Sara Watkins w/ John Paul Jones at Bush Hall in London

sam_webmaster

18 minutes ago, Strider said:

John Paul Jones never has a problem getting up and performing.

And he is always amazing. I have seen him twice solo, once for Zooma and the other for The Thunderthief and both times he not only brought it but made it look effortless. What a massive talent.

20 hours ago, IpMan said:

And he is always amazing. I have seen him twice solo, once for Zooma and the other for The Thunderthief and both times he not only brought it but made it look effortless. What a massive talent.

Did you see him with David Rawlings a couple years ago? That was an amazing show! They played a church in L.A. with incredible acoustics.

Along with that tour, Zooma, Thunderthief, and Diamanda Galas, I have been fortunate to be at Largo several nights over the years when John Paul Jones has popped up for impromptu jams with Sara & Sean Watkins, Jon Brion, Robyn Hitchcock, and others.

I'm afraid 'impromptu' is a word not in Jimmy's vocabulary anymore.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Did you see him with David Rawlings a couple years ago? That was an amazing show! They played a church in L.A. with incredible acoustics.

Along with that tour, Zooma, Thunderthief, and Diamanda Galas, I have been fortunate to be at Largo several nights over the years when John Paul Jones has popped up for impromptu jams with Sara & Sean Watkins, Jon Brion, Robyn Hitchcock, and others.

I'm afraid 'impromptu' is a word not in Jimmy's vocabulary anymore.

You are a fortunate man indeed. I missed him with Dave but next time I get the opportunity I will not miss it. Jones seems a natural musician, it is what he is, it is part of him. I fear Jimmy may have either lost that part or his interest has waned. At least we still have Robert & Jonesey, two outta three ain't bad.

Archived