Purple/Rainbow/Blackmore etc

leddy

Now I know why many 'ol style DP fans didn't like Rainbow that much :)

Raelly ? I am an older and love Rainbow, well the early stuff more !!

I haven't followed Deep Purple all that much in recent years but I have liked what I've heard of the current incarnation whenever I hear them on XM.

Yes Steve Morse is a great gutarist , Ted the mechanic, Hey Cisco being my fave songsf from the Morse purple lineup !!

Edited by leddy

I have no Deep Purple or Rainbow on CD but I do have Made In Japan, On Stage and Long Live Rock n' Roll on vinyl (and maybe more, my vinyl has been in storage for far too long). In any case, my Deep Purple collection could proably use some expanding. I remember Machine Head and Burn on 8-track (and vinyl) being some of the first stuff I ever heard by them way back in the 70s.

I have no Deep Purple or Rainbow on CD but I do have Made In Japan, On Stage and Long Live Rock n' Roll on vinyl (and maybe more, my vinyl has been in storage for far too long). In any case, my Deep Purple collection could proably use some expanding. I remember Machine Head and Burn on 8-track (and vinyl) being some of the first stuff I ever heard by them way back in the 70s.

Yes IN Rock would be good one to go for alongside Machine head and Burn. from the reunion MKII I would say Perfect Strangers and The Battle rages ON !!!

from the reunion MKII I would say Perfect Strangers and The Battle rages ON !!!

I'd add "Live in Stuttgart 1993" to that. That is one amazing live album!

Edited by Ady

I agree. The trio of "In Rock", "Fireball" & "Machine Head" is incredible. Three completely different, but brilliant albums. "Who Do We Think We Are" isn't too shabby either and "Made In Japan" is one of the all time great live albums.

I do enjoy the MkIII & MkIV lineups as well though. "Burn", "Stormbringer" & "Come Taste the Band" are all up there with the MkII material for me and there are some cracking live albums from those lineups to compete with "Made In Japan".

Machine Head was the first album Of DP I heard,when I was a kid.Changed my music world forever. Fireball, and In Rock also became instant favorites.I think that it was Lords organ playing along with Blackmore that added that certain something.

Blackmore is somehow involved with a new German restaurant that opened down my street. The name is "Village Lantern", and the menu and bar have scenes from that album. Our server kind of made a funny face when I asked about him, but the food and prices were pretty good.

They're surely very influential upon hard rock etc. but I've never been a fan of Purple, Blackmore or Rainbow. I find the groups to be cheesy and pretentious (Blackmore, mainly).

Not my cup of tea.

Well your not welcome here so kindly F*ck off !!.....................joking :rolleyes::) your entitled to your opinion however wrong you are :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by leddy

Glenn Hughes & Friends, Blackfoot, Magnum, Hanoi Rocks, Molly Hatchet, Budgie, Fastway and GMT have been confirmed to appear at this year’s Rock & Blues Custom Show, which to celebrate its 25 anniversary takes place at a new location - Catton Hall in Derbyshire, from July 24th-2th.

Glenn Hughes & Friends, Blackfoot, Magnum, Hanoi Rocks, Molly Hatchet, Budgie, Fastway and GMT have been confirmed to appear at this year’s Rock & Blues Custom Show, which to celebrate its 25 anniversary takes place at a new location - Catton Hall in Derbyshire, from July 24th-2th.

Budgie! :)