans that turned up, or in general. Hence his decade of bullshit promises to play live and release new material

again, I'll say I don't care if he doesn't play again but I do care about him peddling the same old bollocks about "wanting to be seen to be playing". Here was an easy opportunity to do so and I find it hard to believe he wasn't aware of the expectation of him to play but again he didn't.

the emperer has no clothes on

Edited by jsj
Spelling mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KellyGirl said:

What I don't believe is  Jimmy telling  people he would playing  guitar in Japan and to go ahead and advertise it maliciously to ticket buyers.  

For the fans, especially the die hards, the real problem here is he swore up and down the last time he was in town that he hoped to return one day to perform for the Japanese. So you can't promote him as co-headliner with Jeff Beck of all people and not generate the expectation he will perform at least one set.  

10 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Think you're right. But surely it would have concerned Jimmy upon seeing the promotional material? I'd have had my lawyers onto it quick as a flash

Clearly he was aware but couldn't care less. If he did he would have simply performed one song to allow everyone to save face, including himself. It was a dick move for Team Rock to assert they never said he would perform, because they never said he wouldn't either. This goes back to Page being under self-management and not having the foresight or wherewithal to avoid a mess before it's made. Any agent or manager worth his weight would have never signed off on the way this event was promoted with regard to Jimmy Page.

6 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

A brief statement from Jimmy is required. Otherwise it looks like he couldn't give a rat's ass about all his fans that turned up paying good money to see him.

The fact he elected not to perform knowing full well he was billed as the co-headliner speaks for itself. Couldn't care less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...